Tbh I enjoyed the first song Lauren Hill played but it was all down hill after that. Unnecessarily loud. Kinda felt bad for her.

What made me upset is that it took me a while to figure out that the first song was "Killing Me Softly", which is the only song she sings that I actually have a soft spot for. By the time I figured it out, it was damn near over.

So, the only song I really care about that she performs was butchered to hell and back and I wasn't able to enjoy the pleasure of hearing it live because she had the volume so fucking loud you couldn't hear 99% of the words.

there is a reason was this guy was alone.

funny thing is basically the bold also happen to me (well they were sitting next to me not behind me and only one of the two was into me).

Then again I was a tad bit drunk so maybe my interpretation of the situation could be wrong. Or another possibility is she was just trying to get some of the ETOH I sneaked in (and I was going to give her some but by the time I processed that she was serious when she asked for some I already finished it).

With regards to getting the ETOH in I just put it in the groin region. Surprisingly the pat down was a lot more complete than most of the concerts I have gone to. Hell most of the time the only inner part of you thigh they pat down is the lower portion (ie not even coming close to the groin area). This time they came really close to that area.

With regards to Muse I am not really a huge fan of their stuff (I like it but they are not one of my all time favorites) but their part of the show was great. Not that any of you care but unless they headline Coachella again I will most likely never see them again (ie I do not like them enough to pay the ticket price for a one of their headline/sole shows).So if this is the one look I get of them they 100% left a very good impression.

And finally the setlist. To me it was clear they would play hit and not many deep tracks. Why? Well this is a festival and Rage is the headliner not Muse. So although a good % of the crowd did have Muse as the #1 reason to go the majority Rage has their #1 reason. Deep tracks are most appreciated by hardcore fans not the casual fan or in some cases yesterday the non fan. IIRC Muse only played one really "soft" song so they did a pretty good job for fitting in with the Rage vibe (well as good as they could with the catalog they have). Just by listening to all their albums 4-5 times through before the concert there were 100% some "soft" songs in there.

Funny story: There were these girls that were totally into the guy in front of them, even trying to strike up a convo when they asked him to take a pic. The guy appeared to have gone to the gig by himself. Anyway, after failing to chat this guy up, it looked like the girls just sorta gave up. After one of Rise Against's songs, the girls got up to go to the bathroom, to which this guy jumped up, grabbed the girl's arm and said, "Where are you going?" I just saw her face light up all big...She says, "To the bathroom..." batting her eyes and smiling..and he was like, "When you come back, can you bring me a hot dog?" hahaha!!!:LOL: I couldn't stop laughing.. Of course I felt bad for the girl, but it was too hilarious not to post!

Moaners, please consider how gig-goers feel when they get home and visit this thread. I know from experience it's not fun to read that crap, esp. when the posters weren't even at the gig. If the people that attended want to complain, then fair play. :)

^THIS!

So much this!

Can we make that a board rule or something, please?

For the record, was I disappointed about the lack of "Citizen Erased" and "Micro Cuts". Yes. Which Muse fan in their right mind wouldn't be? That said, getting "Map Of The Problematique" (second time seeing it) and "Butterflies and Hurricanes" (first time seeing it) damn well made up for their omission. While some of you were bitching, Muse was busy putting on a damn good show that a lot of people, myself included, were fucking enjoying and having a good time at.

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

Omg I'm totally on a Rage kick right now. SO GOOD.

A BULLET IN YOUR HEAD

I feel like shouting their songs, but the only acceptable place to do that was at their gig last night :(

I've seen Rage twice and shouted and screamed myself hoarse.

The two best bits of any Rage gig are at the end of Bullet In The Head when everyone screams 'YOU'VE GOT A BULLET IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD!' and the outro to Killing In The Name when x amount of gig-goers scream 'MOTHERFUUUUCCCKKKKEEERRRRRRR!'.

:D.

So good.

The two best bits of any Rage gig are at the end of Bullet In The Head when everyone screams 'YOU'VE GOT A BULLET IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD!' and the outro to Killing In The Name when x amount of gig-goers scream 'MOTHERFUUUUCCCKKKKEEERRRRRRR!'.

So good.

Ahhhhhh yeah those were amazing moments at LA Rising as well! Hahahahaha I screamed MOTHERFUCKERRRR so loud, it was so much fun. Dammit, I want to see them again :(

I had a great time tonight! A few technical errors, but it kept the show lively. B&H was fantastic. I didn't expect any OoS songs, figured they'll save them for R/L. But I had hoped for Assassin or Take a Bow. So I felt a *little* disappointed when it didn't happen, but not enough to make me forget I had a great time :D.

Anyways, loved the enery from Muse. Liked the visuals, hexagons and the new purple lasers for Undisclosed. Also loved Immortal Technique's set. It made me cry. Such an amazing storyteller. Rise Against was great. They really know how to connect with the audience. Lost my rail spot for Rage because I had to run to the restroom. Could no longer hold it :p . But it's better than being dehydrated! I was surpised the staff gave out so much water. We got a bottle after each act. I thought we'd have to suffer in the afternoon heat. Rage was ok. Repetitive set, but still fun. They need to release some new fucking material already! :rolleyes:

Oh, and it was way better than Sacramento, so that's all that matters. With the clusterfuck that happened earlier today, it brought backflashbacks of that horrible show. LA Rising surpassed it. Performance wise, I'd rank it better than Voodoo as well.

So that's what happened to you. :chuckle: I thought you got pulled off the rail.

It was cool being barrier buddies. See you at OSL.

And yes, Muse were miles better at this show than at Sac. Seriously, to everyone here who wants to complain about the Resistance Tour sets, just look to Sacramento for the Holy Grail of shit.

I will say though, while I complain about the performance at Sacramento, the crowd was pretty much dead there. At Oakland and at L.A. Rising, the crowd was into it, which fed the band, which in turn made the show epic. Even though it was pretty much the same songs, they felt so much different.

Finally just got back home. I have bruises everywhere and possibly a black eye developing. My back is as red as a tomato and I dislocated my knee. I queued up at 10pm and kept at barrier until after Muse. I really enjoyed Muse's set. It was amazing. Not as amazing as hearing CE and Microcuts during the sound check though... yup, I was one of the "stupid/rabid fangirls" who needed to shut up. :rolleyes: But hearing MotP and Butterflies and Hurricanes live was good enough for me. The energy was phenomenal. After Muse's set I got out of the barrier and stretched my legs a bit and came back inside. We were all in the back of GA during Rage. Omfg... people were climbing on stuff, swinging off sound chords, Lighting shit on fire, cops were everywhere and when I tried to leave rows and rows started to charge for the stage. I tripped over a beer cup and got trampled. I saw someone get carried out on a stretcher... He/she looked dead. :stunned:

Anyways, even though I almost died during Rage, they were amazing!

The day before I got to meet Matt, Dom, Dom A, Kirk, Tom, Zac and Brad! It was so awesome. Made Morello laugh so hard. :happy:

I am really glad I flew out to this show. It was worth the pain and irritation. Immortal Technique were so annoying! Ugh. And Lauren Hill made my ears bleed.

Also, seriously, brawny underneath chubtastic on the top men should not crowd surf! When I find you bearded big man I am going to give you a black eye! And the guy that started the stage charge, I blame you for my dislocated knee. Lol.

Finally just got back home. I have bruises everywhere and possibly a black eye developing. My back is as red as a tomato and I dislocated my knee. I queued up at 10pm and kept at barrier until after Muse. I really enjoyed Muse's set. It was amazing. Not as amazing as hearing CE and Microcuts during the sound check though... I saw someone get carried out on a stretcher... He/she looked dead. :stunned:

Anyways, even though I almost died during Rage, they were amazing!

The day before I got to meet Matt, Dom, Dom A, Kirk, Tom, Zac and Brad! It was so awesome. Made Morello laugh so hard. :happy:

Sounds like you had a great time. I tried to take some crowd shots from the photo pit. Are you in any of them? Oh, wait, no crowd pit shots in my Muse review and I've yet to post the Rage/everyone else. Stay tuned.

Glad you survived! I sprained my right ankle and fell in the dark. Went to first aid for some ice as I had to walk a mile back to my car.

This must have been one of the head injuries they were responding to.

So good.

aaaaaaaaaw yeaaaaaaaah

At the risk of having my fandom questioned, my review torn to shreds, and my photos lambasted, I humbly submit my review to the masses:

Muse at LA Rising offered up a great set

http://exm.nr/MUSERising

Please do me the favor of not reposting more than a quote or paragraph. Photos are worth a look. Thanks.

And yes, after getting kicked out of the pit, I was thrilled I had a seat, though I pretended my seat was MUCH CLOSER than it really was.

I love this band!!

Archived