This is growing epicer and epicer by the day. Muse better play this.:LOL: I'm thinking about booking a hotel now just to be sure. I have a good friend in Chicago and a cousin, either would be cool to stay with, but I'd hate to rely on that and then find they're out of town that week or something. Plus I really want to be at the heart of the Muser party! :dance:

I'm only like 1 1/2 hours away by train, but I'm considering staying at the hostel just because it would be a pain to get back & forth to the train station from Grant Park. And it would probably be pretty late before I got home each night & I'd have to get up early the next day to get on the train again. I would rather get a room in the hostel on the cheap so I can hang out with some great Musers after the shows every night! :party:

The only problem- my husband... if I tell him I want to stay in a hostel he'll freak out and think I'm going to be murdered. :rolleyes:

Still haven't figured out the price difference in the beds? Can anyone enlighten me?

Husbands, what are we going to do with them. Mine just told me he wanted to go a day early to do touristy stuff on Thursday before the festival.

This is growing epicer and epicer by the day. Muse better play this.:LOL: I'm thinking about booking a hotel now just to be sure. I have a good friend in Chicago and a cousin, either would be cool to stay with, but I'd hate to rely on that and then find they're out of town that week or something. Plus I really want to be at the heart of the Muser party! :dance:

DO IT! Book one at Travelodge Chicago. They won't charge you now, and you can cancel or transfer your registration if you decide not to go. I know a lot of people are staying at the hostel, but for those that want hotel - I'm really pushing for the TL to be the Muser hotel. I mean, it's DIRECTLY across the street from the park. I don't even understand how they have rooms still available, but they do. Go figure. Probably a dump, but I don't care. I'm only there to sleep, ya know.

Still haven't figured out the price difference in the beds? Can anyone enlighten me?

No clue :LOL: I called and booked my bed today and they automatically gave me the "economy" one. According to the confirmation e-mail I got, it's the one that costs a tiny bit more. But it's not enough of a difference that it really matters to me :LOL:

Apparently booking online has given people issues so you may end up having to call anyway. See what they say, I guess!

Hmmm . . . maybe we get your husband & daughter to meet up in Chicago with my husband and kids, and then they can all play together there while we "older & smutty musers" (<- would it be wrong to put that on a shirt?) go play at Lolla.

Oh, I love it when a plan comes together! :yesey:

:LOL: maybe we need a sitter center at muser meets for hubbys and kids. Im pretty sure at least the smutty part will catch the guys attention :p

Husbands, what are we going to do with them. Mine just told me he wanted to go a day early to do touristy stuff on Thursday before the festival.

DO IT! Book one at Travelodge Chicago. They won't charge you now, and you can cancel or transfer your registration if you decide not to go. I know a lot of people are staying at the hostel, but for those that want hotel - I'm really pushing for the TL to be the Muser hotel. I mean, it's DIRECTLY across the street from the park. I don't even understand how they have rooms still available, but they do. Go figure. Probably a dump, but I don't care. I'm only there to sleep, ya know.

I like the idea of being able to cancel or transfer if needed. :D We might end up doing the Travelodge.

So is it safe to say we might as well plan a Muser meet-up given the strong possibility of Muse at Lolla? I'd be down to lend a hand given Im a short hop up I-65 from Chicago. I Imagine I could get the days off to get something together. All we need is Muse to confirm in April....

I like the idea of being able to cancel or transfer if needed. :D We might end up doing the Travelodge.

You can book a cancellable reservation at the TL, or go ahead and confirm the rooms and get 30% off. We ended up paying around $360 for 3 nights, versus $510.

So is it safe to say we might as well plan a Muser meet-up given the strong possibility of Muse at Lolla? I'd be down to lend a hand given Im a short hop up I-65 from Chicago. I Imagine I could get the days off to get something together. All we need is Muse to confirm in April....

Looks like a lot of here are planning to go, even on the off chance Muse does not play. I'd be down for getting together a Muser meetup no matter what.

Yeah, definitely! Have to say it IS unlikely I'll be able to afford the flights but I shall keep checking prices.

Will you be staying at the hostel if you go? I don't so much mind being in a dorm with strangers but would be nice to know there are at least other people somewhere in the building I've met before!:LOL::LOL:

Speaking of the hostel, I still don't get why the 'budget' beds are more expensive than the other beds??

Edit to add, looked at the Travelodge....way too expensive for me.

We've booked a room at the Travelodge Chicago, right across the street from Grant Park. I just checked and they still have rooms available. I would love to be at a Musey-hotel block party :D

Blimey! Could you imagine an entire floor of Musers!

Have booked it just in case Muse are confirmed. Me and the boy are heading 2 festivals next year so what the hey!

Yup! That's were me, Haley, and a few other people on the thread have already booked :happy:

Cheers! Does that mean you'll all be guaranteed to be staying in the same dorm? Did you do a group booking? What type of beds did you book?

Cheers! Does that mean you'll all be guaranteed to be staying in the same dorm? Did you do a group booking? What type of beds did you book?

We did individual bookings, so we might not be in the same dorm (although, to me, it's not a huge huge deal. Just being in the same hostel is enough for me :p)

I had to do my booking over the phone (the website wasn't accepting my credit card) so I didn't get an option, they just automatically gave me one of the "economy" beds. But if you end up having to call, you could probably ask about different options :happy:

I'm so excited you guys :dance:

Who's interested in splitting a hotel?

I considered a hotel but having looked at HI Chicago I now know I can stay six nights for an amazing $155/£95! Reviews are good and it's near the park so that will be my choice should I be able to go :)

If I need to cancel, all I'll lose is $7/£4.30!

We did individual bookings, so we might not be in the same dorm (although, to me, it's not a huge huge deal. Just being in the same hostel is enough for me :p)

I had to do my booking over the phone (the website wasn't accepting my credit card) so I didn't get an option, they just automatically gave me one of the "economy" beds. But if you end up having to call, you could probably ask about different options :happy:

I've emailed them asking what the difference is, will post the reply:)

I considered a hotel but having looked at HI Chicago I now know I can stay six nights for an amazing $155/£95! Reviews are good and it's near the park so that will be my choice should I be able to go :)

If I need to cancel, all I'll lose is $7/£4.30!

Hmm...that price is super tempting. But I do enjoy the added privacy and comfort of a hotel room. I'll have to think this over tonight. :unsure: That price is too good to pass up.

Hmm...that price is super tempting. But I do enjoy the added privacy and comfort of a hotel room. I'll have to think this over tonight. :unsure: That price is too good to pass up.

If I was going to be having a leisurely, sightseeing trip then I'd be more likely to consider a hotel as I'd be spending a fair amount of time in the room. As this is just for the festival, I'll only be using it as a base in which to sleep and shower so am not fussed about the lack of privacy. So long as you take a modest something to sleep in nobody will see anything they shouldn't!:D

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=8646309&postcount=92

Already got this covered.

For the price of the hostel you can't beat it. If you plan to be at the festival all day then the room is there just to sleep. For the price of the total stay at the hostel you are paying what some hotel rooms are charging for one night stay.

I wonder if a list was sent in by the 1st of June or so if they'd put everyone in the same dorm? The worst they could do is say no, and possibly everyone gets put in together?

So I really want to go to Lolla next year, even if Muse don't play, and I've never been to Chicago, so I want to try to make it a week long trip. See the sights, try the food, and see an epic music fest :awesome: I've been debating between a hotel and the hostel, but I don't really know anything about hostels. I know you share a room with random people, but is it safe to leave your stuff there while you're gone? Or do you take everything with you? I was just wondering if someone more knowledgable than myself could give me an idea what I'd be getting myself into if I go the very tempting, cheaper route. :unsure:

I wonder if a list was sent in by the 1st of June or so if they'd put everyone in the same dorm? The worst they could do is say no, and possibly everyone gets put in together?

That's actually a good idea! Maybe when it's closer, we can make a list of everyone who asked for a room in that hostel and see if it's possible! :)

Archived