Map of the Problematique guitar sound

Str4t0c4st3r

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to further ask about this. Someone's recommended Reaper a while ago but I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get the CC to work.. I have no idea what I'm doing and haven't really found a tutorial or anything.

I might have it in my YouTube inbox actually...

Re:MOTP file

Cubase 5 Portable -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F8EEXL0Y It was on btjunkie torrent site but it's gone now. It's portable, so no installation needed. The file say Photos from Wedding, only for precaution and not to be blocked. It's on .rar, so you need winrar or 7zip to extract it. Extract it, run Cubase5.exe and the program will run perfectly.

Map of the Problematique Cubase File Here is the Cubase file with everything (midi track and the original by muse) -> (Map of the Problematique version 1) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T9PH5ZS7

-> the file is the "motp work on 2"

Recently I've updated the midi track to a new version ;)

(Map of the Problematique Version 2) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2M5JZBU9

-> The file is "motp work on 3-01

You only need to open the file and press play. Don't forget to connect your midi cable (like the M-Audio Uno Usb/Midi) to the digitech whammy 4 by the Midi In and to press your Whammy pedal down ;)

Megaupload...

I'm with Lozo on this one..I was going to recommend the Molten midi 2..there is also a vid on there that shows exactly how easy it is to program as well. We have covered both bases for playing live as we are adding this to our set. I have programmed the guitar effect in logic to run with our backing track in case the Molten Midi doesn't work as we hope live. I will stick our backing track (work in progress not finished yet) on soundcloud...I have put down a rough bass and drum part to it to make sure that it all works....Live the drums and bass will be removed obviously...see what you think..

This is the start of our MOTP backing track for using live. There is bass and drums on here which will be taken out for live use. No guitar or vocals on this version. There is a little bit of work needed as one of the synth lines tends to wander in and out..but this will be edited out for the final version.

This track is written from scratch by me...as you can hear the guitar effect is replicated using synth sounds..and is actually really close to the original sound that Matt gets.Ideally in a live situation we would use something like the Molten midi as it will alter the actual sound of Pauls guitar and so will be much more "real" .

Hope you like..comments or questions welcomed..:D

This is the start of our MOTP backing track for using live. There is bass and drums on here which will be taken out for live use. No guitar or vocals on this version. There is a little bit of work needed as one of the synth lines tends to wander in and out..but this will be edited out for the final version.

This track is written from scratch by me...as you can hear the guitar effect is replicated using synth sounds..and is actually really close to the original sound that Matt gets.Ideally in a live situation we would use something like the Molten midi as it will alter the actual sound of Pauls guitar and so will be much more "real" .

Hope you like..comments or questions welcomed..:D

I made a MOTP MIDI track recently for a MIDI assignment I was given on my Music Tech course, this is the backing track that I'm planning to use live for something with guitar, bass and drums removed. Gonna tweak a few bits but otherwise yeah

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/d0mgreen/motp-synth-backing[/soundcloud]

It's much more synth orientated though. Full track can be seen on my soundcloud as well

Actually my bad, that does have bass in

Cool.

How did you embed your soundcloud file...code or is it more simple than that?

Cheers

Oh it's really simple now! Got introduced at the beginning of this year

You can quote my post to see it, or otherwise it's

[soundcloud] link here [/s oundcloud]

Without the space in the last bracket :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

so I set up my own octave-sequencer thingie on my digitech RP355 the following way:

-1,0,+1,0,+1,0,-1,0,+1,0,+1,0,-1,0,+1,0

(0 stands for whammy off position)

but every fourth bar on this song (except for the intro) goes a little bit different and I just can't figure it out. I've been looking around on google for quite a while but nothing useful. can anyone help?

Edit:

Alright guys, I just found it on muselive. If anyone is interested, the fourth bar goes like this:

+1,0,-1,0,+1,0,-1,0,-1,0,+1,0,-1,0,+1,0

(or at least sounded pretty good to me)

I sort of gave up on it, but I asked aorfix on youtube about that a while back...

There are two more variations:

off up off down off up off down off down off up off down off up

and

off up off down off up off up off down off up off down off up

Hey guys,

so I set up my own octave-sequencer thingie on my digitech RP355 the following way:

-1,0,+1,0,+1,0,-1,0,+1,0,+1,0,-1,0,+1,0

(0 stands for whammy off position)

but every fourth bar on this song (except for the intro) goes a little bit different and I just can't figure it out. I've been looking around on google for quite a while but nothing useful. can anyone help?

Edit:

Alright guys, I just found it on muselive. If anyone is interested, the fourth bar goes like this:

+1,0,-1,0,+1,0,-1,0,-1,0,+1,0,-1,0,+1,0

(or at least sounded pretty good to me)

Is that octave sequencer only on the 355 and up? I have a RP350 but I don't think I can do that.

I actually connect the unit to my notebook via USB and I do it the tricky way. I think you can do it with a MIDI cable (you'd have to mess around a bit tho) but I didn't have one on my hands so I decided it would be ok if I created a bot. :$ I set it up like a sequencer, so every 119 milliseconds (witch is set to 125 bpm, -1 MS because of the delay) it switches the whammy. What almost made me tear is that it works perfectly. Actually fits the whole song throughout. The bot you have to programme this in is called AC Tool, very useful little tool and pretty easy to use.

Send me a message if you're interested, I'm happy to help you out!

Thank you James btw.

• 2 months later...
Would anyone mind re-uploading a MoTP Midi file? All links posted previously seem to be down, and I want to try this effect out for myself. Thanks!

Which one?

I don't have a single MIDI file, but I have an entire cubase project for it...can't remember who I got it from, but it seems pretty accurate.

Which one?

I don't have a single MIDI file, but I have an entire cubase project for it...can't remember who I got it from, but it seems pretty accurate.

Yeah, that's probably the Aorfix one? I got one from him and that's a Cubase project. I've been meaning to make one myself/some general MIDI projects to control a whammy on Ableton for a while

Any experience with that NeilDOT?

Back in the day, I used to use a Korg Ax3000g which had a step sequencer in it which you could use to control its on board pitchshifter. It was only an 8step one sadly but I've got a setting which is pretty close to MoTP.

Only trouble is syncing it up with a backing track or even a click track for that matter. Anybody got any ideas?

Also, (this seems obvious to me) since people are going to the trouble of taking a PC out to gigs with them. Would it not make more sense to run a virtual pitchshifter into a sequencer rather than trailing a whammy out and using MIDI cables? Or would having to use an audio interface live mess with levels?

Can someone also explain how you can run this effect in a DAW and have it sync up? Like step-by-step? Because I don't even know where to start :L I'm probably most comfortable on Pro Tools but have used ableton in the past briefly.

Its as simple as this. It would sound terrible. A MIDI controlled whammy is still a physical guitar pedal which runs into genuine effects and amps wg

which we all know sounds good. Running the whole thing through a computer is just asking for terrible digital tone.

Its as simple as this. It would sound terrible. A MIDI controlled whammy is still a physical guitar pedal which runs into genuine effects and amps wg

which we all know sounds good. Running the whole thing through a computer is just asking for terrible digital tone.

But all the cubase session is doing is acting as a backing track and sending MIDI commands to the Whammy. Its just controlling it, not actually entering the signal path. No actual audio ever runs through the session from the guitar. Unless of course you mic up your amp and record the thing/

Not true at all! I can do MOTP live using Guitar Rig and I bet you it sounds better than if it was done with a whammy pedal.

Not true at all! I can do MOTP live using Guitar Rig and I bet you it sounds better than if it was done with a whammy pedal.

I have seen how to do that patch in guitar rig and it does sound fantastic. I guess with the polyphonic whammy you may have a chance to get close to it.

Archived