Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

Jack, I'm not trying to take the piss out of you, I'm not like that. And I'm not trying to catch you out. I'm just saying the numbers don't stack up and they don't. I can't imagine an arena tour where promoters take a massive loss per gig can make good business sense. There must be more to it.

Maybe Geoff Meal meant their fee for a gig such as yours would cost £1 million. Did he actually say that every gig Muse do, whatever the size of venue, will be a flat rate of £1 million or did you just infer that?

Yeah he said that booking muse in general was worth £1,000,000

Good luck, Ukrainian fans! I hope you guys are able to make a difference. And Olly, with all due respect, Matt would be ashamed to hear you speak like that. Ever heard this song called "Uprising"? :)

I don't think he'd care to be honest. :erm:

First you complain they never come and visit.

When they are coming to visit, you complain the prices are too high.

Ever listen to TSP?

They'll compensate your greed with a broken heart.

YOU WANT, WANT, WANT, and appear so greedy...and in turn they'll break your heart and bank balances. Some of you people need to take Bellz a bit more srsly.

And Olly, with all due respect, Matt would be ashamed to hear you speak like that. Ever heard this song called "Uprising"? :)

Thanking Max for showing me this post. It was certainly entertaining.

People are taking Matt's words far too seriously. But I guess talking about their angry mail wrote all in caps as an UPRISING makes it feel more important.

Ever listen to TSP?

YOU WANT, WANT, WANT, and appear so greedy...and in turn they'll break your heart and bank balances. Some of you people need to take Bellz a bit more srsly.

Don't forget that you can't possibly see or hear anything in the back of a fairly small arena!

Ever listen to TSP?

:LOL: I was not expecting this srsness.

Yep 1 million

i just trawled through my inbox to check

Whilst it may be what they say they charge for festivals, that is because it's not their own gig. It's an appearance fee for a festival. It's not something they'd go around charging private venues on their own tour, because of the way ticket revenues work. Basically when a band puts a tour on, it's doing so at its own risk and cost. It's actually the venue that charges THEM for lease of the venue, and this is paid for out of the ticket revenues. After venue costs and wages, as well as a few other outlays, the band gets the rest in payment. Pink Floyd toured The Wall, and it was so outrageously expensive they didn't make any money out of it. Except for Rick Wright, who had been booted out of the band and brought back in as a session musician...he earned a set wage on that tour and was the only member of Pink Floyd to make any money from the tour!

Whilst it may be what they say they charge for festivals, that is because it's not their own gig. It's an appearance fee for a festival. It's not something they'd go around charging private venues on their own tour, because of the way ticket revenues work. Basically when a band puts a tour on, it's doing so at its own risk and cost. It's actually the venue that charges THEM for lease of the venue, and this is paid for out of the ticket revenues. After venue costs and wages, as well as a few other outlays, the band gets the rest in payment. Pink Floyd toured The Wall, and it was so outrageously expensive they didn't make any money out of it. Except for Rick Wright, who had been booted out of the band and brought back in as a session musician...he earned a set wage on that tour and was the only member of Pink Floyd to make any money from the tour!

This makes a whole lot more sense than Jack's insistence that they get £1m for any kind of gig.

This makes a whole lot more sense than Jack's insistence that they get £1m for any kind of gig.

I suppose Zaphod could be right

Bands would probably have that as a set fee for a festival while they fund their own tour

1million is still a lot though

Archived