james90

No Dave, thank you - now is my amp done? Where do I send the money?

No problem. Yeah, its done and its sounds great with the new crystal lettuce diodes! Perfect for playing All I Need by GSK (GSK 4 LIFE YO!).

And yeah you can send it to my sxc bitch in Gangster's Paradise (Dat Haas!)

I'm really tired.

The SL68 is a hand wired version of his modded Marshall, which is why he doesn't mod Marshall's anymore. I'd go for one of Dave's versions first, otherwise my rig would look like an ad for Suhr.

Dave, you're the man.

JT

It is? I thought it was his take on the 1968 super lead. Did he do any particularly high gain mods? I would assume he did a few different ones.

But yeah, I doubt I'll get anything else in the way of modded Marshalls unless I want something really different. Dave's mods are basically the sound you hear in your head

...Which makes no sense as I only hear voices, but you know what I mean.

I have high expectations for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6mPJsaNSvs

It is? I thought it was his take on the 1968 super lead. Did he do any particularly high gain mods? I would assume he did a few different ones.

But yeah, I doubt I'll get anything else in the way of modded Marshalls unless I want something really different. Dave's mods are basically the sound you hear in your head

...Which makes no sense as I only hear voices, but you know what I mean.

I have high expectations for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6mPJsaNSvs

You're correct the sl68 is a super lead clone. He makes a few handwired and a few PC single channel models that do a little of everything that he's modded stuff for over the years. The SE-100 is the highest gain of the single channel handwired amps. He does a single channel version of the gain channel from the PT-100 that is pretty awesome too.

JT

$6 + 3 hours = Whamola

Nice, can you play falling down on it?

You're correct the sl68 is a super lead clone. He makes a few handwired and a few PC single channel models that do a little of everything that he's modded stuff for over the years. The SE-100 is the highest gain of the single channel handwired amps. He does a single channel version of the gain channel from the PT-100 that is pretty awesome too.

JT

That's cool. What do you think of the badger amps? I heard Pete Thorn's demos of them and they sounded pretty nice. I was considering the 18 watt for a while, but then the 20 watt Friedman came out.

Hoping that and the 100 watt I sent Dave will be ready soon. I'm almost tempted to ask him to add a clean channel to this one... he can either do a vox style clean channel with a single volume control, or a full fender blackface style clean channel with the EQ controls and everything.

Nice, can you play falling down on it?

Not really, falling down is best played with multiple strings. I can, however, play this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcQDrfhyNvA

Seeing that makes me regret trading my EUB.

Looks pretty funky though. Clips?

I might put up a clip or two this week, but I'll be building better whamola once I can use a friend's saw and mill within the next few weeks so I might just wait until that one's done.

Chedda,

Is that an old Mackie 8 buss? I've got the 24 channel version, I've used it for everything from rock concerts to live TV shows and even a Denver Bronco's radio broadacast. It's awesome and the routing is second to none, probably the best board of it's style ever made.

JT

Chedda,

Is that an old Mackie 8 buss? I've got the 24 channel version, I've used it for everything from rock concerts to live TV shows and even a Denver Bronco's radio broadacast. It's awesome and the routing is second to none, probably the best board of it's style ever made.

JT

It is indeed! It's very nice. I'm recording straight into my PC but using it for headphone mixes. I would love the 24 channel version. I actually wanted to use my A&H 24 channel desk but there's something up with the PSU so it hums like a ho on my balls.

Hey Chedda, wouldn't it make more sense to have your set up facing the window?

Yeh that would be the conventional approach but it doesn't really fit that way with enough space behind for people to chill

Yeh that would be the conventional approach but it doesn't really fit that way with enough space behind for people to chill

Perhaps it might be an idea to put up a camera linked to a little screen so you can see anything going on?