Muse back in Studio already?

jackparker

Chris said that that was basically bullshit and he never said that, or something along those lines.

Plus a song's a song, I don't really care who its for. NSC, however much I don't like it, wasn't influenced by twilight, so neither should this song if its for twilight.

NSC was most definitely NOT inspired by "Twilight". Matt has said that he wrote in reflection of the break up of him and his long time girlfriend.

NSC was most definitely NOT inspired by "Twilight". Matt has said that he wrote in reflection of the break up of him and his long time girlfriend.

as you said, not inspired by Twilight, however the only reason it managed to get recorded and released was because of the opportunity to use it in the Twilight film

It was certainly crafted a little by it.

And yeah, Muse songs don't get leaked as demos ever. Security's too tight. A small fraction of KoC was leaked in April 2006 and I think that was the only ever case.

As much as I hate to say it, I almost hope they do a combination of a couple different shows. I usually like being able to watch a whole gig straight through, but I feel like a span of the whole tour is more pwoper here...

And let's face it, we're not getting all of Exogenesis live...

I've had a thought. Maybe Muse are going to release a live album similar to Awesome as Fuck, put out by Green Day earlier this year.

Disc 1 = CD with a collection of (rare/new) live tracks from assorted gigs on the world tour.

Disc 2 = DVD with a single gig on the disc along with rare tracks from other gigs as a bonus feature.

I'd be happy with that. We could have a CD of all the new and rarer songs that have been performed on The Resistance tour (to be released after Reading/Leeds of course) and that CD could be packaged with a DVD of one of the stadium gigs, along with the U2 cover from Glasto 2010, any rarities from the tour and Reading/Leeds. Then sell it for £15, brilliant.

So in other words, HAARP with some other gigs thrown in for good luck?

I'm craving Hysteria 2, bass synth heaven

I don't see it coming though,

In fact, I'm anticipating a deeper dive into commercial experimentation, ala crap. Matt is married now - to a big name at that - it seems he doesn't have that same driving explosive energy he showed in Showbiz/OoS or even Absolution. While technically they're evolving, it seems there's a less conspicuous but costly trade-off: it just feels progressively less expressive and natural. The melodies now, while genius for what they're worth, just don't feel as enjoyable to listen to as before. Too much focus on movies and popular culture. I'm hoping desperately to be proven wrong

Exactly! And you can see it in their live performance nowadays as well...

What like having a baby or relearning how to play and entire album or editing a DVD or something?

They're really not recording the new album yet. I doubt they even have a single solid song written.

Yeah you're probably right. They've always said 2011 was going to be like a gap year. They should be more organised and focused by October, then it's No.6 all the way. Just the small task of moving to London :LOL:.

Yeah you're probably right. They've always said 2011 was going to be like a gap year. They should be more organised and focused by October, then it's No.6 all the way. Just the small task of moving to London :LOL:.

Awh I like the sound of that. :) October sounds perfect for a time of anticipation. Maybe around that time we'll get a single! Wouldn't that be fantastic?

I am sure Niall is right. As far as we know, they are not even in the same country, certainly not all in London where they are going to record. And if you read the Vicky Cryer thread, Dom said they only have a few chords so far and haven't started.

I seem to remember they said they would start the new album after Reading.

I am sure Niall is right. As far as we know, they are not even in the same country, certainly not all in London where they are going to record. And if you read the Vicky Cryer thread, Dom said they only have a few chords so far and haven't started.

As far I remember, that interview was a good few months ago. They could have a lot done in that time.

Yeah pretty much this. We've still got some sort of live release to come before then anyway. Think it'll be this time next year before we have any idea what's going on with the new album.

Archived