Map of the Problematique guitar sound

Str4t0c4st3r

I dont get any sound when i play it why is that?

It's not an audio file, it's just the commands you need to trigger whatever it is you're using. I haven't really been following this conversation so I'm probably not the biggest help. Maybe someone could give a more step by step instruction.

It's not an audio file, it's just the commands you need to trigger whatever it is you're using. I haven't really been following this conversation so I'm probably not the biggest help. Maybe someone could give a more step by step instruction.

just to clear out

the corect sequence for the song is

off down off up off up off down off up off up off down off up

then there are two variations

off up off down off up off down off down off up off down off up

and

off up off down off up off up off down off up off down off up

i'll just have to replace this pattern what cc messages pod uses for the off,up and down octaves? if yes then how can i find what cc messages it uses?

just to clear out

the corect sequence for the song is

off down off up off up off down off up off up off down off up

then there are two variations

off up off down off up off down off down off up off down off up

and

off up off down off up off up off down off up off down off up

i'll just have to replace this pattern what cc messages pod uses for the off,up and down octaves? if yes then how can i find what cc messages it uses?

I assume the manual should tell you. Or maybe you could search for it. I've never used a Pod.

• 2 weeks later...

yeh I have a slicer but it won't do MOTP IMO (I'm not sure if i've heard the song but i've heard how to make the fucking sound enough, jesus)

It's basically a really advanced sort of tremolo. it does have a couple of "harmonic" settings which add some bloopy sounds, but it's not really pitch shifting your signal.

I'll have a play with it at some point to see if i'm wrong

Slicer...for bass? I'm sure you play guitar too but I do remember you having a crazy-huge bass pedalboard.

I quite liked the idea of the Boss Slicer, but its hella expensive for a kinda one-trick-pony effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
No he sends you some version of cubase with it to actually open the file with but that Cubase only opens on Windows

I assume thats the free download of Cubase SX, which should also be available for OSX.

TBH, that seems a stupid idea, just send people the MIDI file, which can be opened in any DAW rather than an 8 year old DAW that's laughable in today's market.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just managed to get the MotP sound using Guitar Rig 4, it works great, but there a couple of minor problems I could use some help with: the analogue sequencers I use to sequence my Pitch Pedals run all the time, not just when I'm playing, so the sound isn't always right when I play the first note, how can I fix it so the sound is correct when I start playing? I know there are 2 sequencer patterns for the song and I have them both set up (though I'm not to sure about the second one that runs when you play every 3rd chord/note throughout most of the song, could someone give me the octave pattern for this pattern so I can check I have it right?) I have trouble switching from pattern to pattern smoothly so as to keep in time, I have a foot controller but there's usually just under a second of a delay between me pressing the switch I've set to change patterns and the pattern change actually occuring, any ideas? I was thinking I could have both patterns set up on one sound and use a switch to turn on and off the sequencer for the second pattern, but that would involve leaving both pitch pedals on, which shouldn't be a problem, but the other pedal seems to have an effect on the sound when left on, and if I do the opposite and leave both sequencers on so I can just turn on/off the other pitch pedal, the other sequencer seems to sequence the active pitch pedal whilst that same pedal is being sequenced by the right sequencer, resulting in a really screwed up sound. Any help on any of these problems would be greatly appreciated as I've been wanting to get this sound since I first started playing last year and I'd love to be able to make a decent cover of this song, which isn't really possible if these issues aren't fixed :/ Btw I have a Vintage VRS100 Guitar, Line 6 Spider IV 75 Amp, FBV Express MK II foot controller for the Spider Amp which connects to the computer, sound cable and a computer. Also, I was wondering if it's easier to get the effect in something like Cubase or Reaper? would using one of these get rid of the problems I'm facing in Guitar Rig? I don't have a whammy exactly, but my FBV foot controller has an expression pedal which does what a Whammy does with the Amp, would I be able to use this rather than a Whammy in one of these programs, or is a MIDI-USB connection essential? (FBV has no MIDI jack)

Archived