Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

"And we can say that some people who come in groups to boycott the concert, have made reservation of tickets for it. It looks a little weird, frankly. If you already boykotiruete, do it honestly in relation to their peers." :LOL:

Basically they are saying that Muse are this expensive, more so than for example Depeche Mode, who got a similar price for the tickets.

Hi, so I live never ever post here, just occasionally lurk, but this is one of the most IGNORANT posts I've ever seen and I had to reply. People in the Ukraine make A LOT less money than anyone in the US, which I noticed you're from. Saying that money will not come between them and Muse is just wrong. Some might give up most of their monthly salary- you know they need money for food and rent and stuff- to see Muse. Besides, this whole thing about 'real muse fans' is so old. People don't have to give up so much to be a 'real' fan You can't give up vitals in your life for a band, even if you absolutely adore them.

Don't know if people in the Ukraine will get the prices down, but good luck to you!:) Hope things work out so you guys get to see what you obviously know is a great band.:)

You're kinda proving my point, in my asshole of a comment I was implying that not everything is about money. If you can't go, you can't go. Life ain't fair.

Eh, if this is translating correctly, they are basically blaming illegal downloading.

"The most important factor - is that Ukraine is one of the most pirated countries in the world in relation to video and music products. When the performers give concert in London at Wembley they understand that earn not only on the tickets. Primarily they promote their albums, which are bought after the concerts huge numbers. And we have after (and before) the concert people are returning home and downloading the same albums for free on a torrent or file hosting.

Do you really want to after this, that would have to be treated the same way as the Europeans, who spend millions of dollars to buy music on physical media or in iTunes? Let us be honest to each other - a good attitude will not. Because the fan can be called a fan only when the group pays for its work. Otherwise, it's not fun, it's an ignoramus."

basically they told us to fuck off and stop whining, presenting Ukraine as a poor country.

they treat us as nothing.

Bastards. It's really unfair that a relatively poor country (have I got that right? I know nothing of Ukrainian economics) has to pay the highest prices in the world.

"And we can say that some people who come in groups to boycott the concert, have made reservation of tickets for it. It looks a little weird, frankly. If you already boykotiruete, do it honestly in relation to their peers." :LOL:

Basically they are saying that Muse are this expensive, more so than for example Depeche Mode, who got a similar price for the tickets.

I noticed some people saying 'boycott this gig, we can't afford it' in one breath and 'I'm waiting for my ticket confirmation email' in the next but wasn't gonna say anything...

Eh, if this is translating correctly, they are basically blaming illegal downloading.

"The most important factor - is that Ukraine is one of the most pirated countries in the world in relation to video and music products. When the performers give concert in London at Wembley they understand that earn not only on the tickets. Primarily they promote their albums, which are bought after the concerts huge numbers. And we have after (and before) the concert people are returning home and downloading the same albums for free on a torrent or file hosting.

Do you really want to after this, that would have to be treated the same way as the Europeans, who spend millions of dollars to buy music on physical media or in iTunes? Let us be honest to each other - a good attitude will not. Because the fan can be called a fan only when the group pays for its work. Otherwise, it's not fun, it's an ignoramus."

I can't say if it's correct or not, but fair enough I've to admit that I won't pay 100€ for a two-hour concert myself.

Didn't Matt himself said (in an interview at lake como in 2009) that they're not worth 50€ - which was the usual ticket price in Europe 2009/2010. At least I know that it's not their fault. :)

I can't say if it's correct or not, but fair enough I've to admit that I won't pay 100€ for a two-hour concert myself.

Didn't Matt himself said (in an interview at lake como in 2009) that they're not worth 50€ - which was the usual ticket price in 2009/2010. At least I know that it's not their fault. :)

Well according to that site, it is Muse's fault(well...the managements). Thanks to huge amounts of illegal downloading, performers are taking higher prices to make up for the low sales.

Bullshit if you ask me, no matter who's responsible.

Isn't is just the tickets in front of the stage that are expensive?

While I'm not sure I agree with premium price tickets that exclude others the opportunity to be near the stage, maybe they have done it that way to keep the ticket prices down for the majority. :erm:

Also whichever way it is done the majority are going to be excluded from being near the stage in any case.

Well according to that site, it is Muse's fault(well...the managements). Thanks to huge amounts of illegal downloading, performers are taking higher prices to make up for the low sales.

Everyone has the right of free speech! When the Ukranian fans feel the need for an uprising then let them do so!

I think that is bullshit. I remember Matt saying that the concert revenues paid for the album in the case of The Resistance because the record company advance was too small. In any case if it's to do with album sales, it has something to do with the record company.

I think that is bullshit. I remember Matt saying that the concert revenues paid for the album in the case of The Resistance.

This was specifically about Ukraine, not the album sales in general. I'm sure that they are in no need of money.

This was specifically about Ukraine, not the album sales in general. I'm sure that they are in no need of money.

I shouldn't think they are, but that was the way Matt explained it worked. I imagine it's to do with the promotion company or record company in any case, not Muse. Why would Muse care which country they got album revenue from as long as they got it?

Incidentally I have heard before that some artists charging similar rates, make a loss on their live performances and attempt to make it up with merchandise, but I doubt that's the case for Muse as they play in such big venues.

Well I imagine it's to do with the promotion company or record company in any case, not Muse. Why would Muse care which country they got album revenue from as long as they got it?

Well obviously they are gonna earn more money by getting more sales now. But no, this is either the work of the management or bullshit excuses from the booking company. I don't think the record company can affect the ticket prices.

But that's just my thoughts, I don't really have any knowledge in the subject.

EDIT: Ohwait, I misunderstood your previous post. The album is paid for, yes. But they still earn money for the sales. So raising the prices to make up for what is lost from illegal downloading would make sense, just saying.

ok so i'll try to shortly translate what they said.first, the organiser - Nikolai Sydorov (Melnitsa International)

Interviewer:Many fans complain about the prices.Comment please.

NS: The prices are adequate for a band like this.Muse are one of the most expensive bands in the world right now.Actually they're even more expensive than the bands who played here before like 30STM and Placebo (*i was at Placebo gig and it was 600UAH for Fanzone1*).Even more expensive than Depeche Mode.

Int: Many fans unite in social networks to boycott the gig.Did it somehow affect the pre-orders?

NS:Yes it did.They've increased 20%.We even had to postpone the sales because of that.

Int: Are western fans interested in the gig?

NS:Yes about 3000 fans from abroad wanted to pre-order the tickets.A lot of fans from Russia as they think visiting Ukraine will be cheaper than Moscow.

Int:You mentioned Moscow.Why are tickets in Russia cheaper than in Ukraine?

NS:It's because of tallage (*sorry if it's the wrong word i just don't know the right one.taxes, maybe?*)

We' are organising the concert not only in Ukraine but in St.Petersburg and Moscow as well so we know what we're talking about.

Int:Any other reasons for such prices?

NS:the main reason is that Ukraine has one of the highest piracy levels in the world.When bands give concerts at Wembley in London they can be sure it's not only the ticket price they get their profit from.Their main profit comes from album sales and from the sales increase after the gig.While in Ukraine anyone can download any album for free from torrents or elsewhere.

You really think we'll be treated as Europe is after that?Europeans spend millions of physical releases or iTunes.So let's be honest, there'll never be good treatment.A fan can only be considered a fan when he pays for band's work.(*meanwhile you can hardly find a place to buy a real album not a copy*)

Int: Does the lack of good venues affect the prices?

NS:Indeed there are no good indoor venues in Kiev.And the sizes of Palats Sportu doesn't allow us to lower the prices.

Int:How about IEC?(*a bigger venue where Placebo and 30STM concerts were held*)

NS:IEC's got really bad acoustics.We had to put in a lot of money to improve it at the previous gigs.

It is much better in Palats Sportu.

Int:Have you considered bigger, outdoor venues?Like stadiums?

NS:Yes we've considered this option but the band refused.There might be rains in May so it's a big risk.

Int:Will fans' letters to te management affect anything?

NS:This letters as well as posts on official Messageboard written in shit English will only result in Europeans pointing at us as at the third world country.If that's their aim, they can go on.

Int: And the main question: will you lower the prices?

NS: If we lower them even just for 100 UAH, it will be unprofitable for us even if it sells out.

Muse are the biggest live band in the world and their concert in Kiev is the main event of 2011.We invite all music fans to this unforgettable show.See you at the gig!

Tbh I think they give a lot of good reasons.

"NS:This letters as well as posts on official Messageboard written in shit English will only result in Europeans pointing at us as at the third world country.If that's their aim, they can go on." :LOL: Total cunts though.

Tbh I think they give a lot of good reasons.

"NS:This letters as well as posts on official Messageboard written in shit English will only result in Europeans pointing at us as at the third world country.If that's their aim, they can go on." :LOL: Total cunts though.

trust me, all of the reasons are not real.

Which ones?

lol! For example the "illegal download fact". Trust me, it's a problem in Europe too!

And it's a fact that nowadays bands earn the most money with merchandise and live shows!

And again: I'm not blaming the band!

But - nevertheless - in the end the concert will sell out. But I'm promising that most of the attenders will be from abroad. And if that's in terms of Muse.... That's the big question...

Ukraine in numbers.

Year 2007

Average ticket price - 66$ (FAN-ZONE - 31$).

Average salary throughout the country - 260$

That was the year of first ukrainian gig ever from Muse.

Been there.

Year 2011

Average ticket price - 100$ (FAN-ZONE - 118$).

Average salary throughout the country - 275$

It's a SHAME that I live in a third world country with fucked-up economy and stupid government.

But I can't effort to give away half of my monthly income just to see Muse.

The best live band in the world.

Paradise comes at a price

That I am not prepared to pay

lol! For example the "illegal download fact". Trust me, it's a problem in Europe too!

And it's a fact that nowadays bands earn the most money with merchandise and live shows!

And again: I'm not blaming the band!

What are you laughing about? It was a simple question.

Who said it wasn't a problem? And trust ME when I say that the problem isn't as big as people make it out to be.

And for the second point, exactly. This is where the band earns their money. And this is where the prices are increased because of bad sales(according to them), so where is the problem?

That being said, the reason is a bit odd, but I don't doubt that the price for booking Muse is extremely high.

Who said it wasn't a problem? And trust ME when I say that the problem isn't as big as people make it out to be.

And for the second point, exactly. This is where the band earns their money. And this is where the prices are increased because of bad sales(according to them), so where is the problem?

That being said, the reason is a bit odd, but I don't doubt that the price for booking Muse is extremely high.

i'm sorry but i don't think that when a band decides where to go they demand the sales chart and go 'oh look Ukraine sold less, because it's a third world country, lets put the prices up, 3 millions of income is not enough'

I'm not knowledgeable on this, but out of interest, don't Muse, or their management at least, book the venue, not the other way round, and then Muse get a percentage of ticket prices,presuming there is some left?

As I said I've heard artists make their profit from merchandise. If the venue isn't that big there will be smaller returns obviously. And bearing in mind overheads like transporting the stage and paying the crew.

BTW I don't remember hearing that Muse were put off by the chance of rain before.:chuckle:

Archived