Muse back in Studio already?

jackparker

I'm craving Hysteria 2, bass synth heaven

I don't see it coming though,

In fact, I'm anticipating a deeper dive into commercial experimentation, ala crap. Matt is married now - to a big name at that - it seems he doesn't have that same driving explosive energy he showed in Showbiz/OoS or even Absolution. While technically they're evolving, it seems there's a less conspicuous but costly trade-off: it just feels progressively less expressive and natural. The melodies now, while genius for what they're worth, just don't feel as enjoyable to listen to as before. Too much focus on movies and popular culture. I'm hoping desperately to be proven wrong

They made/recorded NSC fairly soon after resistance so I wouldn't count out new songs. I mean, who knows what they might have came up with during the Leeds rehearsals

Any for their to be a pwoper resistance DVD they would have had to play Exo part 2 live which, as far as I know, they didn't.

Yea, I agree. Any Resistance Tour DVD isn't complete unless they have Exogenesis in full...orchestra and everything

Where The Streets Have No Name was indeed much better than U2's version, but to put one of the biggest letdowns of the tour (their return to Glastonbury after 2004) on the DVD seems pretty odd.

Hopefully the rest of the DVD won't be shit.

I remember thinking they should do for the live DVD:

Full stadium show (Paris 2/Goffertpark)

Complimation (Uprising, New Born, piano Cave from the arena gigs, Bliss and Citizen from Wembley, Streets from Glasto)

Something like that would work, but if they're doing a full tour complimation we should await the results.

As for the Tweets, its gotta be the live DVD he's mixing - if it was actual proper Muse songs then they would have been done extremely quickly. And I swear Muse normally take their time when it comes to writing and recording (usually its something like a year between last gig of the tour and first gig of the next record's touring cycle)

Not only am I excited for this (hopefully) DVD, all this new album talk makes me unable to wait for next year. Too bad we'll only have a couple months to listen to LP6 before we all die! :LOL:

Nah, they're probably recording the album now, so they can complete a worldwide stadium tour before we all die. :)

Where The Streets Have No Name was indeed much better than U2's version, but to put one of the biggest letdowns of the tour (their return to Glastonbury after 2004) on the DVD seems pretty odd.

Hopefully the rest of the DVD won't be shit.

I watched over a few of their performances (Le Zenith 2002, Glasto 2004 & 2010, Seattle 2010 etc) on YouTube and Glasto 2010 I found actually to be really good, and would probably be just as good if not better than 04 which some different song choices

However to put an already fully televised gig on a DVD where you have to pay for it seems a bit odd, so I hope it is only WTSHNN

Not only am I excited for this (hopefully) DVD, all this new album talk makes me unable to wait for next year. Too bad we'll only have a couple months to listen to LP6 before we all die! :LOL:

Screw that!

If the world's going to end on Dec. 21, 2012, I'm blasting Absolution. "Apocalypse Please" will be great song to start listening to at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 20th.

Also, I hope that the Resistance Tour DVD/CD (whatever it is) isn't just a rehash of the MySpace stream from Seattle.

Are you kidding!! Chris would never allow that. You heard what he said on the NME interview ages ago about "selling our souls". If they do then :(, respect -10.

Chris said that that was basically bullshit and he never said that, or something along those lines.

Plus a song's a song, I don't really care who its for. NSC, however much I don't like it, wasn't influenced by twilight, so neither should this song if its for twilight.

would be pretty cool to have WTSHNN in the DVD! definitely one of 'the' moments of the tour last year.

though in that case, i'd also love to have BIB. one of the performances at the BDO, though, not the one in san siro. from san siro they could put 'starlight', it was incredible there.

regardless of the songs they choose, my main interest in the DVD is the behind the scenes stuff. about time we have a proper documentary! i hope they havent changed their minds and decided to just do a compilation of the best moments on stage during the tour and leave that to the background.

I've had a thought. Maybe Muse are going to release a live album similar to Awesome as Fuck, put out by Green Day earlier this year.

Disc 1 = CD with a collection of (rare/new) live tracks from assorted gigs on the world tour.

Disc 2 = DVD with a single gig on the disc along with rare tracks from other gigs as a bonus feature.

I'd be happy with that. We could have a CD of all the new and rarer songs that have been performed on The Resistance tour (to be released after Reading/Leeds of course) and that CD could be packaged with a DVD of one of the stadium gigs, along with the U2 cover from Glasto 2010, any rarities from the tour and Reading/Leeds. Then sell it for £15, brilliant.

Archived