Map of the Problematique guitar sound

Str4t0c4st3r

Hey there,

at first, im new in this Forum, and i'm from Austria (not Australia, lol) so, im sorry for my bad english.

I've been a MUSE fan for more than 2 years right now, and in can't stop listening :) and i'm a guitarist and i love playing and covering muse.

Well.. my question is : how can i make the map of the proplematique guitar sound?

yes, i know that there are many threads with this question. im serious, i've read a lot of posts with the same question, but i'm not able to find out what i am doing wrong.

equipment : BOSS ME-70, digitech whammy

i already know that i need a programm which one i can control the whammy via MIDI. and theres my problem, i think. i tried a lot of programs, but most of the time the whammy didnt respone to that or i didnt know how to use the program, lol

lets say, a FREE! software. I also read that a lot of people are using cubase but.. a bit expensive, huh?

it would give me a great pleasure if there are any guitarist who can help me or doing a step-by-step instruction what i need and what i have to do (..for dummies.)

i hope my english is not that bad and i wish you a nice day :)

thanks

I didn't find many free software yet, but i tried it with a Guitar Rig demo (but i dont had enough time :D) Reaper (but i dont know how to use it) and a few others..

The whammy is connected with a USB-MIDI cable

Well all you need is a MIDI sequencer. Are you using a PC or a mac?

The closest sounding/least expensive way to get the MOTP sound is to go to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/aorfix ask for the midi file, I don't know if I'm supposed to say this but when I asked for the midi file he also sent me a Cubase file which I ended up not using but if you ask him for it he might send it to you.

Once you get the midi file and Cubase, you hook up your midi cable to your whammy and then to your computer, open up Cubase and load the midi file, make sure your midi cable is being recognized, once it is you just press the play button and off you go. Also make sure your whammy is on and the treadle is pushed down to the toe position.

The closest sounding/least expensive way to get the MOTP sound is to go to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/aorfix ask for the midi file, I don't know if I'm supposed to say this but when I asked for the midi file he also sent me a Cubase file which I ended up not using but if you ask him for it he might send it to you.

Once you get the midi file and Cubase, you hook up your midi cable to your whammy and then to your computer, open up Cubase and load the midi file, make sure your midi cable is being recognized, once it is you just press the play button and off you go. Also make sure your whammy is on and the treadle is pushed down to the toe position.

I can recommend Aorfix

I didn't find many free software yet, but i tried it with a Guitar Rig demo (but i dont had enough time :D) Reaper (but i dont know how to use it) and a few others..

The whammy is connected with a USB-MIDI cable

I actually use Reaper more than Cubase. I'd like to know if it's possible to do MIDI commands in Reaper. I can never get it to work :$

I actually use Reaper more than Cubase. I'd like to know if it's possible to do MIDI commands in Reaper. I can never get it to work :$

It is and I've done the whole motp thing in reaper. Create a new midi track and view it in event view then insert the appropriate cc messages.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just got a Digitech Whammy for christmas. I've never used MIDI before or any guitar software so I could really do with a step-by-step of what to do if anyone has the time :$

I've checked out Cubase as well, bit too expensive to be honest, I need something free if possible.

Ok I just got a Digitech Whammy for christmas. I've never used MIDI before or any guitar software so I could really do with a step-by-step of what to do if anyone has the time :$

I've checked out Cubase as well, bit too expensive to be honest, I need something free if possible.

Read through this thread.

Not sure about free midi controlling programs though.

what tab do you use?

I use a combination of some tabs I've found online and stuff I worked out myself from a certain video (think it's one of Pip's from Stade de Suisse). I posted it on here somewhere I'll have a look for it. As far as I can tell apart from the little fill bits it's accurate as to what he played in 2010

what tab do you use?

Had to go back 5 pages to find the right thread, but this is what I posted a while ago

Seriously the amount of searching it took me to find this...It's kind of a blend between studio and live version. Most of it is what he plays live, but like the last four bars and four bars in the middle where live he does some bends and shit I just put in what he plays on the album

Tuning is CADGBe obviously

Intro:

D--5--5--5--5--

A--3--3--3--3--

Intro after the intro which isn't quite the intro but I'll call it the intro anyway:

C--0--3--8--5--

Verse:

e---------------------------------

B------------(3)--4--4--4--6--

G--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5---

D--5--5--6--3----------6--3---

A--3--6----------3--6-----------

C----------------------------------

Pre-chorus & Chorus:

A--3--6--11-8--

C--0--3--8---5--

Random 4 bars in the middle (obviously he plays this different live)

D--5--5--5--5--

A--3--3--3--3--

C--0--0--0--0--

Then this again:

A--3--6--11-8--

C--0--3--8---5--

Second Verse:

e---------------------------------

B------------(3)--4--4--4--6--

G--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5---

D--5--5--6--3----------6--3---

A--3--6----------3--6-----------

C----------------------------------

Le slow chorus:

e--8----11--11---8---

B--8----8----9----9---

G--8----8----8---10--

D--10---8---10--10--

Outro (again, he'd play something else live, but this is more similar to the studio version):

A--3--3--3--3--

C--0--0--0--0--

Judge for yourselves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsNCLUrWyZc&feature=player_embedded

Anyone got Aorfix's midi file and are willing to upload it somewhere where we can grab it?

I might have it in my YouTube inbox actually...

Re:MOTP file

Cubase 5 Portable -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F8EEXL0Y It was on btjunkie torrent site but it's gone now. It's portable, so no installation needed. The file say Photos from Wedding, only for precaution and not to be blocked. It's on .rar, so you need winrar or 7zip to extract it. Extract it, run Cubase5.exe and the program will run perfectly.

Map of the Problematique Cubase File Here is the Cubase file with everything (midi track and the original by muse) -> (Map of the Problematique version 1) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T9PH5ZS7

-> the file is the "motp work on 2"

Recently I've updated the midi track to a new version ;)

(Map of the Problematique Version 2) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2M5JZBU9

-> The file is "motp work on 3-01

You only need to open the file and press play. Don't forget to connect your midi cable (like the M-Audio Uno Usb/Midi) to the digitech whammy 4 by the Midi In and to press your Whammy pedal down ;)

If anyone thinks I should remove that then just tell me. I'm only pasting it here since he seems willing to let people have it anyway, just no one can seem to get hold of him at the moment. To be honest I don't even know if the links still work

Archived