I get a feeling this will be the case.

If only! But it's only been four years since the last time they headlined and I thought they were not doing any UK festivals? Would be the best thing though!

Still all this time i've been thinking what if they played one of the surprise slots at the Park stage and do some of the anniversary stuff there but tbh I don't think they are that sort of band, and besides that wouldn't be a gig they'd manage to gather all the hardcore fans to, so all the oldies would pretty much go to waste. : D

Aye Glastonbury usually waits about six years before booking return headliners. In all probability, its going to be either Metallica or Prince.

I'm guessing Coachella is going to be the last gig of the tour. But who knows - maybe something secret and small that's only announced on the day will come up.

Muse will not headline Glastonbury this year. End of.

newp, thats going to be Kasabian

Yesterday's Lollapalooza BR offered a tantalising glimpse in to what we might get this year, if we do get this anniversary tour that is

Did they say something about the anniversary tour yesterday?

And fuck that setlist! I want a show with a set like this!

They said in interviews that after the shows they'll be back to the studio and then release a new album in 2015.

It's obvious by now there are no plans to announce any more gigs.

That's true. And it's still a good reason not to do a tour. But a few small dates around Teignmouth were still kinda easy to set up.

Easy to setup but not easy to plan cause of all the fans to consider.

Once again rarities have stayed in Japan.

Easy to setup but not easy to plan cause of all the fans to consider.

Once again rarities have stayed in Japan.

True. But still, they could have made it happen if they wanted to.

Not that I had any chances to go to one of those gigs.

I don't think they know what the fuck they are doing they could change their minds and do a few shows around Teignmouth if they wanted to. Why does anyone even listen to Matt one way or the other anyway. He's proven to be a completely unreliable source over and over.

It sounds like they just opened their mouths before any real ideas were formed, maybe it was something they WANTED to do, but of course, it never materialized. Matt should just stfu most of the time tbh.

I don't think they know what the fuck they are doing they could change their minds and do a few shows around Teignmouth if they wanted to. Why does anyone even listen to Matt one way or the other anyway. He's proven to be a completely unreliable source over and over.

It sounds like they just opened their mouths before any real ideas were formed, maybe it was something they WANTED to do, but of course, it never materialized. Matt should just stfu most of the time tbh.

lol this 100%

Even dom and chris talked about them planning gigs around teignmouth for weeks last year, wasn't just matt

And then it stopped and they started talking about making a new album and how 2014 was only going to be a couple of gigs.

We've had plenty of hints. I suppose the problem is that in no interview they were asked especfically about it or we'd have known for sure sooner.

I don't overly have an issue with it not happening. Sure, I'm fairly disappointed about it, but hey. I only really have one issue with it;

Matt specifically said after Zepp, a gig where extremely rare songs were played, that it was a rehearsal for their 20th anniversary tour. For those of us that weren't fans during the Showbiz and Origin days, this would have been pretty much our only chance to ever get to hear some of those songs live. Specifically saying that we would get our chance, and then taking a complete U-turn on the matter is a pretty shitty move.

Also, if this is really the case and not Matt just talking shit AGAIN then it should have come directly from them via some form of official announcement, like Matt posting on Twitter or something. Yes, he would have been bombarded with hate, but at least he would have been upfront about it. In my opinion it was a lack of professionalism on their behalf to specifically say it would happen and then just hope we'd forget about it.