Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

i'm sorry but i don't think that when a band decides where to go they demand the sales chart and go 'oh look Ukraine sold less, because it's a third world country, lets put the prices up, 3 millions of income is not enough'

I don't think that either because it's a stupid reason. However, if they decide to put the ticket price up to account for the money lost from piracy of the albums then that's more understandable. And besides, obviously from that interview there are still people willing to pay that amount of money to see them, so if the demand is there then the promoters will see no reason not to charge those prices

I don't think that either because it's a stupid reason. However, if they decide to put the ticket price up to account for the money lost from piracy of the albums then that's more understandable. And besides, obviously from that interview there are still people willing to pay that amount of money to see them, so if the demand is there then the promoters will see no reason not to charge those prices

well yes of course there will be people willing to pay whatever the price is because they are rich.

I'm not knowledgeable on this, but out of interest, don't Muse, or their management at least, book the venue, not the other way round, and then Muse get a percentage of ticket prices,presuming there is some left?

As I said I've heard artists make their profit from merchandise. If the venue isn't that big there will be smaller returns obviously. And bearing in mind overheads like transporting the stage and paying the crew.

BTW I don't remember hearing that Muse were put off by the chance of rain before.:chuckle:

I'm not sure about it either, but from what I can remember, the booking company arranges the venue and such, Muse and the management are only in contact with this company, and not the venue directly. The booking company pays Muse, the tickets pays the booking company.

Therefore the prices are set by the booking company, to whatever price they please. If the venue and Muse are demanding a lot of money, then they need to demand a lot of money from the attenders.

if the demand is there then the promoters will see no reason not to charge those prices

Yeah, surely they don't have to. But in the end most attenders are from abroad and not from Ukraine. So there's no reason at all to play a concert in the Ukraine...

However in the end the main point is profit, isn't it - that's quite sad if you ask me. But I'm a good mind. Search me! :LOL:

Yeah, surely they don't have to. But in the end most attenders are from abroad and not from Ukraine. So there's no reason at all to play a concert in the Ukraine...

However in the end the main point is profit, isn't it - that's quite sad if you ask me. But I'm a good mind. Search me! :LOL:

It may be sad, but I doubt you would be any different in their situation. The booking company wants money for their work, just as any other company. And Muse aren't exactly the band that hands out free shows for the fans.

Well I doubt Muse would have decided to play in Ukraine to perform for richer foreigners. They might as well have played somewhere rich. If it is correct that the prices are out of the range of the average Ukranian (and not just the ones close to the stage, which seems unclear here) then someone hasn't done their market research very well.

Though if Muse were insistent on bringing the same set, perhaps it was never viable at cheap ticket prices.

It may be sad, but I doubt you would be any different in their situation. The booking company wants money for their work, just as any other company. And Muse aren't exactly the band that hands out free shows for the fans.

no one's asking for a free show. we are asking for a payable one.

no one's asking for a free show. we are asking for a payable one.

And the post I was responding to was talking about profit.

Of course it's all about profit. We live in a world where money, profit, is important. Sad, isn't it?

Well I doubt Muse would have decided to play in Ukraine to perform for richer foreigners. They might as well have played somewhere rich. If it is correct that the prices are out of the range of the average Ukranian (and not just the ones close to the stage, which seems unclear here) then someone hasn't done their market research very well.

Though if Muse were insistent on bringing the same set, perhaps it was never viable at cheap ticket prices.

to make it clear

here's a version of the venue scheme

original.jpg

there are no А,Б or 8 sectors.all sectors are 500-1000UAH

Fanzone 1 - 1100UAH

Fanzone 2 - 800UAH

And Muse aren't exactly the band that hands out free shows for the fans.

I know. But Muse always seemed like the kind of ppl who travel the world playing concerts so that fans around the globe have the chance to see 'em. And of course as a band which don't take ticket prices that are too high.

And yeah, I know that in the end they're not the ones deciding the prices. But at least (and because of Matt being against black-market prices and saying that they're not worth 50€) I wonder if they really like it. Maybe they don't care as long as they get their money, but they've cared about other things fans came up with.

I'm sure this argument will reach the band in one or another way...

And the post I was responding to was talking about profit.

Of course it's all about profit. We live in a world where money, profit, is important. Sad, isn't it?

I think it's probably going too far to say it's all about profit. I'm sure there is interest, from Muse's point of view, in playing for their fans in all parts of the world. But obviously it will be only about profit, from the viewpoint of the promoters.

I know. But Muse always seemed like the kind of ppl who travel the world playing concerts so that fans around the globe have the chance to see 'em. And of course as a band which don't take ticket prices that are too high.

And yeah, I know that in the end they're not the ones deciding the prices. But at least (and because of Matt being against black-market prices and saying that they're not worth 50€) I wonder if they really like it. Maybe they don't care as long as they get their money, but they've cared about other things fans came up with.

Well, thing is, Muse DO take a lot for a concert. Why wouldn't they? They are huge. Ofc they're not out to squeeze every last penny out of the fans, but they are certainly not gonna do anything for any less than they are worth.

High prices from Muse, bad economic situation, unfortunate situations with venues+booking companies that wants to get paid=high prices. I'm sorry but that's just how it is.

I think it's probably going too far to say it's all about profit. I'm sure there is interest, from Muse's point of view, in playing for their fans in all parts of the world. But obviously it will be only about profit, from the viewpoint of the promoters.

Yes, obviously Muse love it. But I'm saying that in a world ruled by money, they aren't gonna do a standard gig for free, not ever. This is what they make a living of.

For example, without money, the touring wouldn't even be possible.

stop bitching, please.

we're trying to fight exploiting ukrainian fans.

what's so bad about trying to give all muse fans here a chance to see their favourite band?

You have a chance to see them. That you don't have the money is your problem. I'm not bitching, I'm just showing you the world. As long as the tickets are selling, no one is gonna care.

You have a chance to see them. That you don't have the money is your problem. I'm not bitching, I'm just showing you the world. As long as the tickets are selling, no one is gonna care.

you are not showing something i don't know, you are bitching

this is not called ' a chance to see them '.

you wouldn't call it a chance if your favourite band came to your country and asked a shitload of money for a ticket.

and ''That you don't have the money is your problem.'' that is very rude of you.

Well, thing is, Muse DO take a lot for a concert. Why wouldn't they? They are huge. Ofc they're not out to squeeze every last penny out of the fans, but they are certainly not gonna do anything for any less than they are worth.

High prices from Muse, bad economic situation, unfortunate situations with venues+booking companies that wants to get paid=high prices. I'm sorry but that's just how it is.

But, excuse me, that's not a point saying "We are forced to accept that" like "World is a dark, cold, shitty place and we can't do anything about it!"

That IS the reason why the Ukranian fans are uprising and I wish them the best luck in the world.

If you're many you can change things and the point is that one should not give up! Life's an everyday fight. If it's expensive prices for Muse concerts or other things.

And this isn't just something I learned from "The Resistance". And if any word Matt said during the resistance era regarding the record is true, he would love what the ukranian fans do and maybe the band will also intervene.

As I said: I'm a good mind :)

you are not showing something i don't know, you are bitching

this is not called ' a chance to see them '.

you wouldn't call it a chance if your favourite band came to your country and asked a shitload of money for a ticket.

and ''That you don't have the money is your problem.'' that is very rude of you.

:LOL: Yes I would. For an unemployed student, most things are out of the budget. Still I go to all these gigs that are far more than I can really afford.

I don't get it, you can't afford a ticket, therefore there is something wrong? All I am saying is that there a plenty of explanations to why the prices are high. For a lot of people, even something as 30 USD is a lot of money. You are missing the point.

I think they would care, if there was something that could be done. It depends what the circumstances are. We can't really assume either way.

Though I think if Matt said recently they weren't worth 50 euros, he was probably being modest as there's quite a few premium acts that charge more than that, I think.

:LOL: Yes I would. For an unemployed student, most things are out of the budget. Still I go to all these gigs that are far more than I can really afford.

I don't get it, you can't afford a ticket, therefore there is something wrong? All I am saying is that there a plenty of explanations to why the prices are high. For a lot of people, even something as 30 USD is a lot of money. You are missing the point.

it's you who's missing the point.

Ukraine is wrong.it's a bit fucked up.

i am a student and i take any work i can.right now i'm doing a work for 500UAH.and this is the biggest i can get.

and may i ask you a question.if you're an unemployed student HOW do you pay for your education and concerts, huh?

It is all about risk. Mainly economical risk that will derive from external factors, which are endless... from the political situation to even the geography of the country. The biggest the investment (which I think Muse represent considering the stage, staff, etc), greater the risk, which will vary on every single place they visit.

All these things will hit economically the booking company, which will pass part of the cost to the fans in the ticket price. This is a business and they are obviously after a profit, but the fact that they increase the price doesn't mean that they want to become rich over night, it all has a logic.

If they agree to bring the band to Ukraine and set a price, is because they know that there are good number of people with enough income, willing to pay the ticket price. They are targeting certain 'customers' not the whole country. If that was the cause, they would have never visited Colombia back in 2008, where nearly half of the population lives in poverty.

But, excuse me, that's not a point saying "We are forced to accept that" like "World is a dark, cold, shitty place and we can't do anything about it!"

That IS the reason why the Ukranian fans are uprising and I wish them the best luck in the world.

If you're many you can change things and the point is that one should not give up! Life's an everyday fight. If it's expensive prices for Muse concerts or other things.

And this isn't just something I learned from "The Resistance". And if any word Matt said during the resistance era regarding the record is true, he would love what the ukranian fans do and maybe the band will also intervene.

As I said: I'm a good mind :)

Actually, that's not what I'm saying at all. I don't even think that it's a bad thing. I really see no problem in the fact that the world depends on money. Most people aren't generous enough to lay energy on things for the good of others. What better way to make people do it than to give them something for their work?

IF the only reason for the high prices are greedy booking companies who takes all the money, then I would see a point to the "uprising". This doesn't seem to be the case though, or maybe that's just me being ignorant.

Yes, obviously Muse love it. But I'm saying that in a world ruled by money, they aren't gonna do a standard gig for free, not ever. This is what they make a living of.

For example, without money, the touring wouldn't even be possible.

Well I suppose they could give up their own personal profit on the odd occasion, but I'm not sure that would make all that much difference, and anyway, not that I really expect them to do concerts for nothing, not unless it was for charity.

Archived