:LOL: Sippe did you see his "Why was I a bad mod?" thread?

Ofc I did. That thread alone was proof enough to why he was a mad mod. SO MUCH BEEF

What?! Have you ever heard the word loyalty?:phu:

Says the person who gangs up with Carrie against me :phu:

Nah, I want my first kill to be Sippe anyway. :p

Just kidding, I would never abuse my position. :phu:

I would gladly be your first <3

I have no words for last night. And some of you may be saying that their setlist was shit and what not. But you know what, it was the best I've seen them perform honestly. Matt was very energetic and they all looked like they were having great fun. I was on barrier right in front of Chris and the crowd was pretty wild down there. My entire body is nothing but a massive bruise now and I might have fractured a bone. But all in all, it was worth it. :happy: Rage were pretty insane. I had to leave the barrier to get out, I couldn't take it physically since I hadn't slept for about 2 days. I went to the back and watched everything. I saw a few firepits go off and people were running and jumping around it while listening to Rage. On Friday we met Matt, Dom, Tom, and Dom A., and all of RAtM and got a wave from Chris.:happy: I was one of those 'stupid fangirls'. Thank you for all of your kind comments. :indiff: I'd honestly like to see you be there and hear this and not sing along. Yes, some parts were a bit fangirly, but honestly? You don't have to be rude. It was nice of Melina to even post something. You didn't even have to watch it. But whatever. Setlist was eh, but the performance of each song....was the best I've seen from them. The stage setup was amazing. It was just an unworldly experience. :)

Love for all of this, except the bruised body part. :chuckle: I want to hear more on skype!

I'm back home.

After having time to process what I saw, I think I can give my honest opinion.

Muse were, simply put, AMAZING. Yes, except for "Map Of The Problematique" and "Butterflies and Hurricanes", it was a fairly standard Resistance Tour set that got tossed in a blender to throw some chaos into the rigid order. However, they fucking killed it.

Matt had great energy. Definitely more energy than the last time I saw the band. The last time, it seemed like he was going through the motions, but he was on fire last night. Chris and Dom also seemed more "alive" (for lack of a better word) last night than the last time I saw them perform.

While I could go one about a certain song not being played *cough*"Citizen Erased"*cough* or say they they should have played this instead of that, after driving 6 hours, waiting in line another 5 and half, then waiting another 8 hours, getting my hearing damaged in the process (thanks Lauryn Hill), for them to go on, I can honestly say it was SO WORTH IT TO BE THERE.

If I had not gone, I would be regretting it and kicking myself for not going. Getting to hear "Butterflies and Hurricanes" was an experience. You all can ask Jessica about how I lost my shit. At first, I thought Matt was just teasing the riff like he tends to do before going into something else. So, needless to say, when the drums and bass came in and they started playing it, I was in shock. By the end of that song, I was near tears. Getting to hear that ONE song made it all worth it. :D:D:D:D

Now, to go read back through the thread and see what shenanigans I missed. ;)

Back in Arizona after a delayed flight, woot! LA RISING WAS AMAZING. I would have loved CE/Bliss/MKU/Assassin, but I got B&H and the energy was great for the whole show. I got to jump, fistpump, and headbang in a mass of jumping, headbanging people, even if I couldn't see much of the stage. :chuckle: The visuals and multicolored lasers were beautiful, a nice contrast to the simple banners everyone else had. I enjoyed the show so much that I didn't even notice we only got 14 songs, tbh. Glad I went!

2. rise against was super aggro. I think the energy was highest here. I was in the mix but didnt wanna be.

THIS. I was 10 rows back in the first GA section, then I got caught in 3 different Rise Against mosh pits and forced back 20 rows or so, which is why I could barely see Muse. :mad: I saw the fire, way behind me, but I had no idea what was going on until I read this thread!

Did Matt say anything about Rage during their set e.g. "it's an honour to play before Rage etc."?

I think at one point Dom said that Rage have been their heroes since they were kids. :happy:

You Americans won't get any rarities because you don't know the older songs ;)

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hello All,

I just wanted to post my review.. :)

I got to the gig around 2pm and did some walking around, enjoying the sights and the sounds before the 1st band came out. My boyfriend was to meet me around 7ish as he was at a coworker's wedding! haha... I told him that I'd rather be at the concert and soak in everything then at some wedding.. Plus I paid for both tickets, so I was going to get my $200 worth at this concert! Everyone seemed in good spirits and excited about the concert . It was great seeing all the Muse support from everyone, donning their Muse gear.. I stopped by the re education camp, gathered information there and then headed back to my seat.

3pm rolls around and I stay glued to my seat. El gran silencio was great and played with a lot of energy. I felt kind of bad when they turned the mic to the audience and no one knew what to sing :$ But I think they did pretty well as the 1st band on the line-up.

Immortal Technique was very inspiring.. at times evoking some nervous laughter from the crowd, however very fitting for the overall festival message.

Midway through, I got kicked out of my seat.. Turns out I was sitting in section 6, instead of 5.. which by the way was veeerrry confusing. Some of the ushers were confused and were directing people to the wrong section. The sections are divided in half, so half of the section is 5 and the other is 6... I don't know how much sense that makes.. A couple almost got into it when they were forced out of their seats b/c of this....

Next up was Lauryn Hill whose set started about 15 minutes late.. I really wanted to like her.... but she changed up her songs a little too much! Because of this, I didn't know what she was singing until I really listened to the words. I felt so bad for her b/c there were so many sound issues with her set.. including the mic not working properly, feedback, the bass being too loud, etc... But, in the end, I found her set to be energetic, uplifting and a great job on her part, especially after just having a baby 1 week prior!:eek:

I was excited to see Rise Against. They came out to start their set like a raging bull! It was awesome seeing the guitarist doing flying kicks!. I totally have respect for them and all the energy and excitement they brought. I can't say that I'd want to see them live again, since a lot of their songs sound similar. I give them total props for being able to pull off a pretty good live performance. The crowd seemed to love them, so I think they did a good job there.

My boyfriend arrived at 7:30pm, bearing alcohol and some "chocolate" that he bought, which was said to be very potent..(haha).. We started drinking and scarfed down the chocolate. Just then, a crowd started to gather a couple rows back. Turns out, Christopher Mintz, aka McLovin was sitting 2 rows back! haha.. It was great, but people were constantly asking for photos and 5 minutes later, he left. I felt sorta bad, but he never returned...

At this point, I started to feel the general excitement and energy rising.. it's that feeling I get when Muse is set to perform.. maybe it was just me, or the chocolate :p, but I felt something a'brewing within the crowd.....

I for one LOVED Muse's set. It was packed full of excitement, despite it's predictability. Yes, Assassin would've been great, given the line-up, but I didn't really expect it. I didn't even know about their "promise" of Microcuts. I purposely take a leave from the messageboards a few weeks before the show so I don't get myself too hyped thinking they're going to play this or that.... So I went into the concert just being happy that I get to see them perform again. They killed it! To me, everything was spot on, the camera angles were great, Matt seemed back and ready as ever to perform. The crowd seemed drawn to their performance. My boyfriend and I were jumping and fist pumping to the max!:LOL: People around us were kinda standing, but I'm sure I would've seen some face melt-age if I cared to take a second to really look around :LOL:...no one was disrespectful around us and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I almost died when I heard B&H... i loved their riffs and Matt's usual rocker-esqe poses. I think they pulled off a great performance and drew in quite a bit of new fans.

Sadly, my bladder was about to burst, so I ran out during KoC and returned just as they were leaving :( ..but i figured I'd rather watch the performance on youtube then risk an accident in my pants. :LOL:

Midway through, we saw the pit bonfire and people rushing into section 1 of the GA. It was a pretty crazy atmosphere. That bonfire was going on for a while before someone finally put it out! Security must've expected this!

Finally RATM came on. I'm not a huge fan, so my bf and I committed to leaving about 11:30 to avoid traffic and crowds coming out of the stadium. I have seen them live, including when Muse opened for them a few years ago in Vegoose and I quite enjoyed their set. They sounded great and spot on. It was like I was hearing them on the radio! I was sort of on the fence about leaving early, but having gone to many a concert, I can't stand the herd of people inching out after a concert and then a packed parking lot.. so we headed out exactly at 11:30.

Overall, my experience was EXCELLENT! I didn't spend a dime at the venue! I snuck in a few bottles of water/gatorate, some alcohol and snacks.. and even managed to find parking on the street a few blocks down, so to avoid the ridiculous $25-$40 parking :eek:

There were a few incidents of fighting, people getting arrested, etc.. but I have to say, in my opinion, everyone just seemed so happy to be there. Maybe I missed a whole lot just kinda sitting where I was? haha...I even heard that due to issues, Muse and RATM might've been canceled? Hmm.. I wonder what issues? In that case, I would've foreseen a lot of violence.

I give props to you guys in the pit. WOW!!! All that standing and waiting. I guess I'm getting old, but I was so happy just sitting in the stands. Midway through, about 5ish, I looked in the pit and did NOT wish I was there! I remember almost getting smashed in the pit at Vegoose and at regular Muse gigs. After September, I vowed never to do that again...Plus, my bladder has weakend w/ age :LOL: I have been to many Muse gigs and I have to say despite the set, this was one of the best one's I've been to. I know it was a combination of many things, such as where I was sitting, the people around me, my high..:LOL: .. but everything just sort of came together.

Sorry for the long post, guys.. I just wanted to get this down somewhere as now I'm feeling the post-gig "depression"....

Archived