Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

People, except Alix, who try to make serious points and at the same time quote Muse lyrics are doomed to fail.

Which is why it's hard to take any of this seriously. They all seem to be imagining themselves as a part of the Uprising lyrics.

Whilst it may be what they say they charge for festivals, that is because it's not their own gig. It's an appearance fee for a festival. It's not something they'd go around charging private venues on their own tour, because of the way ticket revenues work. Basically when a band puts a tour on, it's doing so at its own risk and cost. It's actually the venue that charges THEM for lease of the venue, and this is paid for out of the ticket revenues. After venue costs and wages, as well as a few other outlays, the band gets the rest in payment. Pink Floyd toured The Wall, and it was so outrageously expensive they didn't make any money out of it. Except for Rick Wright, who had been booted out of the band and brought back in as a session musician...he earned a set wage on that tour and was the only member of Pink Floyd to make any money from the tour!

Yeah this is how I thought it was. I think the post that said that ticket prices are calculated on risk was probably also pretty accurate, though no one can deny that venues rake it in.

I also think that bands tend to use concert revenue to invest in the next so rather than having a pot of money, it's constantly ongoing. The amount of concerts booked depends on the revenue from previous concerts or predicted revenue from those that are already booked so without ticket revenue there would be no concerts. I think that any personal wealth that the members of Muse award themselves would not last very long if they had to use it to finance concerts and they also have to balance what they award themselves with future album and tour investment. Obviously if they are being paid a million for a festival booking that all contributes, but I don't think it goes directly into their pockets.

I also have a vague recollection that the regular festivals don't actually pay bands that much. I think Glastonbury was mentioned as not outlaying much on bands. Afterall it's promotion for the band, different to a private booking which would be more like performing at a private function. Jack's charity event would be in a similar line I think if there wouldn't be benefits such as major tv coverage. That's not to say that Muse wouldn't perform at a charity event they believed in for nothing, just that I think they're unlikely to perform at little known charity events for less than a commercial fee, I don't think, as the requests would be endless and they are already very busy.

BTW what is your charity for Jack?

On the topic of this thread, I do not think that we can judge how it is for those living in Ukraine. I don't think even experiencing being poor in the West will be the same as that in post soviet countries where the infrastructures have broken down (I'm not sure if Ukraine is one of those but it sounds like it). I do think that people will still get a good experience of the concert however from the cheaper seats and if tickets at that price can be afforded it's definitely worth going. :)

Honestly, you guys shouldn't complain about the prices. Yes, they are really high, but then again that only means you will get a proper fucking gig. Just look at Australia. I would happily pay these prices for a proper gig.

Wasn't it only a few months ago that people were complaining about the tickets prices in Europe, then America, and then Australia? :p

Wasn't it only a few months ago that people were complaining about the tickets prices in Europe, then America, and then Australia? :p

I dont see why there would've been any reason to complain for european tickets. From goffertpark they were 49.00 exactly, and apparently the same for the rest with a few euro's here and there. Nothing much wrong with those prices.

I dont see why there would've been any reason to complain for european tickets. From goffertpark they were 49.00 exactly, and apparently the same for the rest with a few euro's here and there. Nothing much wrong with those prices.

Value for money was the issue, e.g. the shorter gigs in America with 13 songs

Value for money was the issue, e.g. the shorter gigs in America with 13 songs

Yeah well those gigs were quite short come to think of it.

And I knew you were taking the p*ss out of my charity gig! I explained exactly what I mean all night last night over in Banter

Unfortunately your efforts will be in vain. The price will not drop and it would have been worked out fairly, and the inflated price may be due to an external source. Either pay to see them or don't is the simple answer.

Tickets prices are worked out by what they need to pay for everything and also what people are prepared to pay, which sadly is what has caused the massive raise in ticket costs in recent years.

Yeah well those gigs were quite short come to think of it.

And I knew you were taking the p*ss out of my charity gig! I explained exactly what I mean all night last night over in Banter

You said you were almost closing a deal in booking editors for €250,000 ;)

I'm not doubting you're organising a charity gig at school but saying you're booking Editors or Ghinzu is just asking for people to take the piss out off you.

You said you were almost closing a deal in booking editors for €250,000 ;)

I'm not doubting you're organising a charity gig at school but saying you're booking Editors or Ghinzu is just asking for people to take the piss out off you.

250,000 is the fee. Aiming for a discount

I saw what you guys all said in Banter though and it seemed like you didn't get what I meant.

Compared to Muse's 1million, Musest (Hollands best tribute band) are only 100 euro. Might be a good alternative :LOL:

Oh yeah I do but someone thought I was trying to book all 3 bands I mentioned, when in actual fact i'm only trying to get 1, but i was using the other 2 in comparison.

I only ever thought you were saying you were trying to book one, but I just can't imagine you being able to book bands that successful. I mean what you're doing for your age is amazing, but I do think you're being a bit too optimistic here

I only ever thought you were saying you were trying to book one, but I just can't imagine you being able to book bands that successful. I mean what you're doing for your age is amazing, but I do think you're being a bit too optimistic here

I did wonder if i was being a bit too optimistic, but I thought it'd be good to try anyway. If it doesn't go well with Editors (I doubt they will come, just want to try anyway), i'll go for something way cheaper.

Just a little :LOL:

A group at my highschool organised a mini festival as part of their "profielwerkstuk" (sort of a dissertation at highschool) and they didn't even break even. And that was with local bands :LOL:

Archived