seriously... if this happens... it's not gonna be "the muser get-together" or "musers at barrier". it's gonna be like... the freakin' muse army or militia. :LOL: i pity the fool who tries to get crazy with us waiting at barrier... ESPECIALLY in chicago august heat.

I can see it now, Musers armed with Mansons telling non-fans to "Sit the f*ck down", unleashing all the crazy things Musers do to those who try to get in the way...

I just wonder how long I'd hold up in the heat if I finished and brought the LED suit I was working on for halloween ;)

I can see it now, Musers armed with Mansons telling non-fans to "Sit the f*ck down", unleashing all the crazy things Musers do to those who try to get in the way...

I just wonder how long I'd hold up in the heat if I finished and brought the LED suit I was working on for halloween ;)

:LOL:

:LOL: I will probably attempt to do the same :LOL: If they do any sort of festival in the US next summer, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to be there.

But I'm still hoping it'll be Lolla ;)

I had thought about doing Lolla regardless, but realised that if they don't do it, but another one, well I have to go to the other one!! But I'm already so excited about Lolla; they just have to play there, I (and a lot of other people) will be so disappointed if they don't!

:chuckle:

Also be prepared: if it's sunny at all, you will BAKE in the sun. I bring SPF 90+ sunscreen, hahaha. :LOL:
Love the high SPF sunscreen...that was my savior this year xD. Neutrogenia makes some very high spf sunblocks (pricey too, as far as sunblocks go). They work really well even when I'm in the boat all day sweating and getting the "ocean spray" when moving.

We'll be the Muse-litia :D:LOL:

I'll cut a bitch. barrier is srs bsns. :ninja:

That's one thing I am not looking forward to: Chicago August heat/sun. I don't do well with either. Had to sit on that awful barrier-metal floor at Voodoo all freaking day long (even when other bands were playing) to escape the worst of the sun and I still got burned to a crisp. Someone gave me some 100 SPF sunblock and even that didn't help all that much.

A long sleeved white shirt is sometimes the lesser of two evils. It won't help with the heat, but will save your skin from burning terribly. And don't forget the floppy hat. Mine is so floppy that it can be collapsed into a purse or backpack. :)

A long sleeved white shirt is sometimes the lesser of two evils. It won't help with the heat, but will save your skin from burning terribly. And don't forget the floppy hat. Mine is so floppy that it can be collapsed into a purse or backpack. :)

The hat is a pretty good idea actually. I'll get me one of those before I go! :D

The hat is a pretty good idea actually. I'll get me one of those before I go! :D

Yeah don't want your scalp burning. Only thing I messed up on last Lolla. And Voodoo weather should be comparable to Lolla unless it rains. Was 80s last year I think. Though if you can't take that, I'd recommend never doing Bonnaroo, Coachella, or ACL. You'd DIE. :LOL:

seriously... if this happens... it's not gonna be "the muser get-together" or "musers at barrier". it's gonna be like... the freakin' muse army or militia. :LOL: i pity the fool who tries to get crazy with us waiting at barrier... ESPECIALLY in chicago august heat.

That was funny! We'll be the Muse-litia :D:LOL:

:LOL::LOL: muse-litia FTW

I had thought about doing Lolla regardless, but realised that if they don't do it, but another one, well I have to go to the other one!! But I'm already so excited about Lolla; they just have to play there, I (and a lot of other people) will be so disappointed if they don't!

oh sh!t...if we make all these plans and they don't do lolla but do somewhere else:supersad:

I usually tan pretty well and rarely burn...by August I should be good:D but I will have sunscreen with me of course. ;)

:LOL::LOL: muse-litia FTW

oh sh!t...if we make all these plans and they don't do lolla but do somewhere else:supersad:

I usually tan pretty well and rarely burn...by August I should be good:D but I will have sunscreen with me of course. ;)

Where else would they played here? They did 2 of the big 4 this year and Voodoo, so all that's left is Bonnaroo and Lolla, and Lolla is way more likely than Roo...

H

Yeah don't want your scalp burning. Only thing I messed up on last Lolla. And Voodoo weather should be comparable to Lolla unless it rains. Was 80s last year I think. Though if you can't take that, I'd recommend never doing Bonnaroo, Coachella, or ACL. You'd DIE. :LOL:

Yes, I know, and I live in TX... :facepalm:

true. I can't really see them at Bonnaroo:noey::D

Neither can I tbh, although I'd probably like to see it just for the weirdness of it.

Nah. I mean, between acts you can squeeze your way out and in, especially in the morning before 1 or 2pm. If you come back the same way you came in they should let you back in. People aren't that mean. Once it gets to like 6pm though everyone is standing and more packed together so it's not worth the risk. More people start camping around for a good spot. Dicks aren't gonna care whether we have Bs on our hands. Best thing really is to just bring things like a towel to mark your territory earlier in the day (they will get stepped on later though), be prepared with water bottles and sneak some small snack foods in in a backpack (definitely bring a backpack if you're camping a the barrier, or at least a bag of stuff like a poncho, sunscreen, etc. Easier to hide things in a backpack though), and befriend the people around you so you can run away to the bathroom at least. The BEST time to go is right when an act ends and a lot of people are leaving (also the best time to move forward if you're coming later...). Also be prepared: if it's sunny at all, you will BAKE in the sun. I bring SPF 90+ sunscreen, hahaha. :LOL:

So if I'm camping at barrier, I don't have to worry about not going to the bathroom for 11 hours? I mean you can get out and back into barrier? That's my only problem with this. I could care less about the heat or anything but I don't want to stay barrier all day and then have to go to the bathroom and screw everything up.

So if I'm camping at barrier, I don't have to worry about not going to the bathroom for 11 hours? I mean you can get out and back into barrier? That's my only problem with this. I could care less about the heat or anything but I don't want to stay barrier all day and then have to go to the bathroom and screw everything up.

Exactly what I was thinking :yesey: My only issue would be the bathroom thing :LOL: But even then, I would find a way. :LOL:

T

It was easy to do so at Voodoo, but not Coachella. It depends on the crowd.

Where else would they played here? They did 2 of the big 4 this year and Voodoo, so all that's left is Bonnaroo and Lolla, and Lolla is way more likely than Roo...

I agree that Lolla is a better fit, but the only reason I am really thinking about 'Roo also is because that is the last 'major' one in the US that they have not done. Tool and The Prodigy have headlined 'Roo, and they are a not what I would have imagined as a 'typical' act either.

Just to be on the safe side, we are planning on both. :D

Oh yeah agreed. I just wouldn't drink anything the whole day or eat much either. That sounds kind of bad but I've done it before anyway. And it would be worth it so who cares :LOL:

well when kanye headlined lolla, i was at barrier all day. i drank a lot of water in the beginning of the day, went to the bathroom around 2-3, and was ok pushing back through. i think if you hydrate early enough, you should be fine. and bring snacks.

I agree that Lolla is a better fit, but the only reason I am really thinking about 'Roo also is because that is the last 'major' one in the US that they have not done. Tool and The Prodigy have headlined 'Roo, and they are a not what I would have imagined as a 'typical' act either.

Just to be on the safe side, we are planning on both. :D

the prodigy headlined roo once?!

FFUU. i want to see them SO bad. and pendulum.

Guys, there is to be no dancing, air instruments, or singing at this festival what so ever. :p

/off topic.

The Prodigy would be.....:ohmy: so much awesome packed in one night. :awesome:

:LOL::LOL: and since i'm tall, i can't be at barrier of course.

and shelb... you can't make out with your boyfriend. i'm so sorry.

if the prodigy played lolla, i seriously would DIE. like... OMFG.

:LOL::LOL: and since i'm tall, i can't be at barrier of course.

and shelb... you can't make out with your boyfriend. i'm so sorry.

if the prodigy played lolla, i seriously would DIE. like... OMFG.

He never said what exactly what "tall" was. :p So I think you're good. Don't know, would have to ask him. :LOL:

:supersad: Might as well file us into boy-girl line formation and seperate the guys from the girls. :rolleyes:

:yesey: I would really like to see either Foo or Radiohead there to be honest. :$ No one shoot me please. Lol. Cause I think they're both coming out with new albums soon? :erm:

He never said what exactly what "tall" was. :p So I think you're good. Don't know, would have to ask him. :LOL:

:supersad: Might as well file us into boy-girl line formation and seperate the guys from the girls. :rolleyes:

:yesey: I would really like to see either Foo or Radiohead there to be honest. :$ No one shoot me please. Lol. Cause I think they're both coming out with new albums soon? :erm:

i want Foo. really bad. never seen them and yeah, they have a new album coming out. not sure about radiohead though.

i want Foo. really bad. never seen them and yeah, they have a new album coming out. not sure about radiohead though.

I think Foo would be a great headliner! Haven't heard much from them with Them Crooked Vultures doing 2 albums and touring last year. (which was awesome!!) By the way, speaking of TCV - anybody know when that 2nd album is coming out? I had read late 2010, and well, there is less than 2 months in 2010 and I'm getting restless.

Archived