A potentially brilliant album, only let down for me when Muse attempt to retread their own ground (Resistance, Unnatural Selection) or ground that they neednt touch (Guiding Light). Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, MK Ultra, I Belong to You and Exogenesis are exceptional and, to me, as good as anything they have done.

Couldn't have summed it up better really

The resistense is an awesome album. I don't understand why there would be so much hate for it. Uprising, the resistence, undisclosed desires, unnatural selection, MK ultra, I belong to you, and the exogenesis symphony are all really good.

Seems people get pissed when a band they like try out new things that stands in stark comparison to their previous work. I certainly dont want a new Origin of Symmetry, Resistance, Showbiz or any other album. Their constantly moving on in life, and I think the new album's lyrics will in great deal be centered around the birth of Matts child, certainly not directly, and then again there will be a couple of standard Muse songs, plus an eventual new threading into the electronic world.

Personally, I cant fucking wait

Seems people get pissed when a band they like try out new things that stands in stark comparison to their previous work. I certainly dont want a new Origin of Symmetry, Resistance, Showbiz or any other album. Their constantly moving on in life, and I think the new album's lyrics will in great deal be centered around the birth of Matts child, certainly not directly, and then again there will be a couple of standard Muse songs, plus an eventual new threading into the electronic world.

Personally, I cant fucking wait

1. the contrast isn't that great. Just the ratio of great songs to average songs seems to have gone down.

2. Why not? It's one of their best albums.

1. the contrast isn't that great. Just the ratio of great songs to average songs seems to have gone down.

2. Why not? It's one of their best albums.

1. I don't agree

2. Cause that's Muse in their 20's. I wanna hear Muse in their 30's, not like old hillbillys milking out as much angst, dementia and punk vibes as they possibly can. Origin of Symmetry has a place in eternity, it will forever stand as a banner in Muse and in cultures history, but come on man, if you dont like it, screw it, 'cause they sure are gonna do what they think is cool, and not what fans think WAS cool, which they already did 10 years ago.

I haven't listened to it in months but it has a lot of great songs on it. I adore UD, USOE and Exogenesis still makes me emotional when I listen to it. The album gets more hate than it deserves. Some of the songs particularly the 'rocky' ones seem to be lacking something imo but their lives versions make up for that. I also think some of the songs should have been used as b-sides and that it was silly to only write 11 tracks for the album.

1. I don't agree

2. Cause that's Muse in their 20's. I wanna hear Muse in their 30's, not like old hillbillys milking out as much angst, dementia and punk vibes as they possibly can. Origin of Symmetry has a place in eternity, it will forever stand as a banner in Muse and in cultures history, but come on man, if you dont like it, screw it, 'cause they sure are gonna do what they think is cool, and not what fans think WAS cool, which they already did 10 years ago.

Yeah, you have a point. Obviously the old early 20s angst isn't going to be there but the overall style of the album doesn't have to be lost forever does it? The heavier riffs, the experimenting? i don't expect another OoS but some influences from that album would be nice.

Yeah, you have a point. Obviously the old early 20s angst isn't going to be there but the overall style of the album doesn't have to be lost forever does it? The heavier riffs, the experimenting? i don't expect another OoS but some influences from that album would be nice.

I see your point too, but I think they have been doing that all the time, for example "Stockholm Syndrome" and "The small Print" on Absolution, "Assassin" on BH&R and abit in Unnatural Selection, and as we can now see, the heavier parts grow more and more faint, but again, its some years ago now. Despite this, I'm pretty sure they will dig out something heavy yet again, and I feel in some ways The Resistance kinda acted as a sort of culmination of a lot of their influences and earlier works, so the next album, as I see it, definitely wont be alot like this one!

I see your point too, but I think they have been doing that all the time, for example "Stockholm Syndrome" and "The small Print" on Absolution, "Assassin" on BH&R and abit in Unnatural Selection, and as we can now see, the heavier parts grow more and more faint, but again, its some years ago now. Despite this, I'm pretty sure they will dig out something heavy yet again, and I feel in some ways The Resistance kinda acted as a sort of culmination of a lot of their influences and earlier works, so the next album, as I see it, definitely wont be alot like this one!

I feel they're now at a crossroads, where they either go back to their rockier roots, having pissed around with lots of different styles for the hell of it, or they continue in that vein and produce more UD-style shit.

I am, of course, hoping for the former.

I feel they're now at a crossroads, where they either go back to their rockier roots, having pissed around with lots of different styles for the hell of it, or they continue in that vein and produce more UD-style shit.

I am, of course, hoping for the former.

Tbh, I expect them to go a bit more low key on this one, that perhaps means a bit less strings and orchestra, a little bit less "end of the world" themes, perhaps of a personal style, like on showbiz! Atleast lyrical wise! We can only guess for now, but we'll probably know more by the end of the year! Lets just enjoy this incredible band and cherish their great work! :)

Tbh, I expect them to go a bit more low key on this one, that perhaps means a bit less strings and orchestra, a little bit less "end of the world" themes, perhaps of a personal style, like on showbiz! Atleast lyrical wise! We can only guess for now, but we'll probably know more by the end of the year! Lets just enjoy this incredible band and cherish their great work! :)

Well they have said they'll be going a bit more stripped down (they've said a lot of things though ;)) so maybe that means less bombastic and OTT and more about the riffs. I hope so anyway. I'm sure I'll love at least some of it regardless. They are (and probably always will be) my favourite band so there's got to be something there to love.

Archived