I'm back home.

After having time to process what I saw, I think I can give my honest opinion.

Muse were, simply put, AMAZING. Yes, except for "Map Of The Problematique" and "Butterflies and Hurricanes", it was a fairly standard Resistance Tour set that got tossed in a blender to throw some chaos into the rigid order. However, they fucking killed it.

Matt had great energy. Definitely more energy than the last time I saw the band. The last time, it seemed like he was going through the motions, but he was on fire last night. Chris and Dom also seemed more "alive" (for lack of a better word) last night than the last time I saw them perform.

While I could go one about a certain song not being played *cough*"Citizen Erased"*cough* or say they they should have played this instead of that, after driving 6 hours, waiting in line another 5 and half, then waiting another 8 hours, getting my hearing damaged in the process (thanks Lauryn Hill), for them to go on, I can honestly say it was SO WORTH IT TO BE THERE.

If I had not gone, I would be regretting it and kicking myself for not going. Getting to hear "Butterflies and Hurricanes" was an experience. You all can ask Jessica about how I lost my shit. At first, I thought Matt was just teasing the riff like he tends to do before going into something else. So, needless to say, when the drums and bass came in and they started playing it, I was in shock. By the end of that song, I was near tears. Getting to hear that ONE song made it all worth it. :D:D:D:D

Now, to go read back through the thread and see what shenanigans I missed. ;)

Was great meeting you <3 Can't wait to hang out more at OSL!

Forgot to say, I got a barrier spot, but I think I was somehow moved down to the left along it during Rise Against's set.

I was going to move for RATM at first, but I fought to keep myself on the barrier all day and I wasn't going to give it up. Granted, my body is paying for it now, but last night it was worth it.

Was great meeting you <3 Can't wait to hang out more at OSL!

The feeling is mutual.

Sorry for not hanging out longer and chatting, but I wanted to get back to my space in the line for the line before someone sniped it.

Yeah before playing a song (I forget which), Matt talked for a bit about how great it was to play for Rage and that they've always been an inspiration for them. Not a word by word quote, but it's basically what he said. I did notice that they pulled out a lot of riffs for this gig, which was great because the crowd loved them all. Overall really great gig, they all seemed really into it! 'twas great seeing butterflies and hurricanes for the first time and Map of the Problematique again(my fav Muse song).

Yeah before playing a song (I forget which), Matt talked for a bit about how great it was to play for Rage and that they've always been an inspiration for them. Not a word by word quote, but it's basically what he said. I did notice that they pulled out a lot of riffs for this gig, which was great because the crowd loved them all. Overall really great gig, they all seemed really into it! 'twas great seeing butterflies and hurricanes for the first time and Map of the Problematique again(my fav Muse song).

I filmed that bit ill post it up tomorrow ;p

Forgot to say, I got a barrier spot, but I think I was somehow moved down to the left along it during Rise Against's set.

I was going to move for RATM at first, but I fought to keep myself on the barrier all day and I wasn't going to give it up. Granted, my body is paying for it now, but last night it was worth it.

The feeling is mutual.

Sorry for not hanging out longer and chatting, but I wanted to get back to my space in the line for the line before someone sniped it.

Proud of you :awesome::LOL: Hopefully we won't have to fight to keep our spots on Muse day of OSL!

:kiss: It's totally fine, I understand :happy: We'll have all day together in like 2 weeks!

I love all the people on here moaned and moaned about the setlist and the vast majority of the people who went enjoyed it. Some people on here just need to chill :LOL:

:chuckle: Regardless of the setlist, they still put on a fantastic show.

I really hope they turn that Glastonbury riff into a song.. sounds so gooooooood.

Was hoping for more My Own Summer riffage but the fact that he actually TRIED on the last "I Wish I Could" was just mind-boggling enough that I stopped caring for the short-lived riff after I heard it.

Looked like he had good energy throughout so hopefully he can keep it up for Reading/Leeds.

Chris' bass look badass with those blue LEDs and neon strings.. wow

My boyfriend arrived at 7:30pm, bearing alcohol and some "chocolate" that he bought, which was said to be very potent..(haha).. We started drinking and scarfed down the chocolate. Just then, a crowd started to gather a couple rows back. Turns out, Christopher Mintz, aka McLovin was sitting 2 rows back! haha.. It was great, but people were constantly asking for photos and 5 minutes later, he left. I felt sorta bad, but he never returned...

Chocolate? :eyebrows:

Kinda wish I left a little early too--took twice as long to get back home as it did to arrive at the venue. And I honestly couldn't wait for Rage to end at a point, only because I really, really had to take a shit. :LOL: (TMI, sorry)

finally got map processed. *le sigh*

more other HD bits to come :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv2EDBlZudo

Awesome quality! Thanks!

It's somewhat ironic that Rage plays nearly the exact same setlist at all their concerts, as if they're playing it safe. But they're the last band I would imagine playing it safe regarding setlists. Nevertheless, the crowd ate it up last night.

LA Times bashed Muse but praised Lauryn Hill :wtf:

"However much bombast Muse created in the slot prior, the British three-piece was the least dangerous act on the Coliseum pitch, a band so averse to groove that each time they found it, they impatiently waltzed away to further showcase their obviously impressive chops.

Though singer-guitarist-pianist Matthew Bellamy knows his way around a riff -- he quoted Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, the Animals and others during breaks between songs -- his band makes form-over-function rock, these architecturally grandiose musical structures that are as perfectly crafted as they are grooveless. Muse’s fan base no doubt disagrees; The thousands sang along to every lyrical cliché and gymnastic bridge, followed the band down every meandering path; when huge balloons were floated out into the crowd as the band meandered on, they bounced throughout the Coliseum until they exploded and dropped confetti."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/07/live-review-la-rising-with-rage-against-the-machine-muse-lauryn-hill-others.html

"However much bombast Muse created in the slot prior, the British three-piece was the least dangerous act on the Coliseum pitch, a band so averse to groove that each time they found it, they impatiently waltzed away to further showcase their obviously impressive chops.

Though singer-guitarist-pianist Matthew Bellamy knows his way around a riff -- he quoted Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, the Animals and others during breaks between songs -- his band makes form-over-function rock, these architecturally grandiose musical structures that are as perfectly crafted as they are grooveless. Muse’s fan base no doubt disagrees; The thousands sang along to every lyrical cliché and gymnastic bridge, followed the band down every meandering path; when huge balloons were floated out into the crowd as the band meandered on, they bounced throughout the Coliseum until they exploded and dropped confetti."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/07/live-review-la-rising-with-rage-against-the-machine-muse-lauryn-hill-others.html

Wow, fuck that.

PS - I REALLY didn't like Rise Against, at all.

OMG that article was fucking comical. Here is my list of worst acts I've ever seen in my entire life. 1) Cage the Elephant (Twice) 2) Lauren Hill (I think I've actually spent more time today learning how it is spelled than she did preparing for her set).

Their performance or their music itself?

I dislike both. Eurgh.

OMG that article was fucking comical. Here is my list of worst acts I've ever seen in my entire life. 1) Cage the Elephant (Twice) 2) Lauren Hill (I think I've actually spent more time today learning how it is spelled than she did preparing for her set).

See, I can understand disliking Cage's music, but being in the pit for their shows is an experience.

Chocolate? :eyebrows:

Kinda wish I left a little early too--took twice as long to get back home as it did to arrive at the venue. And I honestly couldn't wait for Rage to end at a point, only because I really, really had to take a shit. :LOL: (TMI, sorry)

yes.. "chocolate"..hehe.. the bf has a "medical need" for such chocolate.. My goodness, after we left, we stopped by Carnitas Michoacan, had a quesadilla each and shared nachos.. it was debauchery.. I could not stop eating! I remember passing out on the couch, found myself on the bed this morning and felt as if I were sinking into the mattress....it was a crazy high....:LOL: (and that was with 2 small pieces!!!)

Yeah, I foresaw the clusterfuck when I was trying to make my way to the bathroom during Muse's set.. people were just chilling on in the aisles and not moving. Even though our exit to the coliseum was about 30 ft from the tunnel, I knew it was going to take at least 30 minutes to get out of there....haha! Must've sucked having to hold that shit in (literally :LOL: )while exiting the stadium!

So is that a beer Chris has at the end there?

are you the one that was asking about this earlier? :erm:

it is probably non-alcoholic. why? you looking for him to be fucking up or something? the man has had non-alcoholic beer at award shows and it's been discussed before. focus on the awesome instead speculating.

Archived