Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

actually, that's not what i'm saying at all. I don't even think that it's a bad thing. I really see no problem in the fact that the world depends on money. Most people aren't generous enough to lay energy on things for the good of others. What better way to make people do it than to give them something for their work?

if the only reason for the high prices are greedy booking companies who takes all the money, then i would see a point to the "uprising". This doesn't seem to be the case though, or maybe that's just me being ignorant.

you got it finally

Though I think if Matt said recently they weren't worth 50 euros, he was probably being modest as there's quite a few premium acts that charge more than that, I think.

Well lemme think of the huuuuuuuge stage production during last summer (stadions): They had about 30 stage trucks for that. It must've been fucking expensive. I mean really, really, really expensive and back then I wondered that the ticket prices (with really amazing Supports) were just about 50€ like 2009. They could've taken higher prices, but they haven't.

U get my point here? ;)

it's you who's missing the point.

Ukraine is wrong.it's a bit fucked up.

i am a student and i take any work i can.right now i'm doing a work for 500UAH.and this is the biggest i can get.

and may i ask you a question.if you're an unemployed student HOW do you pay for your education and concerts, huh?

I live in a land where I don't have to pay for education. Great, isn't it?

It's sad that you live under such bad conditions, it really is. But a concert is not a privilege, it's a treat. Just like any other entertainment business, it has a price. A price isn't too high until no one can buy it. If the concert is still selling out, who are you to say that you deserve to be there too? Someone obviously paid what you couldn't. That's my point with that the money problem is YOUR problem. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying that everything goes for a price, and if you try to fight that, then you might as well fight the whole world.

The ticket prices ARE high, I'm not saying they aren't.

The point is that the prices for Muse's gigs in Europe are approximately 40-55 Euro, for US gigs - 50-65 USD.

And now Ukraine gets its fair price of 50-100 Euro.

So the point is that those promoters lost their minds and it has nothing to do with Muse.

And how do you know that this is the case?

because it's obvious

it's not because of piracy - they are just as copied as any other band and for some reason other bands asked 500-800UAH for Fanzone1

it's not because of the venue - the venue they chose is not better than the one they had to perform in in the first place.

it's not taxes - once again other bands were ok with that for some reason

so there's no other reason to put such prices.that's the mentality of ukrainian/russian people.

i'm really happy you don't pay for your education but we do and it's not cheap.

so thank you very much for your 'input'.we got your point.

good luck with living happily in your wonderful country.

The point is that the prices for Muse's gigs in Europe are approximately 40-55 Euro, for US gigs - 50-65 USD.

So the point is that those promoters lost their minds and it has nothing to do with Muse.

Wow, solid case you got there.

...I did it again. Damnit

Even if the reason is high level of piracy, for me it's just...inhumane to try to get those money back by raising gig prices. I'm sure people in Ukraine don't have an idea in mind to download as much as possible for free, mostly they just really have no money to buy everything legally. This can't be a Muse decision, more likely it's their record label. Labels are known to think only about profit and nothing else.

Knowing the details of business in Ex-USSR countries it also can't be excluded that organizers just lie and they just caught a chance to earn a lot of cash, or there is some corruption scheme in which organizers pay part of the money to someone.

Anyway, I'm sorry, but you will achieve nothing. So many people want to visit that gig that they will never low the ticket prices.

Thank you, that's it! You nailed it! :)

And again: I wish you guys the best luck in the world! :dance:

because it's obvious

it's not because of piracy - they are just as copied as any other band and for some reason other bands asked 500-800UAH for Fanzone1

it's not because of the venue - the venue they chose is not better than the one they had to perform in in the first place.

it's not taxes - once again other bands were ok with that for some reason

so there's no other reason to put such prices.that's the mentality of ukrainian/russian people.

i'm really happy you don't pay for your education but we do and it's not cheap.

so thank you very much for your 'input'.we got your point.

good luck with living happily in your wonderful country.

Hmm, were they lying about Depeche Mode then who they said asked for the same kind of money?

It's not about a better venue, it's about what the venue costs to book and how many people it can take. Any numbers on the new and the old venue would be nice.

What bands are you comparing to? And why does it make more sense that the booking company would just suddenly decide to change the prices so drastically for just one band?

I'm sure people in Ukraine don't have an idea in mind to download as much as possible for free, mostly they just really have no money to buy everything legally

What is the difference? They can't pay for what they want, so they download it. It doesn't exactly change the effect it's causing, which is lowered sales.

It's still a shit argument though, I agree.

It is all about risk. Mainly economical risk that will derive from external factors, which are endless... from the political situation to even the geography of the country. The biggest the investment (which I think Muse represent considering the stage, staff, etc), greater the risk, which will vary on every single place they visit.

All these things will hit economically the booking company, which will pass part of the cost to the fans in the ticket price. This is a business and they are obviously after a profit, but the fact that they increase the price doesn't mean that they want to become rich over night, it all has a logic.

If they agree to bring the band to Ukraine and set a price, is because they know that there are good number of people with enough income, willing to pay the ticket price. They are targeting certain 'customers' not the whole country. If that was the cause, they would have never visited Colombia back in 2008, where nearly half of the population lives in poverty.

This is a very sensible post.

Well lemme think of the huuuuuuuge stage production during last summer (stadions): They had about 30 stage trucks for that. It must've been fucking expensive. I mean really, really, really expensive and back then I wondered that the ticket prices (with really amazing Supports) were just about 50€ like 2009. They could've taken higher prices, but they haven't.

U get my point here? ;)

Um, I'm not sure, but I think you're saying it's unlikely to be down to Muse. Well I don't know but Matt wanted to spend hundreds of thousands on a "UFO" just so that people would be wowed, so I doubt profit is his greatest motivation! :LOL:

I don't know much about the Ukraine but I know that in post-soviet countries where the institutions have broken down and a lot of people end up in poverty it means that corruption is rife just because the temptation is so much more when people are struggling and there are less safeguards to prevent it.

I live in a land where I don't have to pay for education. Great, isn't it?

Do you!? Funny that because I pay £3200 a year and due to go up to £7,000 - £10,000 for people in the near future. Course we have an infrastructure, so loans are provided, which some of these countries don't.

It's sad that you live under such bad conditions, it really is. But a concert is not a privilege, it's a treat. Just like any other entertainment business, it has a price. A price isn't too high until no one can buy it. If the concert is still selling out, who are you to say that you deserve to be there too? Someone obviously paid what you couldn't. That's my point with that the money problem is YOUR problem. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying that everything goes for a price, and if you try to fight that, then you might as well fight the whole world.

The ticket prices ARE high, I'm not saying they aren't.

While I see your point. It is a bit rich really for us Westerners to deride those, who don't have the same opportunities, at least for trying.

Incidentally I usually end up paying for the limited number of concerts I attend on the credit card which isn't good either. We're steeped in debt over here. Well a lot of us!

thank you :kiss:

*blushes*:$

If you need any help, count me in! :D

Maybe u should try and write a letter, sending it to the management - try anything in order to bring your message at least to the band. I can remember the case with that little girl who died and where starlight was dedicated to her. Make sure you'll never give up! ;)

Hmm, were they lying about Depeche Mode then who they said asked for the same kind of money?

It's not about a better venue, it's about what the venue costs to book and how many people it can take. Any numbers on the new and the old venue would be nice.

What bands are you comparing to? And why does it make more sense that the booking company would just suddenly decide to change the prices so drastically for just one band?

yes, they were lying.and Depeche Mode are legends.

it is about the venue.venues are almost the same.they are both around 10000.

i am comparing to Placebo, 30STM, Guano Apes, Fatboy Slim, Limp Bizkit, A-ha, Rammstein,IAMX who all played in Ukraine in 2010 for a reasonable price.is that enough?

What is the difference? They can't pay for what they want, so they download it. It doesn't exactly change the effect it's causing, which is lowered sales.

From profit-making point of view, there is no difference, you're right.

*blushes*:$

If you need any help, count me in! :D

Maybe u should try and write a letter, sending it to the management - try anything in order to bring your message at least to the band. I can remember the case with that little girl who died and where starlight was dedicated to her. Make sure you'll never give up! ;)

we've already written loads of letters to them.all we got was an auto-reply.

but we'll never give up.it's not that much about the money, it's about the band knowing what's going on.

So people who can't afford to pay as much can still buy the 50 dollar tickets. No-one's forcing them to buy the highest priced tickets.

Of course the prices are unfair when you consider how much people earn but at least there is the option of the cheaper tickets.

Do you!? Funny that because I pay £3200 a year and due to go up to £7,000 - £10,000 for people in the near future. Course we have an infrastructure which some of these countries don't.

While I see your point. It is a bit rich really for us Westerners to deride those, who don't have the same opportunities, at least for trying.

Incidentally I usually end up paying for the limited number of concerts I attend on the credit card which isn't good either. We're steeped in debt over here. Well a lot of us!

Haha, I was a bit confused first when you had put the first part inside my quote. "Wait...I DIDN'T SAY THAT!"

Well, I pay extremely high taxes, but nothing directly for the studying.

Well yeah, after getting a few numbers on how high those prices actually are in comparison to what people earn, it's insane. But blaming the booking companies and not considering any of the things that affects prices were a bit fast if you ask me.

yes, they were lying.and Depeche Mode are legends.

it is about the venue.venues are almost the same.they are both around 10000.

i am comparing to Placebo, 30STM, Guano Apes, Fatboy Slim, Limp Bizkit, A-ha, Rammstein,IAMX who all played in Ukraine in 2010 for a reasonable price.is that enough?

What did the Depeche Mode tickets cost? And what does that even have to do with it? Legends or not, Muse are still extremely expensive to book.

Many of those bands were mentioned in the article as bands who didn't cost as much to book, so it's only natural that those tickets were cheaper, wouldn't you agree?

TBH most of those bands are far smaller than Muse, Rammstein being the only ones even close in terms of sellings today.

So people who can't afford to pay as much can still buy the 50 dollar tickets. No-one's forcing them to buy the highest priced tickets.

Of course the prices are unfair when you consider how much people earn but at least there is the option of the cheaper tickets.

you can see nothing from 50$ places.another reason why this venue is not better.

they are the seated ones at the back.

From profit-making point of view, there is no difference, you're right.

And that wasn't my only point. I hate people who try to justify illegal downloading by saying that they can't afford to buy all the music they want.

If you can't pay the money, then you can't have the product. It's as simple as that.

Haha, I was a bit confused first when you had put the first part inside my quote. "Wait...I DIDN'T SAY THAT!"

Well, I pay extremely high taxes, but nothing directly for the studying.

Well yeah, after getting a few numbers on how high those prices actually are in comparison to what people earn, it's insane. But blaming the booking companies and not considering any of the things that affects prices were a bit fast if you ask me.

What did the Depeche Mode tickets cost? And what does that even have to do with it? Legends or not, Muse are still extremely expensive to book.

Many of those bands were mentioned in the article as bands who didn't cost as much to book, so it's only natural that those tickets were cheaper, wouldn't you agree?

TBH most of those bands are far smaller than Muse, Rammstein being the only ones even close in terms of sellings today.

so you think Muse are bigger than Placebo? woah there.really?

i think Depeche Mode were 900UAH Fanzone1.

so you think Muse are bigger than Placebo? woah there.really?

i think Depeche Mode were 900UAH Fanzone1.

:LOL: Muse are MUCH bigger than Placebo. Are you for real?

900UAH, and what was the Muse tickets now again?

What venue did DM play in, what venue is Muse playing in, and last, what venue did they play in last?

I was just about to write a reply along the lines of this. There are cheaper tickets available, and even though they may be in a worse position, you still have the opportunity to go, so you can't really complain about that. I admit though it is unfair that the other sections are so much more expensive, but that's a different problem to what many of you are complaining about.

True, I know Placebo and 30STM are quite big and have played arena tours recently, but they're still not on the same level as Muse. Muse can sell out multiple nights of arenas and stadiums which I doubt either of the others could do, and Muse tend to have a much more 'extravagant' stage which inevitably increases the price.

Archived