Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

it should be more like £30 i think

Yeah, £25-£30 is what I would pay on arena show, personally. It makes me glad that some bands like Arcade Fire, Elbow and Placebo can choose sensible pricing points for those kind of gigs. :D

Tickets prices are worked out by what they need to pay for everything and also what people are prepared to pay, which sadly is what has caused the massive raise in ticket costs in recent years.

I'd argue the latter is a much bigger influence...:noey:

Ticket prices for the most popular acts are sometimes driven by the effect of the secondary ticket market. There's not a whole lot a promoter can do to stop the trade of tickets on sites like ebay or seatwave, and the mindset is that any money paid for tickets should be for the promoters' pockets and not touts. So instead of trying to clamp down on touting, they push the prices up because they see what people are willing to pay touts and get prices closer to that level.

Unfortunately, as long as there are people who are willing to pay vastly and artificially inflated prices, they will stay vastly and artificially inflated. Even Scarlet Mist, with its own good intentions, is a target site for touts looking to pick up face value tickets to resell at higher prices. There's not a lot anyone can do, short of introducing an ID policy for tickets. But that's costly and time consuming, and promoters are happy to let prices stay high so they can keep raking it in.

Ticket prices for the most popular acts are sometimes driven by the effect of the secondary ticket market. There's not a whole lot a promoter can do to stop the trade of tickets on sites like ebay or seatwave, and the mindset is that any money paid for tickets should be for the promoters' pockets and not touts. So instead of trying to clamp down on touting, they push the prices up because they see what people are willing to pay touts and get prices closer to that level.

Unfortunately, as long as there are people who are willing to pay vastly and artificially inflated prices, they will stay vastly and artificially inflated. Even Scarlet Mist, with its own good intentions, is a target site for touts looking to pick up face value tickets to resell at higher prices. There's not a lot anyone can do, short of introducing an ID policy for tickets. But that's costly and time consuming, and promoters are happy to let prices stay high so they can keep raking it in.

Having spoken to one or two people from that part of the industry I think that the ID policy for all gig tickets isn't going to happen. There's not enough confidence in it really.

I'd argue the latter is a much bigger influence...:noey:

It's the biggest influence regardless of the product!

Not to forget how lazy the biggest bands in the world are these days. Head back to the 60's and look at tour schedules, it wasn't a surprise to see a band play three different towns/cities in one day, nowadays, you're lucky if a band plays that as an entire "tour" of a country.

It's the biggest influence regardless of the product!

Not to forget how lazy the biggest bands in the world are these days. Head back to the 60's and look at tour schedules, it wasn't a surprise to see a band play three different towns/cities in one day, nowadays, you're lucky if a band plays that as an entire "tour" of a country.

Oh aye. Not to start a 'back in the days' flashback but I imagine going to gigs was a much better experience in, say, the 60s, the 70s or even the 80s.

Yeah well those gigs were quite short come to think of it.

And I knew you were taking the p*ss out of my charity gig! I explained exactly what I mean all night last night over in Banter

Of course we're taking the piss out of you. How do you think you're going to manage all this? Pay deposits out of your allowance?

Wasn't it only a few months ago that people were complaining about the tickets prices in Europe, then America, and then Australia? :p

$109 for seating and $129 for standing (both in AUD) for the Aussie tour if I remember right (I had seated tix for the Acer gig), but considering we're a fucking island where Muse's stage setup had to be shipped over (which I imagine would have been a small fortune in itself) I can understand why the prices were fairly high here. But then again concerts are generally pricey here in Australia for that reason, but never the less good luck to the Ukrainian Musers <3

$109 for seating and $129 for standing (both in AUD) for the Aussie tour if I remember right (I had seated tix for the Acer gig), but considering we're a fucking island where Muse's stage setup had to be shipped over (which I imagine would have been a small fortune in itself) I can understand why the prices were fairly high here. But then again concerts are generally pricey here in Australia for that reason, but never the less good luck to the Ukrainian Musers <3

That's about the Wembley price, so considering the shipping costs, that's 'normal'.

That's about the Wembley price, so considering the shipping costs, that's 'normal'.

Yeah, the only thing I was annoyed about was that standing tix sold out so quickly, but I still had an amazing time, even though I had a tonne of personal shit weighing on me that day

I went to LCC and paid Australian $90 for a ticket. I then paid $129 (+$8 booking fee) for each of the 2 arena gigs in Brisbane.

But I guess its normal for Australian gigs.

I just don't get why UK people complain when they have to pay 45 pounds (about $80 Australian) for an Arena gig? That is soo cheap compared to what we have to pay over here. If I lived in the Uk, I would go to so many more gigs :LOL:

I went to LCC and paid Australian $90 for a ticket. I then paid $129 (+$8 booking fee) for each of the 2 arena gigs in Brisbane.

But I guess its normal for Australian gigs.

I just don't get why UK people complain when they have to pay 45 pounds (about $80 Australian) for an Arena gig? That is soo cheap compared to what we have to pay over here. If I lived in the Uk, I would go to so many more gigs :LOL:

Because it's what we are good at. :cool:

I know it might seem like we're mega rich to the rest of the world but honestly, we get ripped off in this country as much as the rest of you. A lot of Muse's main fanbase won't be on great money (or will be too young to work) over here either so pushing £50 per ticket is something you have to really think about sometimes...especially if they're released before pay day!

for everybody who may ask oneself "are those ukrainians totally deranged to not want to buy tickets"?

I want to stress with a relieable accuracy that 1 ticket (150 USd) equals 50 % of 1 month salary (average level) in Ukraine.

Loyal fans can economise even on food just to save enough quids for a gig ticket.

However, this insult to our dignity really takes the biscuit.

There will be a very small amount of people on the concert and undoubtedly the protest has taken a serious form

for everybody who may ask oneself "are those ukrainians totally deranged to not want to buy tickets"?

I want to stress with a relieable accuracy that 1 ticket (150 USd) equals to 50 % of 1 month salary (average level) in Ukraine.

Loyal fans can economise even on food just to save enough quids for a gig ticket.

However, this insult to our dignity really takes the buiscuit.

There will be a very small amount of people on the concert and undoubtedly the protest has taken a serious form

Really? From what I have heard people are certain that it's gonna sell out.

Really? From what I have heard people are certain that it's gonna sell out.

well, sure, you are much better than me informed 'bout what is going here)))

Nobody of my friends (including well-heeled ones) or acquaitances is going to buy the tickets for this money, It is absurd. And you know i would love to agree with all the tones of your arguments in this topic but actually the thruth differs from what you are saying. It is not just a bussiness because we have robbers instead of bussinessmen here in Ukraine

When other bands were playing in Ukraine, do you really think they did not know about their music being pirated??? Or it is only Muse who suffer the most of all (i do not in any way advocate piracy - our state itself is interested in it, i mean our bribed state officials). And other groups played without any absurd (because and i don't believe that piracy is a cause for all this insanity) plans to compensate their ungained possible profits by raising the prices for tickets (it is very difficult and actuallly not worth their while at all to calculate), moreover only several bands in the world gain reasonable money from disk sellings.

You know possibly this is going so 'funny' because that is the russian promotion company who organises the concert (at the same time they organise 2 Muse gigs in Russia just 2-3 days after our concert). This time russian tickets are cheaper than unkrainian, but please BELIEVE me - the salaries there are 2-3 times higher than ours and morevoer in Russia (here i respectfully ask you to be very attentive) the PIRACY IS RIGHT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS IT IS IN UKRAINE. May we humble ask a question : WHERE THE F...CK IS ANY LOGIC?

"This is facts. Muse have far more fans and sells far more tickets. Therefore they are a bigger band and will be more expensive to book. "

These facts do not play any role in Ukraine because here PLACEBO equals to MUSE by popularity and 5 months ago their gig was worth 350-600 uah (40-80 usd) for 1 ticket, which was deemed as already high price and there were no sold-out (60-70 %), while straight after Ukraine they had gone to Russia and played concerts with prices equal to present Muse's tickets there. So we probably had become 2 times richer now because russian prices stay stable and our tickets had doubled their cost. Yes, is it the right answer as for the motive of this " GOOD DEED"?

All these prices seem to be set by somedy who has fallen from the Moon and evidently suffered very harsh form of brain shock because one has to have the ultimetly damaged head to do such things.

I don't know, may be by abusing Our unlimited faithfulness to loved bands that organisers think to succeed in robbing us, actually real fans can spend all money on tickets and then the whole next month happily sustain on a fast-food pasta and sugar-free tea and would not ever regret about those money, but alas sometimes we encounter such idiocy that goes to far.

Anyway, since last 3 years the level of life in Ukraine has fallen twofold (inflation 100% i mean ) so that comparison about this year concert and the 2007 one is quite conventional and generally unfair)))

So everything is fine

God bless Bellammy and DAMN THOSE MEAN HIDEOUS SOLES of our organisers

well, sure, you are much better than me informed 'bout what is going here)))

Nobody of my friends (including well-heeled ones) or acquaitances is going to buy the tickets for this money, It is absurd. And you know i would love to agree with all the tones of your arguments in this topic but actually the thruth differs from what you are saying. It is not just a bussiness because we have robbers instead of bussinessmen here in Ukraine

When other bands were playing in Ukraine, do you really think they did not know about their music being pirated??? Or it is only Muse who suffer the most of all (i do not in any way advocate piracy - our state itself is interested in it, i mean our bribed state officials). And other groups played without any absurd (because and i don't believe that piracy is a cause for all this insanity) plans to compensate their ungained possible profits by raising the prices for tickets (it is very difficult and actuallly not worth their while at all to calculate), moreover only several bands in the world gain reasonable money from disk sellings.

You know possibly this is going so 'funny' because that is the russian promotion company who organises the concert (at the same time they organise 2 Muse gigs in Russia just 2-3 days after our concert). This time russian tickets are cheaper than unkrainian, but please BELIEVE me - the salaries there are 2-3 times higher than ours and morevoer in Russia (here i respectfully ask you to be very attentive) the PIRACY IS RIGHT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS IT IS IN UKRAINE. May we humble ask a question : WHERE THE F...CK IS ANY LOGIC?

"This is facts. Muse have far more fans and sells far more tickets. Therefore they are a bigger band and will be more expensive to book. "

These facts do not play any role in Ukraine because here PLACEBO equals to MUSE by popularity and 5 months ago their gig was worth 350-600 uah (40-80 usd) for 1 ticket, which was deemed as already high price and there were no sold-out (60-70 %), while straight after Ukraine they had gone to Russia and played concerts with prices equal to present Muse's tickets there. So we probably had become 2 times richer now because russian prices stay stable and our tickets had doubled their cost. Yes, is it the right answer as for the motive of this " GOOD DEED"?

All these prices seem to be set by somedy who has fallen from the Moon and evidently suffered very harsh form of brain shock because one has to have the ultimetly damaged head to do such things.

I don't know, may be by abusing Our unlimited faithfulness to loved bands that organisers think to succeed in robbing us, actually real fans can spend all money on tickets and then the whole next month happily sustain on a fast-food pasta and sugar-free tea and would not ever regret about those money, but alas sometimes we encounter such idiocy that goes to far.

Anyway, since last 3 years the level of life in Ukraine has fallen twofold (inflation 100% i mean ) so that comparison about this year concert and the 2007 one is quite conventional and generally unfair)))

So everything is fine

God bless Bellammy and DAMN THOSE MEAN HIDEOUS SOLES of our organisers

I don't get the problem. If they won't sell out, then they will suffer for making the prices so high, and new chances will surely come.

If they DO sell out, then too bad, but that's life. You couldn't afford it, someone else could.

I just wish Muse would tone down their stage setup a bit. It's not like they need towers or lasers for people to be impressed by them. If they just used something like their festival stage for every gig, that should decrease ticket prices.

I just wish Muse would tone down their stage setup a bit. It's not like they need towers or lasers for people to be impressed by them. If they just used something like their festival stage for every gig, that should decrease ticket prices.

I just want to say that I totally agree with what you are saying! It's all about the music, right?

Many complaints have arisen about the high prices of Muse's upcoming concerts in Ukraine. I'm not surprised. Fans always have the right to show their disapproval. Some people say that one person can't change the world. Maybe, but an idea can! It's not the first time, and sadly not the last time, when the ticket prices are far too expensive. Maybe it's time for change? I think they should at least try. If not us, fans, then who?

Good luck to the Ukrainian Musers!

I just want to say that I totally agree with what you are saying! It's all about the music, right?

Many complaints have arisen about the high prices of Muse's upcoming concerts in Ukraine. I'm not surprised. Fans always have the right to show their disapproval. Some people say that one person can't change the world. Maybe, but an idea can! It's not the first time, and sadly not the last time, when the ticket prices are far too expensive. Maybe it's time for change? I think they should at least try. If not us, fans, then who?

Good luck to the Ukrainian Musers!

If you want to change anything, don't buy a ticket. No one is gonna care that people are angry if you still buy tickets.

Archived