Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the Travelodge going by thre reviews I read. I would have preferred the hostel, but everyone in my group but me wanted to do the Travelodge because the cost per person is less. Ah well, it's a place to sleep - doesn't need to be fancy! But hopefully we'll be lucky and have a good experience there!

I hope it will be ok there. We can always re book the Hostel if you guys want. I think less per person sounded better to everyone. I was trying to see how much parking was going to cost today. ouch.

I don't even want to imagine how everyone is going to feel come April, if the lineup is announced without Muse on it.

I need this one to have something to look forward to.

I need it to look forward to too. Im going if Muse plays or not, but still, It'll be so :supersad: if they don't

They have to come. I'm apparently only allowed to see Muse in cities beginning with the letter "C", so Chicago will fit right into my sig . . .

Its the "C" tour!!! :LOL:

Make sure you check both Chicago airports too. I've got a travelocity notice about fares to London, so I'll post if I see a deal.

Thanks:) I believe only one of the two airports is an international airport though?

Is Columbus any cheaper? I doubt it is but if so you could ride to Chicago with me, its about a 6 1/2 hr drive though.

Will check that out now!

Yeah I don't like feeling like a bitch and pushing my way up. Not to mention, you can do that, but you still won't get actual barrier. 2nd row at much. People at barrier will be territorial. :LOL:

Haley (and any other veteran festival attendee): Could you treat barrier like a queue line? Someone bring a sharpie, we all put a "B" on our hands and that way we know who has barrier. Then, if someone needs to run grab some food or use the bathroom, they can come back? I know a lot of it will depend on whose behind us and whether they will be allowed back up, but it's just a thought. Now obviously, someone can't come up, get their B, and then go make the rounds and listen to the other bands. It would be for short trips only! Anyways, just a thought.

Gretchen - we thought about the hostel, but since "the Enabler 2" is coming, he didn't want to have to sleep in different rooms :eyebrows: He's a big baby when it comes to sleeping, so it's best this way. Whatever, he's paying for it. Fine with me.

So, yeah, April is a long time away. But, even though my gut tells me Muse will do it, I don't want to get myself too excited about it. It will be a big letdown if they don't do it, but I am still pumped to be going anyways. It's gonna be :awesome:!!

I might be up for this as well. I have never been to lolla, much less any festival concert so I have no idea what to expect.

This is probably a really dumb question, but if Muse do headline, does that mean they will play Saturday or Sunday night?

It could be Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. The 'headliner' act usually just means the last one for the night.

Haley (and any other veteran festival attendee): Could you treat barrier like a queue line? Someone bring a sharpie, we all put a "B" on our hands and that way we know who has barrier. Then, if someone needs to run grab some food or use the bathroom, they can come back? I know a lot of it will depend on whose behind us and whether they will be allowed back up, but it's just a thought. Now obviously, someone can't come up, get their B, and then go make the rounds and listen to the other bands. It would be for short trips only! Anyways, just a thought.

Nah. I mean, between acts you can squeeze your way out and in, especially in the morning before 1 or 2pm. If you come back the same way you came in they should let you back in. People aren't that mean. Once it gets to like 6pm though everyone is standing and more packed together so it's not worth the risk. More people start camping around for a good spot. Dicks aren't gonna care whether we have Bs on our hands. Best thing really is to just bring things like a towel to mark your territory earlier in the day (they will get stepped on later though), be prepared with water bottles and sneak some small snack foods in in a backpack (definitely bring a backpack if you're camping a the barrier, or at least a bag of stuff like a poncho, sunscreen, etc. Easier to hide things in a backpack though), and befriend the people around you so you can run away to the bathroom at least. The BEST time to go is right when an act ends and a lot of people are leaving (also the best time to move forward if you're coming later...). Also be prepared: if it's sunny at all, you will BAKE in the sun. I bring SPF 90+ sunscreen, hahaha. :LOL:

Also be prepared: if it's sunny at all, you will BAKE in the sun. I bring SPF 90+ sunscreen, hahaha. :LOL:

Aww, my poor little skin...

I do believe I wish to attend this festival.

Don't bring the sunscreen in the aeresol cans though. My co-worker had hers confiscated at the gate last year. The regular squeeze bottle stuff is OK though.

Don't bring the sunscreen in the aeresol cans though. My co-worker had hers confiscated at the gate last year. The regular squeeze bottle stuff is OK though.

I don't even think they have SPF90+ in spray format. :LOL: It's really thick lotion and takes quite awhile to apply, but boy does it work! Talk about sun BLOCK.

Nah. I mean, between acts you can squeeze your way out and in, especially in the morning before 1 or 2pm. If you come back the same way you came in they should let you back in. People aren't that mean. Once it gets to like 6pm though everyone is standing and more packed together so it's not worth the risk. More people start camping around for a good spot. Dicks aren't gonna care whether we have Bs on our hands. Best thing really is to just bring things like a towel to mark your territory earlier in the day (they will get stepped on later though), be prepared with water bottles and sneak some small snack foods in in a backpack (definitely bring a backpack if you're camping a the barrier, or at least a bag of stuff like a poncho, sunscreen, etc. Easier to hide things in a backpack though), and befriend the people around you so you can run away to the bathroom at least. The BEST time to go is right when an act ends and a lot of people are leaving (also the best time to move forward if you're coming later...). Also be prepared: if it's sunny at all, you will BAKE in the sun. I bring SPF 90+ sunscreen, hahaha. :LOL:

good to know you can do quick bathroom breaks :D

I guess the day Muse play we'll just have to get an army of Muse fans on the barrier to save spots/fight off the hordes for one another :p

I hope it will be ok there. We can always re book the Hostel if you guys want. I think less per person sounded better to everyone. I was trying to see how much parking was going to cost today. ouch.
I'm sure it'll be fine, but like I said, going by reviews, I wasn't keen on it. And I really didn't care that the hostel cost more; but I was in the minority there. Anyway, I'm past the point of caring any more; we have a place to stay, that's all that matters (and besides, we won't be there much anyway!).

"C" is for cities, where I can go see Muse! (Sung to "C" is for Cookie)
:chuckle:

I don't even think they have SPF90+ in spray format. :LOL: It's really thick lotion and takes quite awhile to apply, but boy does it work! Talk about sun BLOCK.
SPF90 it is!! I burn very easily (don't tan at all!).

I guess the day Muse play we'll just have to get an army of Muse fans on the barrier to save spots/fight off the hordes for one another :p
+1!!!

seriously... if this happens... it's not gonna be "the muser get-together" or "musers at barrier". it's gonna be like... the freakin' muse army or militia. :LOL: i pity the fool who tries to get crazy with us waiting at barrier... ESPECIALLY in chicago august heat.

That was funny! We'll be the Muse-litia :D:LOL:

seriously... if this happens... it's not gonna be "the muser get-together" or "musers at barrier". it's gonna be like... the freakin' muse army or militia. :LOL: i pity the fool who tries to get crazy with us waiting at barrier... ESPECIALLY in chicago august heat.

That was funny! We'll be the Muse-litia :D:LOL:

:LOL: It's gonna be a total take-over. I love it :awesome::chuckle:

Unless it turns out Muse isn't playing after all and then this is all pointless. *trying not to get hopes up too too much to avoid possible bitter disapponitment in April*

with me... there's no point in trying to not get my hopes up. they are already are. SKY fucking HIGH. luckily, i kinda know how to deal with "not see muse" depression.

...and i plan on spending that extra cash to go where ever they are next year. i.e. bonaroo. :ninja:

:LOL: I will probably attempt to do the same :LOL: If they do any sort of festival in the US next summer, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to be there.

But I'm still hoping it'll be Lolla ;)

That's one thing I am not looking forward to: Chicago August heat/sun. I don't do well with either. Had to sit on that awful barrier-metal floor at Voodoo all freaking day long (even when other bands were playing) to escape the worst of the sun and I still got burned to a crisp. Someone gave me some 100 SPF sunblock and even that didn't help all that much.

now you've got me worried.:supersad: We had both booked, but the Travelodge did end up a lot cheaper per person (with AAA discount) It seemed everyone wanted to go with it being cheaper and all. I canceled the hostel (when I booked the hostel, he said it didnt require any deposit, but we had a room of 8 booked, not just 1 person if that makes a difference) Oh well, I dont think we will be there much anyway. I hope it'll be ok:(

I'm sure it will be fine! And since you're driving, throw some bottles of Febreeze in the car, just in case. :LOL: The fam has officially decided that they don't want to play in other parts of Chicago while I'm at Lolla, so I'm flying solo. Hotel doesn't make any sense if it's just me, so looks like it's definitely the hostel option.

Archived