At the risk of having my fandom questioned, my review torn to shreds, and my photos lambasted, I humbly submit my review to the masses:

Muse at LA Rising offered up a great set

http://exm.nr/MUSERising

Please do me the favor of not reposting more than a quote or paragraph. Photos are worth a look. Thanks.

And yes, after getting kicked out of the pit, I was thrilled I had a seat, though I pretended my seat was MUCH CLOSER than it really was.

I love this band!!

Nice review, though I think your writing style and sentence structure could use some work :unsure:

Nice review, though I think your writing style and sentence structure could use some work :unsure:

Sometimes I wax more rapsodic, but lately I've been feeling the pressure to just crank shit out especially now that I'm also taking photos. So, I'm inclined to agree.

I'm jealous of the old days when newpaper editors would look at stuff before it went into print and people got a few more days to write. What's an editor?

I spent a bit more time on this article - http://exm.nr/MuseUniverse

I am terribly upset that I won't be seeing Muse again this year! Saw them 6 times in 2010. Really should be going to OSL but don't have the vacation or want to spend the cash to drive 10 hours to SF. I'll have to be content that I'll never see MC, CE or DS in my life. ;'(

I think when Matt backs away from the mic, it's literally just that his mics are better at recognising sound from further than most.

I think it's because he's got an amazing voice and if he didn't, the sound would distort. IMHO...

I almost read it that they recognize the sound of his voice like children and pets and that was funny because I haven't really slept.

Just watched all the footage I took and What a shame I actually recorded all f micro cuts aswell cept on mine you actually hear bellamy the whole time and rarely us

So that video will only be seen by a few people. Isn't that special.

Awesome, pity I won't be able to see it :(

Did his voice sound good and all? c:

btw I liked melons video, it made me think of how the hell I would've reacted^^' damn people would complain over my video xD

I think it's because he's got an amazing voice and if he didn't, the sound would distort. IMHO...

I almost read it that they recognize the sound of his voice like children and pets and that was funny because I haven't really slept.

his mic is a neumann KMS 105 which is made for taking up the voice-sound that is closest (even though it's far away and make it louder if it comes far away, andtakes away other noises. expensive as hell

his mic is a neumann KMS 105 which is made for taking up the voice-sound that is closest (even though it's far away and make it louder if it comes far away, andtakes away other noises. expensive as hell

I think he does it just to be a badass. Nothing better than a KoC or MKU yell right before the riff explosion. I swear there is no better point in a show then that moment.

And much needed when your volume control is as bad as Matt's :awesome:

Lol Spin fail. http://www.spin.com/gallery/rage-against-machine-lauryn-hill-rise-against-headline-la-rising?page=2#main

"...not to mention the songs themselves -- the whirling shredder "Hysteria," the Queenly "Victorious," and the empowered fuck-the-man anthem "Uprising."

:wtf:. I've seen Uprising called Victorious before, but if they specifically mention Uprising, then what could Victorious be?

Oh yeah! Totally forgot to mention the epic wave that happened, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVEB0L8rf4I

60,000 people participated hahaha. It went around the Coliseum and through the pit!

I lol'd so hard when the pit was bridging the gap from the right to the left sides. I had never quite seen that type of wave. People were going ape shit!

Side note RS article. Not bad. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rage-against-the-machine-keep-fighting-at-l-a-rising-festival-20110801

Thanks for the videos, great sound and video quality :happy: I'd say that was one of the best performaces of B&H I've seen as well.

Also, anyone see a certain someone throwing Breakfast Burritos at RATM? Something tells me that didn't happen.

oh you're very welcome. this was my first muse gig where i shot video. once i started i couldn't seem to stop :$

tiro is loading and i have some riff bits and bobs as well. then i'll start on loading the ratm stuff which was harder to do haha...arms tired and crowd mental :happy:

oh you're very welcome. this was my first muse gig where i shot video. once i started i couldn't seem to stop :$

tiro is loading and i have some riff bits and bobs as well. then i'll start on loading the ratm stuff which was harder to do haha...arms tired and crowd mental :happy:

Great vids. What camera did you use? Shooting is hard. I have friends who shoot entire shows and I have no clue how they do it. My arms were sore Sunday because this was the most I'd ever shot between Rage and Muse I got 14 songs.

Great vids. What camera did you use? Shooting is hard. I have friends who shoot entire shows and I have no clue how they do it. My arms were sore Sunday because this was the most I'd ever shot between Rage and Muse I got 14 songs.

panasonic lumix :)

i think it was dubbed the official muse fan camera back in 2009 :D

yeah...i haven't shot much video at any gigs before this even though i take loads of pictures usually. i have some videos from each band except lauryn hill (the bass was off the charts and i knew better than to bother) but by the time rage came on i was starting to feel sick (not eating since breakfast isn't a good thing kids.) and i was generally knackered. had to move over to the wall on the right to get out of the barrier crush.

the intro and beginning of testify came out really well though.

14 is impressive. i didn't count tbh. :)

Archived