I'm really hoping they don't do the anniversary show, they might think they've fulfilled requests instead of carrying those songs over next tour as they may or may not intend next time around. I'd rather have them go into the studio with the anniversary in mind knowing they didn't fulfill those desires from fans. I know it's all speculation but still, that's just how it plays out in my head.

But Muse have been absolute assholes about the whole thing, so I don't see what's wrong with a bit of forwardness from the fans.

This.

Also, everyone is going on about how the fans are not entitled to the gig. No one said anyone is entitled to anything. Does the petition say "we want"? No, it says "the fans would love", which is true.

They'd been going on about this damn thing for months and specifically said they were having an anniversary tour. Then interest seemed to completely die on their end. People are also saying they knew how much we wanted it, so doing this tells them nothing new and just makes us look like annoying cunts. I would like to point out that after Zepp there is no public record of any fan ever mentioning it to them, despite the countless who have met them. So, for all we know, they thought we didn't give a shit (unlikely but still valid). Yes, yes, we spam them and anyone involved with them on Twitter, but do they even bother looking at that shit? I highly doubt it, otherwise their phones would be going off every three seconds.

As I've said before, I really don't believe this petition will achieve anything, but would love to be proven wrong. Signing and supporting the petition takes five seconds of your time. Just do it.

Also the people saying they wont support this because they live on the other side of the world and wont be able to go to the gig are being selfish cunts if you ask me. If this is a one off gig, there will be countless of us who are unable to go. Does that mean all shouldn't sign it because we all wont be able to go? Fuck no. You're part of a fucking community as fans of this band whether you like it or not so just get over yourselves.

Album 7 > 20th Anniversary shows. Deal with it :cool::phu:

This is also a fucking retarded way of looking at things. Has album 7 been written? Has it been recorded? Did Muse specifically share it with you and you alone? Unless that's the case then that's a very false assumption. For all we know album 7 will be the biggest pile of shit they've ever put out. "But it'll be rock based with a back-to-their-roots approach!" Yeah. Lovely. Who gives a fuck what kind of album it is? All that matters is it's good. Which we don't know is the case!

Until you can guarantee me with proof that album 7 and the supporting tour will be the greatest event in the history of Muse and better than the feeling of being packed into a club with fellow fans and friends while you all fucking lose your shit to Showbiz and Assassin and fucking Hyper Chondriac Music!!!! then anyone who supports this idea is severely misinformed.

This is also a fucking retarded way of looking at things. Has album 7 been written? Has it been recorded? Did Muse specifically share it with you and you alone? Unless that's the case then that's a very false assumption. For all we know album 7 will be the biggest pile of shit they've ever put out. "But it'll be rock based with a back-to-their-roots approach!" Yeah. Lovely. Who gives a fuck what kind of album it is? All that matters is it's good. Which we don't know is the case!

Until you can guarantee me with proof that album 7 and the supporting tour will be the greatest event in the history of Muse and better than the feeling of being packed into a club with fellow fans and friends while you all fucking lose your shit to Showbiz and Assassin and fucking Hyper Chondriac Music!!!! then anyone who supports this idea is severely misinformed.

lmao I meant it in the way of importance, not what is better. As cool as 20th anniversary shows sound, the chance of them happening is about as likely as me becoming Playboy Playmate of the Year, which is minimal. If the guys want to crack on with album 7, then let them do it, harassing them to do a tour/show is going to make them less likely to want to do it.

How is a petition harassment? :erm:.

Muse did Zepp of their volition and mentiomed numerous times the idea of an anniversary tour, not to mention bringing back a handful of oldies throughout the tour.

I think it's entirely fair game to petition. Sign me up. It's not as if taking a week out of recording to rehearse a few oldies for a couple of anniversary shows is going to be much of a burden.

Also, anyone who gets butthurt about the locations or lack of extensive dates were they to do it, tough luck. That's the worst kind of entitlement, not petitioning the band.

Muse are a global band these days, but their roots are Devon, England - so that makes perfect sense for an anniversary show. Would RATM do an anniversary show anywhere else than LA? I doubt it, and I wouldn't expect it.

Also, anyone who gets butthurt about the locations or lack of extensive dates were they to do it, tough luck. That's the worst kind of entitlement, not petitioning the band.

Easy to say when you'd probably be a train ride away from a possible venue location.

But I do agree being against the petition because it would be inconvenient to you is a shitty reason and as much whining as the petition itself if not more.

Easy to say, perhaps, but that's the reality of the situation. If Muse do a 20th anniversary show - it will likely be in England. It's not like I'm demanding they play in my house.

Still doesn't address the fact there are likely to be 20-30 times more people going for tickets than there are actual tickets. Again, should we bitch about that? No. That's tough titties too.

The one Bellamy said was a warm up for their 20th anniversary show? There's some time recursion going on here.

Things change. Maybe it was too awesome and they decided they can't top that. And the warm up became the thing itself.

Also, everyone is going on about how the fans are not entitled to the gig. No one said anyone is entitled to anything. Does the petition say "we want"? No, it says "the fans would love", which is true.

Also the people saying they wont support this because they live on the other side of the world and wont be able to go to the gig are being selfish cunts if you ask me. If this is a one off gig, there will be countless of us who are unable to go. Does that mean all shouldn't sign it because we all wont be able to go? Fuck no. You're part of a fucking community as fans of this band whether you like it or not so just get over yourselves.

It's not about the exact choice of words, but the act itself and the way it's done. Muse already made up their minds, why insist? It makes it look like fans think they "deserve" the gig.

And lol at the whole "musers r family" point (that's not the reason I'm against the petition anyway)

It's not about the exact choice of words, but the act itself and the way it's done. Muse already made up their minds, why insist? It makes it look like fans think they "deserve" the gig.

And lol at the whole "musers r family" point (that's not the reason I'm against the petition anyway)

It must be weird sitting up there on your high horse, Fabri. It's not about demanding anything or being annoying or being entitled, it's about fans wondering what happened to the anniversary tour that they specifically mentioned several times after playing the most rarity-packed gig ever and then just expected us to forget about it with no mention of what happened to the gigs.

They might have decided that they don't want to play any anniversary gigs or release any old gigs as DVDs/CDs, which is fine. It is annoying, however, that they've not said anything about it, despite having hinted that they would do something for so long.

Arguments on here always seem to come down to semantics, so I won't pass up that opportunity. Nobody's insisting on anything, it's more of a question. So as (I think) Ryan said, people would love them to play, but aren't saying they must play.

It must be weird sitting up there on your high horse, Fabri.

Wut

It's not about demanding anything or being annoying or being entitled, it's about fans wondering what happened to the anniversary tour that they specifically mentioned several times after playing the most rarity-packed gig ever and then just expected us to forget about it with no mention of what happened to the gigs.

No, it's about spoiled european fans* who moan when muse play a rare song in the US, who think it's unfair that "they don't do the same in europe".

I'd be happy with a "release Zepp in any form" petition. Or even happier if we managed to make them tell us why they didn't play any anniversary gigs. But this is bullshit.

*Just talking about who started and who initially supported the petition

Anyway, not much to say in this wholr argument anymore

They might have decided that they don't want to play any anniversary gigs or release any old gigs as DVDs/CDs, which is fine. It is annoying, however, that they've not said anything about it, despite having hinted that they would do something for so long.

Arguments on here always seem to come down to semantics, so I won't pass up that opportunity. Nobody's insisting on anything, it's more of a question. So as (I think) Ryan said, people would love them to play, but aren't saying they must play.

A question that has been made many times in the past, so what's the point? It's done in a petition way so that muse can have a hard time ignoring it one way or the other.

I'd be happy with a "release Zepp in any form" petition. Or even happier if we managed to make them tell us why they didn't play any anniversary gigs. But this is bullshit.

A question that has been made many times in the past, so what's the point? It's done in a petition way so that muse can have a hard time ignoring it one way or the other.

The petition might lead to an answer though. Even if it's a brief answer like "we're working on album 7", that's better than nothing.