Should The Love Boat be renamed?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Love Boat be renamed?

• Yes. It should be renamed "Community."
    • Yes, but something other than "Community" or "Love Boat."
    • No!! Keep the Love Boat afloat!
    • No. Sink the boat & delete the entire section. Muahaha!

Right, and the 20 report you received about the love boats being confusing is?

9400 active users? My arse.

It's representative more of new users. And a poll is quite a different medium to individual comments over a longer period of time.

Muse Messageboard Statistics:

Threads: 27,446, Posts: 4,139,832, Members: 389,136, Active Members: 9,427

It's not a very useful number but it's the only on easily to hand, anyway.

It's representative more of new users. And a poll is quite a different medium to individual comments over a longer period of time.

and what about al the people who didn't send you any comments because they don't want anything to change?

And what does this stats programme mean by 'active' users? Someone who posted once this year? Someone who posts weekly? daily?

Right, and the 20 report you received about the love boats being confusing is?

9400 active users? My arse.

All we're doing is waiting the poll to be finished to take a decision a lot more people can vote any which way between now and the end date.

What I think people forget is that it's not like Muse or their management are obligated in any way to provide free server space for people to chat to their pals at all. Complaining about a name change just seems like looking a gift horse in the mouth to me.

and what about al the people who didn't send you any comments because they don't want anything to change?

And what does this stats programme mean by 'active' users? Someone who posted once this year? Someone who posts weekly? daily?

As far as I know, to count as an active user you just have to had logged in. It's the amount of users that have been active in the last 24 hours or however long this forum sets it to (probs 24 hours).

As far as I know, to count as an active user you just have to had logged in. It's the amount of users that have been active in the last 24 hours or however long this forum sets it to (probs 24 hours).

Exactly. So basically it means nothing.

Exactly. So basically it means nothing.

I think it's longer than a day, I need to have a look (and maybe modify it). It's a measure (not a very good one) of people using the forum. Because obviously a huge volume of members are spambots and unused accounts etc.

I can't find a tool for listing users who visit the forum regularly, but I'll have a dig through the admin cp to find out what's there, might provide some useful insights in general.

I found the daily visitor count is 578 members today.

And in the last week we've have 400 visits from members who have over 500 posts, which is probably a better representative of active but long term board members.

On the subject of a thread for newbies, you would have to be mad to stand up and admit to being new on here - you just get attacked. I ran away and didn't come back for months after my first post.

On the subject of making things clearer - the description on Banter is very misleading. It was about a year before I even looked at it because it said it was about sex. It was only because I was really bored one day that I opened it and found there were all sorts of interesting things in there, even a thread for Oldies.

And I never did truly understand this Love Boat business.

On the subject of a thread for newbies, you would have to be mad to stand up and admit to being new on here - you just get attacked. I ran away and didn't come back for months after my first post.

On the subject of making things clearer - the description on Banter is very misleading. It was about a year before I even looked at it because it said it was about sex. It was only because I was really bored one day that I opened it and found there were all sorts of interesting things in there, even a thread for Oldies.

And I never did truly understand this Love Boat business.

Not sure how you're thinking here.

That you were "attacked" had nothing to do with being a noob. You didn't even say that you were new, some people just quoted your post and disagreed. If you can't stand someone saying "I don't agree", then that's nobody's fault but your own :p

Love boats=threads for love/appreciation for specific users. It's not harder than that.

And mods/admins, good luck making all these big changes if it takes you this long from hearing that the descriptions are misleading and confusing to actually changing them.

Should have been sunk years ago. Get rid of it, there are myriad ways to do exactly the same job without clogging up the board.

How can it clog up the board if it's an entire section, on it's own? There are plenty of people who use it actively, myself included, but if you don't like it, don't go there, pretty simple :LOL:

I don't get the opposition to the Love Boats. People who aren't interested in them can avoid them, like many people avoid the Kit and Tab area, and I can't see that it takes much effort to moderate as I haven't seen much drama go on in there :unsure:

Exactly...

Archived