Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

I am doing all this. I am having some help from a couple of teachers (deputy & head of careers).

You could leave it to me to organize something like this because i did this last year too and it went very well. Aiming to go a step further this year.

So who pays for the bands?

Btw, your flat rate of £1 million can't be right. surely the bigger the venue, the bigger the fee. I can't see them getting the same money for the O2 and Wembley Stadium.

So who pays for the bands?

Btw, your flat rate of £1 million can't be right. surely the bigger the venue, the bigger the fee. I can't see them getting the same money for the O2 and Wembley Stadium.

No it is all the same.

The school would probably pay for the bulk, with the extra people i'm organizing it with also paying. Nothings been confirmed yet so i cant say that anything will happen.

I have a backup option as well if Editors doesn't go through.

oooh, I forgot to think there :LOL:

This just further proves how hard it is for the booking companies. It's pretty common that they end up losing money after a booking.

Well unless Muse don't actually charge a flat rate of a million. That's probably just for private bookings, like corporate bookings etc, and I don't think they do a lot of them. In fact I've never heard that they've done one. They're management was maybe having a giggle with Jack.

Well unless Muse don't actually charge a flat rate of a million. That's probably just for private bookings, like corporate bookings etc, and I don't think they do a lot of them. In fact I've never heard that they've done one.

Apparently according to Geoff meal it is 1million

No but you thought you'd pop in and fling your usual sarcasm at people who are clearly distressed at not being able to afford a gig ticket.

One day, when you reach adulthood, you'll look back on some of the things you've posted and realise what a silly little boy you are.

:LOL: :LOL:

Pip, you win so hard.

I think those prices come from the problem, that they have to carry a massive amount of equip for a very long distance for only 3 gigs. So those gigs have to give them enough money to pay those costs and earn money as well. But it's also possible that the agencies in Russia and Ukraine are insane, I'm not sure.

The point is: I dunno how people in those countries are supposed to pay even more than us. So maybe they should go there without huge stage equip and lower the prices. I bet everyone could get happy with that. :)

There's also the issue that, in general, promoters are ripping people off more and more by the day because live shows are much more profitable than recorded music and, because of this, they will rip people off because no one will kick up a fuss. The majority of people who buy gig tickets, at least in the UK, do not see price as a factor. They just want to go.

Now you may go back to your sarcasm mud flinging.

Yep 1 million

i just trawled through my inbox to check

But the numbers just don't stack up. If they play a 10,000 capacity venue at an average of £50 a ticket, that's revenue of £500,000. Once Muse are paid their £1 million, that's a massive loss for the promoters. So that would mean every gig of the arena tour would have made a loss for the promoters. Even a 20,000 capacity venue would see the promoters just breaking even. That can't be right.

But the numbers just don't stack up. If they play a 10,000 capacity venue at an average of £50 a ticket, that's revenue of £500,000. Once Muse are paid their £1 million, that's a massive loss for the promoters. So that would mean every gig of the arena tour would have made a loss for the promoters. Even a 20,000 capacity venue would see the promoters just breaking even. That can't be right.

It does seem odd but that's how much it costs.

If you read the book "All About The Music Business" which was written by an industry executive, you will start to understand and it will become quite clear.

£20 in good book stores I believe :)

It does seem odd but that's how much it costs.

If you read the book "All About The Music Business" which was written by an industry executive, you will start to understand and it will become quite clear.

£20 in good book stores I believe :)

I imagine it would be different though wouldn't it, for a private booking to their own tour which would be a lot more complex? I mean they don't just charge a fee, they organise it, design and pay for the stage set up, employ the crew, etc.

a million to book Muse? crikey :eek:

interesting info Jack - you sound like you know what you're doing - hope it all works out. :)

People on here sound like they're taking the p*ss out of me by asking soo many questions to try and catch me out, but it doesn't seem to work. I know what i'm doing :)

People on here sound like they're taking the p*ss out of me by asking soo many questions to try and catch me out, but it doesn't seem to work. I know what i'm doing :)

I'm not trying to catch you out. It just doesn't sound right that it would cost exactly the same for Muse to perform at a private event to their own tour.

I don't think so tbh. People, like me, are just interested.

Jack, I'm not trying to take the piss out of you, I'm not like that. And I'm not trying to catch you out. I'm just saying the numbers don't stack up and they don't. I can't imagine an arena tour where promoters take a massive loss per gig can make good business sense. There must be more to it.

Maybe Geoff Meal meant their fee for a gig such as yours would cost £1 million. Did he actually say that every gig Muse do, whatever the size of venue, will be a flat rate of £1 million or did you just infer that?

Well it's not exactly a private event, it's a proper festival. It's open to the public

Yeah, but you would be organising it, not Muse or their people. Presumably when they tour they don't just put it all together and then put it out to tender for anyone who wants to pay them a million pounds.

Archived