Watch Muse at Reading on BBC Three

KirkBot

Do you guys actually think this makes sense?

Muse come out, announce they're doing special gigs to commemorate Origin of Symmetry because it's an album they feel is very important to their careers and to the fans.

They spend loads of money on the production – video production, stage pieces, pyro, heck Matt looks like he even bought a new t-shirt and a Delorean DL-1.

They tweet pictures of Dom and Morgan rehearsing for this event and build up hype.

You really think they're not going to release pro footage of this?

Given how special this event is, they're probably going to release it with either an OoS Anniversary package, Resistance Tour DVD, XMas Present Digital Download or it's own DVD altogether with extra footage.

I'd rather wait and pay to see that than see a broadcast by a company that can't even properly spell "Knights of Cydonia".

Of course if they don't do any of this by the end of the year, feel free to break Matt's door down and start an Uprising.

Bad. I'm sorry.

This!

I'm not gonna lie, I found a new love for Darkshines at Reading, it was so massive live - Chris singing on Hyper Music, all brilliant moments we as 'the loyal fans', they keep talking about should all have chance to see.

If they really wanted to do an OoS celebration for the fans they should have done a secret or special fan gig, instead of doing it at R+L. There were so many cocks in that crowd :/

The album won't be released in a fairly long time, they haven't even started recording anything. OoS footage is probably more or less ready for a release. It can go more than a year until a new album is done. And comparing the gig from Hullabaloo to the Reading festival is a bit wrong. Muse's fanbase has increased by a shitload since that time and the possibility that people will buy Reading gig is fairly high. I know for sure I would while I haven't considered buying Hullabaloo since it was released way before I knew about Muse. And in addition to that, the gigs musically wise are a world apart from eachother.

I'm not comparing the two gigs musically, just that they would both cater for the same material.

If there was to be a release, it would have been announced prior to the shows to coincide with the hype surrounding it, rather than waiting until several months down the line when the interest has died down and then try and spark up interest again. The moment has passed and the focus now will be the new album.

DVDs aren't big sellers for bands and more for hardcore fans and a new one focussing on OOS could leave a lot of fans of The Resistance a bit miffed that there's no official live DVD for the material from that album and yet another for Origin. It's just a bad message to send out to all fans.

A two shows were enough, terrible decision not to broadcast it, releasing it as a DVD would be a second terrible decision. No fucking way am I paying £20 after paying for a Reading ticket and no fan should be made to.

A two shows were enough, terrible decision not to broadcast it, releasing it as a DVD would be a second terrible decision. No fucking way am I paying £20 after paying for a Reading ticket and no fan should be made to.

You're right but I must admit I would've payed for it ^^ It was a terrible decision not to broadcast it and there's still a chance that it will be broadcast if the band decides to look through the footage.

Release it on Blu-Ray and I will gladly pay $100. Actually, just take my freaking wallet.

I WANT THE PRO SHOTS.

I did pay $100 for the bloody limited version of Resistance anyway and I'd way rather have the footy of this gig than that black box sitting somewhere collecting dust.

I'm pretty sure it won't be a DVD release.

They always give us at least one rarity for the Christmas present and Reading/Leeds are the only gigs they really have to choose from so I'm guessing we'll get one or two songs, using the 360 degree cameras, as the Christmas present.

As for a DVD release, I'm expecting a stadium tour gig with a short documentary and that's about it...

Because it's Resistance tour, not OoS tour :-( I doubt there will be the entire footage of OoS anywhere now except two possibilities - BBC will bring out the whole set someday or there will be some kind of anniversary OoS release containing Live at Reading DVD...But well - it's just a wish...

I was thinking they might want to release the OoS section of the gig on line like they did with the Seattle gig, but I can see why they might not want to do that. The vibe of OoS is quite dark in comparison to The Resistance. I remember my son (who is a heavy metal fan incidentally not a pop fan) being put off by the vibe of Hullaballoo, after getting into them over BHaR. Though of course their current performances of the songs don't really have the same vibe. But then that is another reason.

EDIT: Actually I think my memory is being influenced by a poor youtube of Space Dementia. I've found a good beefy one now and it sounds amazing.

(Just noticed that video was taken at Leeds).

I couldn't concentrate on Space Dementia at the time (though it's one of my favourites on OoS) as I was struggling to leave the front crowd, and it is all so much to take in at the time, but looking at this has made me feel quite emotional. I would like some kind of official release of these songs as much as anyone, just to be able to keep the occasion for posterity.

Also tbh I prefer Matt's voice on the Hyper music chorus, but that's just a small thing.

I wonder if they filmed at Leeds too. Then they could choose which they felt were the best performances and mix them up, if they did indeed release an official version that is. It would still be very cool.

I was thinking they might want to release the OoS section of the gig on line like they did with the Seattle gig, but I can see why they might not want to do that. The vibe of OoS is quite dark in comparison to The Resistance. I remember my son (who is a heavy metal fan incidentally not a pop fan) being put off by the vibe of Hullaballoo, after getting into them over BHaR. Though of course their current performances of the songs don't really have the same vibe. But then that is another reason.

That would be a really pathetic reason imho. I doubt it.

In know there are a lot of people who aren't interested (I am sort of one of them), but below is part of the response to my recent (and unneccsary I know) complaint to the BBC that i felt I may as well share:

Thank you for contacting us.

We’re sorry to hear you were disappointed by our coverage of the live performance by Muse at the Reading Festival on BBC Three on Sunday 28 August.

We forwarded your concerns to Alison Howe, Executive Producer for BBC Music Entertainment, who asked us to send you the following response:

“When the band first conceived the idea of performing the album 'Origin of Symmetry' at the festival, it was purely for the audience at the festival and not for a wider audience on television. We were delighted to subsequently agree with them to broadcasting three songs from that part of the performance, but unfortunately the BBC couldn't air any more contractually.

In total we did broadcast around 75 minutes of the whole performance, which I am sure you will agree was an amazing show.

I appreciate it can be disappointing and frustrating when you don't get the whole of a show you were looking forward to but we have to respect the wishes of the band in these cases.”

Fair play to the BBC for their swift reply!!!

Im seriously not bothered by the whole thing now, but thought some of you would appreciate this feedback.[/Quote]

Not that I actually care that much anymore, but really, if it was that clear from the beginning, couldn't they have mentioned at least ONCE that it wasn't gonna be broadcasted?(They being Muse, the management, BBC, whoever)

Why would that be pathetic?

I don't like the idea of them holding back songs from being broadcast just because it has a vibe that might put off some newer fans. It's just pandering, when both types of performances have been equally true to them as a band. I'm not entirely sure that I'm making sense...

I don't like the idea of them holding back songs from being broadcast just because it has a vibe that might put off some newer fans. It's just pandering, when both types of performances have been equally true to them as a band. I'm not entirely sure that I'm making sense...

Yes you are making sense. I'm not sure "pathetic" is the right word, maybe overly commercial? But in line with the new message from the BBC, I still don't understand why Fern was giving a different reason. It seems like the second reason was more real. Perhaps the reasons were multiple and well considered but, in all honesty, I can't see why it would have hurt to have broadcast the whole thing.

I completely respect their decision not to broadcast it.

What makes them deserving of a beating is the fact that they didn't think to mention this at least once before we had all gotten worked up for months about it and then finally sat there in anticipation with popcorn and a big smile.

What makes them deserving of a beating is the fact that they didn't think to mention this at least once before we had all gotten worked up for months about it and then finally sat there in anticipation with popcorn and a big smile.

So very very true

Exactly, I'm sure Sippe sums up near to everything in one post.

This, definitely.

Strange that there's been no word from the band.

deserving? :unsure:

this i do know. if they are suprised by the reaction then they truly have their heads up their arses. the reason why muse fans are "the best in the world" is because we care...maybe too much, but they benefit from that a whole helluva lot.

cha-ching muse. i know you know what that noise sounds like.

Archived