Did you comprehend Micro Cuts the first time you heard it?

InvincibleBliss

I never understood the lyrics then and I still don't now

doesn't matter to me though, I think of his voice as just another instrument really, just forgetting about the lyrics

Same here bud... Music isn't about lyrics, and that's why I listen to MUSE (the awesome melodies of course) - even though their lyrics are great too :p

Same here bud... Music isn't about lyrics, and that's why I listen to MUSE (the awesome melodies of course) - even though their lyrics are great too :p

:eek: I do care about lyrics and I think, lots of people do. I care about both, music&lyrics. Otherwise I'd listen to techno or classical music only.

I had no idea what Matt was saying the first time I heard the song, but after reading the lyrics a few times, I can understand him fairly well now (and sometimes I'll join in on the singing :LOL: )

Haha, I sometimes sing along aswell, but I make sure I'm far, far away from any other human :chuckle: They might think I've gone completely mad

Burn in Hell: Exactly where do you hear "sounds like frog spawn are dying"?

Edit: Oh, and I've learned the chorus, but I don't get what is sung in the verse, even though I've read it several times. I don't get Citizen Erased either. XD (Except for "Open minded".)

:eek: I do care about lyrics and I think, lots of people do. I care about both, music&lyrics. Otherwise I'd listen to techno or classical music only.

Just because you don't care about lyrics doesn't mean you only listen to techno or classical music… I mean, I don't give two shits about lyrics most of the time. The voice is really like another instrument as far as I'm concerned and good lyrics are more of a bonus than anything else. :)

Haha, I don't dare doing that but I do sing when I listen to it in my car ^^ Though, I've got quite alot of weird stares at me from both pedestrians and people in other cars. I wonder, do you think they can hear me? :unsure:

Yes. 13.gif

I couldn't understand a word. I thought it was just Matt babbling out a whole load of nonsense.

When I first listened to it the high pitched singing and that guitar melody was really off-putting to me (I was just thinking "WTF is this?!" the whole time), so I steered clear of it for a while, but then I grew to love it. Amazing song and even more amazing riff at the end.

I think now I can comprehend about half of what he's saying :LOL: , but i'm not going to cheat with lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
If you say you understood the lyrics to this song the first time, you're lying.

Absolutely.

I have it mostly memorized by now, and I still can't justify some of them with what I'm hearing. :chuckle:

Same for Exo 1.

It's obviously more about it sounding good than being intelligible. (... likewise he rarely sang all the lyrics to it live.)

Archived