Should The Love Boat be renamed?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Love Boat be renamed?

• Yes. It should be renamed "Community."
    • Yes, but something other than "Community" or "Love Boat."
    • No!! Keep the Love Boat afloat!
    • No. Sink the boat & delete the entire section. Muahaha!

I wouldn't personally care if the love boats were ditched. But I would be an egoistic cunt to want them gone.

Why is it that all of the people complaining about them are also the ones who don't have one? I SMELL BUTTHURT.

Much like a dog in heat Sippe can smell butthurt miles away.

It wouldn't affect me personally if they did disappear but I think it's a good section of the board for the people who use it. I don't see why anyone would be actively against the love boats.

It's BECAUSE THEY IS BUTTHURT

The way we decided upon it, a namechange, clarification as to what the area was to be used for, and including community/hi i r nu/group threads was a better use for it than as it stands. This was based off of feedback from yew guise. As many of you probably know, I've wanted it deleted for about 6 years so streamlining and accommodating new things into it is a better use for it than it being gone completely, really.

The way we decided upon it, a namechange, clarification as to what the area was to be used for, and including community/hi i r nu/group threads was a better use for it than as it stands. This was based off of feedback from yew guise. As many of you probably know, I've wanted it deleted for about 6 years so streamlining and accommodating new things into it is a better use for it than it being gone completely, really.

If you're gonna change the name, at least change it to something that's still humourous but is clear... "Community" is just... ugh :LOL:

I don't get the opposition to the Love Boats. People who aren't interested in them can avoid them, like many people avoid the Kit and Tab area, and I can't see that it takes much effort to moderate as I haven't seen much drama go on in there :unsure:

This.

My view: Love Boats create cliquey friendships which then translate poorly to Banter where all the in-jokes and references are lost on most people. This makes for bad banter.

Furthermore, the amount of ego-massaging and self-congratulatory wank in Love Boats, apart from being wholly vomit-worthy, could take place elsewhere seeing as about 99% of it is just empty, inane chatter.

Finally, such in-groups develop a detachment from the rest of the board and thus there is a rather putrid cloud of high and mightyism which lingers, predominantly, over the Musey areas where regulars pick and snipe at newer users/those just here to talk Muse (one of which I'm increasingly finding myself) before retreating to the Love Boat lairs and high five eachother.

I know this is quite a sweeping generalisation and not all Love Boatism is like this but this is just what I have observed during my eight years posting here.

And yes, I am currently writing a piece of academic work hence the grotesque wordiness of this post :LOL:.

/cue rage.

kthxbi.

My view: Love Boats create cliquey friendships which then translate poorly to Banter where all the in-jokes and references are lost on most people. This makes for bad banter.

Furthermore, the amount of ego-massaging and self-congratulatory wank in Love Boats, apart from being wholly vomit-worthy, could take place elsewhere seeing as about 99% of it is just empty, inane chatter.

Finally, such in-groups develop a detachment from the rest of the board and thus there is a rather putrid cloud of high and mightyism which lingers, predominantly, over the Musey areas where regulars pick and snipe at newer users/those just here to talk Muse (one of which I'm increasingly finding myself) before retreating to the Love Boat lairs and high five eachother.

I know this is quite a sweeping generalisation and not all Love Boatism is like this but this is just what I have observed during my eight years posting here.

And yes, I am currently writing a piece of academic work hence the grotesque wordiness of this post :LOL:.

/cue rage.

kthxbi.

To be honest, what you described just now sounds exactly like Banter.

I don't see much 'ganging up' by love boaters going on. Just 'cos you're friends with people, doesn't mean you're a mindless sheep without an individual opinion and like Niall said, if there was evidence of ganging up on innocent Main Musers by evil Love Boaters, the mods would have taken action and there would have been much drama, which I haven't seen any evidence of :p

To be honest, what you described just now sounds exactly like Banter.

Agreed with both of these.

/cue rage.

kthxbi.

Cheers Clunge - you've summed up my stance. As for Dee's comment - there's always time to get to know people in Banter. You can become part of the "community", for lack of a less ghastly word. Can one, as a new user, simply visit another's Love Boat at random and say hello? That, I feel, is the crucial difference between the two.

Can one, as a new user, simply visit another's Love Boat at random and say hello? That, I feel, is the crucial difference between the two.

Oh dear. Not something that I would suggest. People seem to be very protective about who posts in their loved ones boats.

Oh dear. Not something that I would suggest. People seem to be very protective about who posts in their loved ones boats.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but not everyone is like that. Personally, I don't give a fuck who posts in my boat!

Archived