Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

I guess it didn't work out quite viable for your charity event. :chuckle:

The event is this October -_- (I did it last year too, but I made it quite low key and acoustic only for some of it, went well)

It's actually going quite well for this year. We seem to be getting towards a deal with a guy called Steve for Editors, who are approx. 250,000 for booking. I've been doing all the booking myself, while the band I organize it with claim to have done a lot, but all it seems they do is just turn up and play.

This Steve is also the agent for Biffy Clyro. I haven't got round to asking him how much they are, but in comparison to Editors, Biffy are probably the same, maybe a bit less. Editors have already risen to venues like Amsterdam HMH after 3 albums, which is quite an ask for a band like Editors. White Lies are doing the same after 2 albums. Biffy haven't yet headlined at the HMH, only supported, so Biffy would be about 225,000.

well i'm sorry if i annoyed anyone

it's not all my 11 pages of posts

i was a bit too harsh to comment about where you live, sorry about that

the main thing is these prices are shocking for people who earn about 2000UAH

to be exact the cheapest tickets are 62$ (here 1$ = ~8UAH)

people thought they would get to fanzone1.surely most of them will buy 500UAH tickets.

i will leave this thread now because it doesn't make any sense anymore.

you can't help our problems obviously

of course here in Ukraine our main goal is to lower the price

for me it is to know how would Muse comment that

Fair enough, good luck with that.

tbh the only person in this whole mess who has managed to really annoy me is the one who keeps talking about "you don't know how it is".

"Oh Please!!!!! How old are you?

I know EVERYTHING about how music concerts organizing!"

And people call ME an asshole...

TBH I think MCR are bigger, but I may be wrong.

They are bigger I think. MCR are big enough for places like Ricoh Arena and places like that already, unlike Placebo.

Sorry if i bang on too much, i just seem to know a lot about band booking prices and all that.

The only thing is that would mean £100 a ticket at at 10,000 size venue, with no profits for anyone but Muse Incorporated, wouldn't it? Or am I being thick?

Hmm, not sure if I'm getting you here.

All the money goes straight to the booking company. The only money Muse gets is the booking price from the company and the sales from the merch.

The event is this October -_- (I did it last year too, but I made it quite low key and acoustic only for some of it, went well)

It's actually going quite well for this year. We seem to be getting towards a deal with a guy called Steve for Editors, who are approx. 250,000 for booking. I've been doing all the booking myself, while the band I organize it with claim to have done a lot, but all it seems they do is just turn up and play.

This Steve is also the agent for Biffy Clyro. I haven't got round to asking him how much they are, but in comparison to Editors, Biffy are probably the same, maybe a bit less. Editors have already risen to venues like Amsterdam HMH after 3 albums, which is quite an ask for a band like Editors. White Lies are doing the same after 2 albums. Biffy haven't yet headlined at the HMH, only supported, so Biffy would be about 225,000.

Blimey, that's a lot to take on at the age of 14.

They are bigger I think. MCR are big enough for places like Ricoh Arena and places like that already, unlike Placebo.

Sorry if i bang on too much, i just seem to know a lot about band booking prices and all that.

You're cute when you're not completely useless.

I'm not saying anything about the effects of the piracy. All I am saying is that it doesn't justify the crime. Do you understand? Saying "I can't afford this, so I'll just take it instead" is just...stupid.

It's not justification, it's just logical reasoning. Ok, nevermind.

But I also commited a "crime" four years ago when I downloaded BH&R for free, to see what Muse is. Now I have all their albums (legal) and going to pay another 150$ for their oncoming gig :)

That's amazing for someone of your age. Well done :)

Wait, you're 14 and you're spending a quarter of a million on booking bands like Editors and Biffy Clyro?

It's not justification, it's just logical reasoning. Ok, nevermind.

But I also commited a "crime" four years ago when I downloaded BH&R for free, to see what Muse is. Now I have all their albums (legal) and going to pay another 150$ for their oncoming gig :)

Don't get me wrong, I download all the time. But I don't try to justify my actions to myself or anyone else by saying "it's too expensive". I download music illegally because I can. That doesn't mean I don't buy cds though.

Impressive for a 14 year old :) Where do you get the money from to book them?

I'm working with the venue where it is being hosted. International School of the Hague, which has a 500 capacity Plaza venue which is where it is always going to be. I have already booked a band called The Bohemes and the band who are popular in the school called It's All The System's Fault

I'm also working with StageCo (who are famous for the U2 360 Stage, H.A.A.R.P Stage and the pyramid stage and pillars) for the stage for this year. It'll be a simple stage layout but someone from StageCo is supplying me stage parts at a cheap price :)

Blimey, that's a lot to take on at the age of 14.

I know. I somehow seem to juggle it with school, and it works out quite well. Teachers constantly seem to compliment me on this charity work i'm doing. It seems to go quite well. I think i'll be heading in that direction in the future, Entertainment Industry, Booking etc.

You're cute when you're not completely useless.

:LOL:

All the money goes straight to the booking company. The only money Muse gets is the booking price from the company and the sales from the merch.

10,000 tickets at £100 each = £1 million. Muse's flat rate, according to Jack. So there would be nothing left for anyone else.

Well, they'd have to charge £100 a ticket at a venue holding 10,000 just to pay Muse's booking fee of 1 million. :erm:

10,000 tickets at £100 each = £1 million. Muse's flat rate, according to Jack. So there would be nothing left for anyone else.

oooh, I forgot to think there :LOL:

This just further proves how hard it is for the booking companies. It's pretty common that they end up losing money after a booking.

I'm working with the venue where it is being hosted. International School of the Hague, which has a 500 capacity Plaza venue which is where it is always going to be. I have already booked a band called The Bohemes and the band who are popular in the school called It's All The System's Fault

I'm also working with StageCo (who are famous for the U2 360 Stage, H.A.A.R.P Stage and the pyramid stage and pillars) for the stage for this year. It'll be a simple stage layout but someone from StageCo is supplying me stage parts at a cheap price :)

I know. I somehow seem to juggle it with school, and it works out quite well. Teachers constantly seem to compliment me on this charity work i'm doing. It seems to go quite well. I think i'll be heading in that direction in the future, Entertainment Industry, Booking etc.

:LOL:

Don't get me wrong, if you really are doing all this it's pretty incredible, but if I was organising an event which by the looks of it is getting a lot of money put into it, I would no way leave it to a 14 year old to sort out the bookings and stage :LOL:

Don't get me wrong, if you really are doing all this it's pretty incredible, but if I was organising an event which by the looks of it is getting a lot of money put into it, I would no way leave it to a 14 year old to sort out the bookings and stage :LOL:

I am doing all this. I am having some help from a couple of teachers (deputy & head of careers).

You could leave it to me to organize something like this because i did this last year too and it went very well. Aiming to go a step further this year.

Archived