Map of the Problematique guitar sound

Str4t0c4st3r

Here it is!

Map of the Problematique for Ableton Live

You'll need to locate the recorded version of the song in order to play along with it, but other than that, just go to arrangement view and the whole track is laid out from left to right. Also, make sure your MIDI cable's output is plugged into the Whammy.

Note: This was made in Ableton Live 8 to be used with a Whammy IV. It should work with newer versions, but I'm curious to see it's compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...
This synthesizer is a modular structure. It is possible to recreate everything.

I've posted multiple times about how to recreate the sound accurately.

Basically just set up the Nord as a vocoder, pretty much mixing together a saw wave and a guitar.

You don't need the Nord G2 specifically, any old vocoder will do.

Also the Nord Modular is not a "true" modular, just operates like one, but with limitations whereas with a real one, the only limitations is what modules are on the market, your wallet and how conscious you are about saving the enviroment.

I've posted multiple times about how to recreate the sound accurately.

Basically just set up the Nord as a vocoder, pretty much mixing together a saw wave and a guitar.

You don't need the Nord G2 specifically, any old vocoder will do.

Also the Nord Modular is not a "true" modular, just operates like one, but with limitations whereas with a real one, the only limitations is what modules are on the market, your wallet and how conscious you are about saving the enviroment.

The most accurate sound you will get is with the NORD G2, good guitar with top pups and a good amp sound.

The patch for this dont use a vocoder however the synth modules you use in it are called filter voice where you select 3 vowels(AEIOU) which gives the input sound (guitar) a pertic filter sound.

the other things you need to use is the internal compressor of the nord, a EQ to change the tone of either the input or output and a good amp sound.

there is more you can use to get a better sound with the G2 but as they go for 500+ just try that method.

other hardware does really well for the song and some covers have been amazing sounding but not as close as the clavia.

Someone post up a clip of this fancy Nord version. I'd be very surprised if it sounds any better than the sequenced whammy method.

The only real significant difference is that it is cleaner sounding than a Whammy and if I remember correctly, the WH4 would pop a bit, as well as the trademark glitches. Not tried a Whammy 5 though, so no idea how the polyphonic mode handles it.

The whammy 5 handles it pretty well. Very clean sounding compared to the IV and not noisy at all. Only thing is that I can't figure out the different patterns and their order (pretty sure that cubase project isn't 100% correct, and it doesn't even work with the whammy 5)

none of the files work on my mac :$ .....anyone here have a good knowledge of midi stuff on logic X ?

Ish, can send you my unsustainable file and you can have a gander at that. You have to go on piano roll then hyper editor or sutin and selected expression/program change from a drop down menu and make lines

Or sutin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQz093e1K3Q

Finally got around to doing this!

From what I remember of the article where they explained it, this would need to be more complex, a different synthesiser with effects for each octave in the sequence basically. Possible within Ableton (Well any DAW really), but without knowing more about the equipment involved, mostly guesswork at that work.

Archived