Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

And that wasn't my only point. I hate people who try to justify illegal downloading by saying that they can't afford to buy all the music they want.

If you can't pay the money, then you can't have the product. It's as simple as that.

people can afford buying legal records.we just can't find them here.it works like this - you ask if its licenced one they say 'yes it is' you pay 100UAH for a CD and then it turns out it's the pirate one.

:LOL: Muse are MUCH bigger than Placebo. Are you for real?

900UAH, and what was the Muse tickets now again?

What venue did DM play in, what venue is Muse playing in, and last, what venue did they play in last?

In my opinion they are the same.you are weird to believe Muse are bigger just because they've gone extremely mainstream.

Muse tickets are 1100UAH.

all of them are the same venue.

In my opinion they are the same.you are weird to believe Muse are bigger just because they've gone extremely mainstream.

Muse tickets are 1100UAH.

all of them are the same venue.

For fucks sake. I'm not talking about personal opinion. This isn't about which band is the best. It's about sales. This is facts. Muse have far more fans and sells far more tickets. Therefore they are a bigger band and will be more expensive to book.

you can see nothing from 50$ places.another reason why this venue is not better.

they are the seated ones at the back.

It's a 10,000 capacity venue. the view is going to be a hell of a lot better than it was for the people at the back of Wembley Stadium, which held 80,000.

It doesn't seem like much of an argument for not buying the cheaper tickets if you REALLY want to go.

you can see nothing from 50$ places.another reason why this venue is not better.

they are the seated ones at the back.

If you were talking about seeing a band who have a relatively 'normal' stage setup with no visuals, just lights then yeah it would be sucky to sit at the back. But Muse have incredible stages, that allow everyone in the arena to witness some show. Regardless of where you sit you should have a good view of something surely?

"it is about the venue.venues are almost the same.they are both around 10000."

"all of them are the same venue."

How can a venue be almost the same as itself? Either it's the same venue, or it's almost the same. Which one is it.

This might not sound correct , but let me get this straight:

The organizers raised the price to make up for the lost prices in album sales. They said Ukraine was high in piracy and it happened a lot, which was why so much was lost in sales. Maybe this is because so many people are not so well off in Ukraine, leading them to piracy. This leads me to wonder why the organizers would raise these prices if not many Ukrainians are well off, because if they cannot afford paying for CD's, how could they afford to pay about 10x as much for a concert ticket. It's all so weird, because wouldnt it be obvious that they would as organisers still lose money because people couldnt afford this.

So confusing....

Haha, I was a bit confused first when you had put the first part inside my quote. "Wait...I DIDN'T SAY THAT!"

Well, I pay extremely high taxes, but nothing directly for the studying.

I think it ends up a lot fairer that way though.

I'm surprised you have, what appears to be a right wing outlook, living in Sweden. Though you're right, concert tickets can't be described as essential, but most left leaning thinkers suggest that everyone should have reasonable access to culture and leisure as well as the bare essentials, though probably not including specific events.

For fucks sake. I'm not talking about personal opinion. This isn't about which band is the best. It's about sales. This is facts. Muse have far more fans and sells far more tickets. Therefore they are a bigger band and will be more expensive to book.

come on don't make me mention Twilight.

then why was it cheaper to book them for other countries?

i think i remembered why i left this messageboard in the first place

i'm sorry but i can't take you seriously because someone who lives in Sweden - one of the most wealthy countries in the world can not understand the problem people in Ukraine have to face.

Average.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZssc7barUY

Muse at Goffertpak last June. €50 I believe. I wouldn't class this as average.

If you really don't want to miss them get the seating tickets, the sound will be loud enough and you'll be surrounded by other people who can't afford the floor tickets so you will have a good time anyway.

This might not sound correct , but let me get this straight:

The organizers raised the price to make up for the lost prices in album sales. They said Ukraine was high in piracy and it happened a lot, which was why so much was lost in sales. Maybe this is because so many people are not so well off in Ukraine, leading them to piracy. This leads me to wonder why the organizers would raise these prices if not many Ukrainians are well off, because if they cannot afford paying for CD's, how could they afford to pay about 10x as much for a concert ticket. It's all so weird, because wouldnt it be obvious that they would as organisers still lose money because people couldnt afford this.

So confusing....

And if these people can't afford to pay for CDs, they can't possibly afford to go to the concerts even for standard prices, right? So why not raise the price to gain these money, because they will still sell out, even if not every fan in the country will have the money to see them.

Sounds logical to me.

"it is about the venue.venues are almost the same.they are both around 10000."

"all of them are the same venue."

How can a venue be almost the same as itself? Either it's the same venue, or it's almost the same. Which one is it.

you asked about the capasity of the venues.it is the first answer.

the second one is the answer for where DM played, where Muse played the previous time and where are they playing now.

i'm sorry but i can't take you seriously because someone who lives in Sweden - one of the most wealthy countries in the world can not understand the problem people in Ukraine have to face.

I don't see what Twilight has to do with anything :erm:

I never said it was cheaper to book them in other counties. Where did you get that idea from? And what the hell does Twilight have to do with it?

Oh right, because I can't possibly understand what it means to not have money. And I couldn't possibly base an argument on pure facts, because I am from Sweden.

I think I know why you left. Ignorance does not go well together with discussions.

And that wasn't my only point. I hate people who try to justify illegal downloading by saying that they can't afford to buy all the music they want.

If you can't pay the money, then you can't have the product. It's as simple as that.

Well, I won't ask you if you paid for every song you listened, because I don't want to enter into new copyright discussion, but you probably agree that record labels often behave a bit inadequate. Sometimes, there is even no proven harm to sales or harm is very low, but they act like they lose billions of USD. Maybe same happened with this gig. As for me, I bought all Muse discs I have, but overall copyright thing is actually very complicated to judge.

because if they cannot afford paying for CD's, how could they afford to pay about 10x as much for a concert ticket.

This is exactly what I was trying to say. The sad thing is that demand is so high that tickets will be sold out anyway.

you asked about the capasity of the venues.it is the first answer.

the second one is the answer for where DM played, where Muse played the previous time and where are they playing now.

"venues", is that just a language mistake? Because that would imply that there is more than one.

lolwut

Well, I won't ask you if you paid for every song you listened, because I don't want to enter into new copyright discussion, but you probably agree that record labels often behave a bit inadequate. Sometimes, there is even no proved harm to sales or harm is very low, but they act like they lose billions of USD. Maybe same happened with this gig. As for me, I bought all Muse discs I have, but overall copyright thing is actually very complicated to judge.

I'm not saying anything about the effects of the piracy. All I am saying is that it doesn't justify the crime. Do you understand? Saying "I can't afford this, so I'll just take it instead" is just...stupid.

Archived