Doesn't explain why they kept mentioning it in interviews for a few months though.

The Zepp, or the anniversary gigs?

If I'm being honest, I believe they did intend to try and do those gigs at one point, and it just never panned out for one reason or another.

Either way, they definitely started talking about it WAY too early, and got everyone's hopes up many times.

And it would be really awesome if they would just say "uh... that didn't work out..." instead of letting it just never be spoken of again.

I don't remember reading much about the Zepp gig, other than Tom's Tweet, but that could just be me.

In fact, I think I remember seeing something where Matt even said "most" of the gig was filmed, that made me kinda worried in the first place.

Definitely is a little weird but Matt did say he'd play Muscle Museum next year for Brazil. I'd imagine they're really considering revisiting the older material given what they've already done this tour... A huge step in the right direction after The Resistance tour. If that's true, I'd much rather have them get the album out as soon as possible instead of pissing about with a couple club shows that maybe 20,000 people will be lucky enough to enjoy.

Remember, they did mention something about enjoying the tour next time around. Something about playing one arena gig and playing a theater show for the hardcore fans.

Remember whan Matt promised to get back to Sweden quickly after he broke his foot? Or when Dom said they would play in here in 2013? Or when Matt said they would play here in 2014?

In short. They say a lot of things.

Remember whan Matt promised to get back to Sweden quickly after he broke his foot? Or when Dom said they would play in here in 2013? Or when Matt said they would play here in 2014?

In short. They say a lot of things.

Very true. The one thing I do actually believe them on is the stuff we know about the next album. It's been said enough times to the point where I actually believe them for once and when asked about why they didn't play Muscle Museum, Chris or someone said it was because "it didn't fit with our current stuff". If their new stuff sounds like their old stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of Showbiz/Muscle Museum and even more b-sides.

Either way, playing several covers, plenty of oldies (B&H/Bliss/Micro Cuts/Citizen Erased/Hyper Music/Fury/Futurism/Dead Star/Agitated/Yes Please/Sunburn/Falling Down, from what I can remember, probably more) is a massive step in the right direction, especially after thinking things would never go back to how they were during The Resistance tour. Good things are ahead, I'm sure. Regardless of whether they do the anniversary tour or not.

It's totally gonna happen now

:chuckle:

But tbh, even if it somehow did happen, I'd think it was a little unfair on those that didn't get a chance to see it because of location/venue size. One show isn't really enough for something like that, too many people/hardcores would still miss out

I wouldn't give up on Zepp just yet :shifty:

I had to give up for my sanity. I just wanted it too bad. :'(

Now, if it happens, I'll be EXTRA happy, instead of being upset if it doesn't.

That one in focus, NSFW vid of PS also kinda had something to do with changing my mind. :chuckle:

But tbh, even if it somehow did happen, I'd think it was a little unfair on those that didn't get a chance to see it because of location/venue size. One show isn't really enough for something like that, too many people/hardcores would still miss out

I actually was more excited about Matt's other idea for the anniversary, which was putting out footage of a bunch of rare gigs from throughout their career.

That would have been universal for the fans, and pretty exciting.

Of course, that came up once, and never again, but it would have gotten my vote.

Why is this getting to you so much? There's 99% certainty that this will achieve nothing, but hey, who knows? Supporting it can't hurt.

At this point the petition is just nagging and is making fans come across as having a sense of entitlement about it.

Thank you :kiss:

I too would want to go to a special occasion like that. But it's not like they HAVE to do it. Muse chose to not play anniversary gigs so they can go to the studio as soon as possible, it should be enough for the fans to shut up and accept it.

I'm not sure it's been thought through very carefully. If they just played one small show, can you imagine the chaos on here/on Twitter when 90% of their 'hardcore' fans failed to get tickets (which would inevitably happen)

Just let them get on with the album I say