Should The Love Boat be renamed?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Love Boat be renamed?

• Yes. It should be renamed "Community."
    • Yes, but something other than "Community" or "Love Boat."
    • No!! Keep the Love Boat afloat!
    • No. Sink the boat & delete the entire section. Muahaha!

So is this a way to give mods more things to do around here? Because if you're gonna sort out spam from new users in a new users introduction thread then you have your work cut out for you.

Not in any new users thread that might exist, just in the forum in general, as we already do.

Exactly this. And also, "Community" is silly because that's what basically describes the whole forum, seems stupid making one forum that and the rest... "non-community" or whatever :LOL:

I don't like the way how you guys have just announced this and don't seem like you're open to the ideas we're giving. I know you're the mods but we should be able to have a solid say too, and it's pretty obvious most here don't like the idea...

But at the same time we are basing those changes from the feedback we got from people here on the survey we had a few months ago :LOL:

And whatever we do we will never get 100% of people happy.

What name would you suggest for this section bearing in mind it won't just be about Love Boats. If people don't like community then nothing stops you to actually suggest an alternative.

*appr*

Community sounds awful, imo. Let's hope these threads for newbies will be a bit more substantial than ' oh haizzzzzzzzzzz i'm new and love matttttttie :D :D :D: D :D' to which no-one will respond to.

As Niall said there will only 1 thread for newbie to introduce themselves and that will be a sticky.

What name would you suggest for this section bearing in mind it won't just be about Love Boats. If people don't like community then nothing stops you to actually suggest an alternative.

But aren't they still love boats, really? Even if it's a group? It would essentially be a love boat for new users to hang out in and feel welcome, no?

or people creating their own threads which no one will post to :LOL:

'hai I'm new :D'

big.fucking.deal /grumpie old person :mad:

There will be just one new thread for new users. And it will probably be just that unfortunately, but it's better than before when we had an entire forum that was just that...

We'll still mod out any spam from them.

ah well at least that's something! although the original subforum had a stickie that said 'introduce yourself here' and yet lots of new threads were made :p

*knuffles*

i think i missed something when newbs got into it, seems to have been a late addition (it's not mentioned in the initial post) and i don't reckon it'll actually happen

I saw it mentioned somewhere in this thread :unsure:

*knuf* :happy:

As Niall said there will only 1 thread for newbie to introduce themselves and that will be a sticky.

No need to repeat him them, is there :chuckle:

But aren't they still love boats, really? Even if it's a group? It would essentially be a love boat for new users to hang out in and feel welcome, no?

not that ive really set sail in any of these, but i dont see a problem in changing from 'Love Boat' to 'Rave Tent' or 'Love Train'.

Maybe we didn't explain ourselves clearly as this wasn't the case. The decision was made because from the survey we got quite a lot of feedback from people saying that the love boats was quite obscure and difficult to understand for newcomers and also a lot of people asked if we could open that area of the forum to include group threads so we decided to open it up and make it a 'community' section with individual and group thread. It's only afterwards that we thought that we could reintroduce a new user thread on there so that actually came last.

I don't really give a damn, since I rarely use the love boat section anyway, but it seems like a weird way to solve a problem.

"Lots of people didn't understand the love boat section, so instead of explaining this really simple concept, we decided to change "Appreciation threads for users" to "Appreciation threads for users+threads for new users+threads for other groups. PM us if you're not quite sure about something" "

"quite obscure and difficult to understand for newcomers", I bet the same thing was said about Banter, and probably by more people.

I don't really give a damn, since I rarely use the love boat section anyway, but it seems like a weird way to solve a problem.

"Lots of people didn't understand the love boat section, so instead of explaining this really simple concept, we decided to change "Appreciation threads for users" to "Appreciation threads for users+threads for new users+threads for other groups. PM us if you're not quite sure about something" "

"quite obscure and difficult to understand for newcomers", I bet the same thing was said about Banter, and probably by more people.

QFT.

not that ive really set sail in any of these, but i dont see a problem in changing from 'Love Boat' to 'Rave Tent' or 'Love Train'.

Thos are much better than my idea which is "love corner" but that might be misleading people into thinking that it's the place where people hang out to have cyber sex :LOL:

Retain the name Love Boat as clearly the majority of users prefer that title

Create a sticky for new users and edit forum description to make it clear for new users

Create a subforum for all the new group discussion threads, such as the SS Kunt

You get your thread for new users, you get an area for group discussions and you get to keep the loveboats?

Retain the name Love Boat as clearly the majority of users prefer that title

Create a sticky for new users and edit forum description to make it clear for new users

Create a subforum for all the new group discussion threads, such as the SS Kunt

You get your thread for new users, you get an area for group discussions and you get to keep the loveboats?

Basically what I suggested, but according to L we're all just complaining about the name and not giving any suggestions.

retain the name love boat as clearly the majority of users prefer that title

create a sticky for new users and edit forum description to make it clear for new users

create a subforum for all the new group discussion threads, such as the ss kunt

you get your thread for new users, you get an area for group discussions and you get to keep the loveboats?

the man talks sense

Thos are much better than my idea which is "love corner" but that might be misleading people into thinking that it's the place where people hang out to have cyber sex :LOL:

:LOL: I think lsgriffiths's suggestion Love Train reeks even more of sex shenanigans :chuckle: I'm getting the weirdest mental images.

Archived