I've heard that rumor from more that one source.

Me too. I think they are coming out with a new album, so they will have to do something to make themselves relevant again. Dont' mean to hate on The REM, but I only liked their older stuff. I guess that's a common theme around the threads, huh ;) Now, Foos and APC have never failed to impress :D

my dream lolla lineup headliners for the main stage:

muse

daft punk

RHCP

foo fighters

bloc party (hey a girl can dream)

radiohead

for perry's:

the prodigy

pendulum

deadmau5

tiesto

I want them to get Empire of the Sun back. Or SOME festival to, please! And on a bigger stage!

As for me:

Foo Fighters

Muse

The White Stripes

And then I want the other 3 to be acts I DON'T want to see, like the Beastie Boys, so it's an easy choice for me. :LOL:

Me too. I think they are coming out with a new album, so they will have to do something to make themselves relevant again. Dont' mean to hate on The REM, but I only liked their older stuff. I guess that's a common theme around the threads, huh ;) Now, Foos and APC have never failed to impress :D

I completely agree with you on REM ~ I really only like their old stuff as well. My favorite *gasp* cassette (I know, I just dated myself) in college was Dead Letter Office, which was strictly B-sides and rarities. I've liked everything I've heard from FF, and I'm going to have to check out APC now, as I'm not familiar with them.

I completely agree with you on REM ~ I really only like their old stuff as well. My favorite *gasp* cassette (I know, I just dated myself) in college was Dead Letter Office, which was strictly B-sides and rarities. I've liked everything I've heard from FF, and I'm going to have to check out APC now, as I'm not familiar with them.

I agree with you guys, I like the older stuff too. The cassette thing...I just pre ordered the NIN Pretty Hate Machine remastered CD, and It made me laugh and feel reaaalllyy old because I had it on cassette.

I want them to get Empire of the Sun back. Or SOME festival to, please! And on a bigger stage!

As for me:

Foo Fighters

Muse

The White Stripes

And then I want the other 3 to be acts I DON'T want to see, like the Beastie Boys, so it's an easy choice for me. :LOL:

Ok if Foo, Muse & White Stripes happen, . . . there are no words. I have always wanted to see White Stripes live. So Goood :D

As for me:

Foo Fighters

Muse

The White Stripes

The White Stripes would be awesome! Not a huge fan, don't even own any of their albums (yet), but I will forever kick myself for not going to see them when they were here 3 years ago. I heard it was an awesome show.

I agree with you guys, I like the older stuff too. The cassette thing...I just pre ordered the NIN Pretty Hate Machine remastered CD, and It made me laugh and feel reaaalllyy old because I had it on cassette.

:chuckle: I have SOOOOO many cassettes that need to be "upgraded" . . .

Ok if Foo, Muse & White Stripes happen, . . . there are no words. I have always wanted to see White Stripes live. So Goood :D

The White Stripes would be awesome! Not a huge fan, don't even own any of their albums (yet), but I will forever kick myself for not going to see them when they were here 3 years ago. I heard it was an awesome show.

The White Stripes would be :awesome:

:chuckle: I have SOOOOO many cassettes that need to be "upgraded" . . .

:LOL: I think Ive gotten rid of, worn out, or pitched most of mine. Ive replaced my favorites with CDs over the years. :p

When Muse headlined Lolla in 07, Silverchair played on that same stage earlier in the day. That would MAKE. MY. MILLENIUM. if that happened again. Silverchair are my #2 band. To see them both in one go....sorry, can't imagine it. My mind could very well implode from trying. But with them hopefully having their new album out by the time lolla happens....maybe...just maybe....

:chuckle: I actually think I may still have my cassette in a trunk in my basement.

my dream lolla lineup headliners for the main stage:

muse

daft punk

RHCP

foo fighters

bloc party (hey a girl can dream)

radiohead

for perry's:

the prodigy

pendulum

deadmau5

tiesto

I think for me, the all-time dream line-up would go it would go:

Muse

REM

TOOL

Foo Fighters

Rollins Band (or just Henry Rollins, maybe as a duet with William Shatner)

The Whigs

Arctic Monkeys

So this year's looking like its gonna be as close as it will get!

I think for me, the all-time dream line-up would go it would go:

MuseREM

TOOL

Foo Fighters

Rollins Band (or just Henry Rollins, maybe as a duet with William Shatner)

The Whigs

Arctic Monkeys

So this year's looking like its gonna be as close as it will get!

YES. REM and Arctic Monkeys. I actually just recently got into AM and am obsessed.

I'll be sooo happy if Arctic Monkeys play!!!!

I'd die of happiness if Muse and Arctic Monkeys both headlined. :happy: My 2 favorite bands...

Archived