Did you comprehend Micro Cuts the first time you heard it?

InvincibleBliss

doesn't matter to me though, I think of his voice as just another instrument really, just forgetting about the lyrics

I'm the same way, really. It actually took me years before I understood lyrics in songs at all simply because I never really bothered to listen to them. But first time listening to Micro Cuts I did understand "to our souls" :p

For me, lyrics after first listening went something like that:

"wewweeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa eeaaaaeeeeeeee

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ooouuuuuuueawwwwwwwweeee aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa wwweeeeoooooooooaaaaaeooo

oouuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaa"

i actually thought it was extremely bizzare and always skipped the song till one day i just thought i'd give it a go

my first impression was that it was some whacky opera heavy metal that would make you go mental

turns out i wasn't too far off :p

i actually thought it was extremely bizzare and always skipped the song till one day i just thought i'd give it a go

my first impression was that it was some whacky opera heavy metal that would make you go mental

turns out i wasn't too far off :p

Haha oh wow funny you post that because it describes me almost perfectly

First time I heard the song, I hated it. Couldn't understand the lyrics and the melody seemed incoherant and random to me. Now it's probably my favourite on the album. I also had trouble understanding the lyrics up until recently now that I've memorized most of them. I thought that on the chorus he said "mercé, why you doing that?" instead of "I've seen what you're doing to me".

In-fact I still don't understand some of the lyrics. I just looked up the lyrics and the part where he says "megaphone screaming my name" I always thought he said "butterfly screaming my name".

Like most people, I had no idea what he was singing the first time and I'm pretty much the same now :LOL: I remember listening to it for the first time and I was like "WTF?!" and left it on because I thought I would give it a shot (definitely the best choice).

For me, lyrics after first listening went something like that:

"wewweeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa eeaaaaeeeeeeee

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ooouuuuuuueawwwwwwwweeee aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa wwweeeeoooooooooaaaaaeooo

oouuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaa"

:LOL: for me too, but when I searched for the lyrics and listen to a song few more times it was better (I always wants to sing along now and belive me that doesn`t sound pretty :chuckle:

Archived