james90

But but but...there's loads of chrome hardware on it anyway!

I admit, I prefer black or alloy XY surround, but I think mirror back plates look good.

So are you saying I should change the bridge pickup ring to chrome so it's like the santa?

Not really a fan of mirror and red glitter. looks too harsh.

I already have alloy back plates on it, and the surround will be going on soon

Not really a fan of mirror and red glitter. looks too harsh.

It's just you and me James on this :LOL:

The small amounts of chrome say in the knobs is fine, its when theres a large area on plain mirror say the xy and backplates. The rest has dynamic shapes that make the mirror/chrome interesting. It's why a black guitar is the easiest to customise, anything really goes with it.

It's been hollowed out for more 'dramatic' pops. It gives you more space. Also, apparently, the resonance in the hollowed out part improves the way the sound is picked up. I can't judge that.

It plays very easily and I don't know why I ever got rid of my other 5 string.

It's been hollowed out for more 'dramatic' pops. It gives you more space. Also, apparently, the resonance in the hollowed out part improves the way the sound is picked up. I can't judge that.

It plays very easily and I don't know why I ever got rid of my other 5 string.

interesting - it seems like the 6 string electrics have those too. Curious how it affects those.

I'll be honest and say the first thing I noticed was the bridge design rather than the curves :facepalm: Are those pretty much individual bridge plates and saddles attached to the body? (rather than one big bridge plate)

And the lack of a white background doesn't matter when there's a wooden floor in the picture.

Only really posting these for crazybobbles (although Olly might like the second one), but I tried messing with the curves on these

IMG_1684.jpg

bb1200jh.jpg

This is what the site says

The new Primal Pro 4-string active bass uses precision-engineered ceramic bridge saddles. This ultra-hard material (as used in the braking systems of racing cars) enhances the transmission of string vibration through the body of the instrument, increasing clarity, dynamics and sustain.

Sonic performance is enhanced yet further by the use of individual custom bridge pieces which are set deep into the body of the instrument, and dual carbon fiber rods which run the length of the neck to eliminate dead spots.

This is what the site says

That's interesting. I'm not familiar with ceramic saddles at all, but I wonder how the individual bridge pieces affect the sustain. The wangcaster MK II has a bridge design which clamps the saddles together into a "sustain block" or something ridiculous like that

No idea about your bass, but mine seems like a bit of a gimmick to be honest, and is a joke when it comes to setting intonation...I gave up after an hour of trying to get it correct... and it's still horribly off

I've got the carbon rods in one of my guitars, but it's more to stabilize the neck joint than anything else.

my gear:

-fender mexican standart strat in white with a mini humbucker :D awesome guitar!

-epiphone les paul standart sunburst

-marshall 30fx

-soon jet city 20hh, orange ppc112 black

-pedals:

-big muff, dd-7, tu-3 electro harmonix nano switchblade (soon to switch between the marshall and the jet city amp)

-soon hopefully: whammy 5, fuzz factory :)

don´t have pictures :LOL:

Edited by MyChemGD1234

That's interesting. I'm not familiar with ceramic saddles at all, but I wonder how the individual bridge pieces affect the sustain. The wangcaster MK II has a bridge design which clamps the saddles together into a "sustain block" or something ridiculous like that

No idea about your bass, but mine seems like a bit of a gimmick to be honest, and is a joke when it comes to setting intonation...I gave up after an hour of trying to get it correct... and it's still horribly off

I've got the carbon rods in one of my guitars, but it's more to stabilize the neck joint than anything else.

The sustain on it is really crazy, also the low B is really tight. Can do some nice fast grooves. Also nice to have the option to play a fretted E, or low D. I have to get the pre-amp checked out as I think the bass kicks in too abruptly... may need to get the pot replaced.

I don't think the idea is so much about increasing sustain, more about coupling the strings with the body better for resonances to be pronounced, adding more harmonics to the sound and other sciencey stuff. One benefit of this will be increased sustain.

interesting - it seems like the 6 string electrics have those too. Curious how it affects those.

I'll be honest and say the first thing I noticed was the bridge design rather than the curves :facepalm: Are those pretty much individual bridge plates and saddles attached to the body? (rather than one big bridge plate)

And the lack of a white background doesn't matter when there's a wooden floor in the picture.

Only really posting these for crazybobbles (although Olly might like the second one), but I tried messing with the curves on these

IMG_1684.jpg

bb1200jh.jpg

Yay, second one is spot on, white blends with white on my page