i actually wasn't at barrier. i had some friends who were. i wanted to see other bands so i ended up walking over to main stage around 3pm so i could be halfway back. decent view.

VIP passes: well, you could possibly win them somehow, whether it's a radio contest or you play a game somewhere on the festival grounds and they give em to you. (haley and i got sidestage to metric at lolla at the playstation tent.) but for the big names, you just have to know "someone" or the artist to get VIP passes. i know some people who prob could get some for me... *crossing my fingers*

Okay. Thanks for the info :D I think I'll just go GA. Good luck getting the VIP passes though!

Haley, I will never ever ever forget your birthday for the rest of life. It's the same as my oldest daughters. Just thought you should know. ;)

Woo! :awesome:

And I'd be totally up for 6 Flags. When I book flights and stuff later, I guess I'll then go try and change my hostel reservation. It all depends on that... (unless I'm staying with someone for freeeeee, hahaha). ;)

i actually wasn't at barrier. i had some friends who were. i wanted to see other bands so i ended up walking over to main stage around 3pm so i could be halfway back. decent view.

Really? I got there at 6pm, was about halfway back for the YYYs and just followed a river of people up and ended up on barrier for Muse :LOL: I guess that's just my luck.

i saw muse when they were at lolla in 07 and it was AMAZING. ppl ran to barrier when the gates opened. if they play lolla, unless some epic band is playing or i get my hands on VIP tix, i'll be waiting all day for muse.

i'll prob book at the HI with carina and shelby later on in the year.

someone mentioned six flags trip. would anyone want to go to six flags the thurs before lolla? that would be an awesome trip.

Meeeeeee! :D

And yeah, me and the bro-sters are planning on waiting all day for muse.

PS: it looks like my cousin might coming with. If that's the case, then he and my bro will be getting their own room. And I'll just crash with you guys. :awesome:

Hotel is booked (Travelodge)! :dance: Most of my group is planning on going even if Muse isn't going to be there. I've never done a festival like this before - I'm pretty excited. Should be an awesome time!! And I've never been to Chicago before, so looking forward to that too!

:D:dance: We're going to have the best room hahah we got Catherine ;) Oh boy there will be laughs :LOL:

Its gona be so much fun!! :D and laughs :yesey:

Woohoo - Muser hotel block party shaping up. :musesign::\mm/:

definitely!!! :dance::awesome:

I so excited, I cant wait! We will have fun even if Muse doesn't play ( but still hopin they do. :D)

i saw muse when they were at lolla in 07 and it was AMAZING. ppl ran to barrier when the gates opened. if they play lolla, unless some epic band is playing or i get my hands on VIP tix, i'll be waiting all day for muse.

i'll prob book at the HI with carina and shelby later on in the year.

someone mentioned six flags trip. would anyone want to go to six flags the thurs before lolla? that would be an awesome trip.

:awesome::yesey:

Down for both the hostel and six flags idea. :happy:

Really? I got there at 6pm, was about halfway back for the YYYs and just followed a river of people up and ended up on barrier for Muse :LOL: I guess that's just my luck.

well bear in mind that at that time, i wasn't as crazed of a fan as i am now, so barrier wasn't a priority then. :LOL: i was content where i was, plus was with other friends who didn't want to be right in front. i'm sure if we pushed up, we could have made it.

Meeeeeee! :D

And yeah, me and the bro-sters are planning on waiting all day for muse.

PS: it looks like my cousin might coming with. If that's the case, then he and my bro will be getting their own room. And I'll just crash with you guys. :awesome:

YAY! and ok cool. i told shelby, who wants to room with us (shelbmuse), we'll go ahead and set it up in like jan or feb.

:awesome::yesey:

Down for both the hostel and six flags idea. :happy:

:awesome:

this six flags trip will be amazing.

AGENTHAL: i'm sure we could work it out so you have somewhere to sleep that extra night.

anyone else interested in six flags the thurs before? i'll prob rent an SUV or something and we can drive up there. it's about an hr away.

I am in for Six Flags- already got my season pass for next year! :D Still trying to talk the hubby into the hostel- but he's being such a buzzkill. Now he is refusing to go all 3 days. He says one day is enough for him so he just wants to ride the train there and back. :( How did I end up married to such a stick-in-the-mud? I think I may have to just leave him at home. He actually told me he hates Muse. :noey: Why can't I have one of those nice, supportive non-muser husbands? sorry, rant

I am in for Six Flags- already got my season pass for next year! :D Still trying to talk the hubby into the hostel- but he's being such a buzzkill. Now he is refusing to go all 3 days. He says one day is enough for him so he just wants to ride the train there and back. :( How did I end up married to such a stick-in-the-mud? I think I may have to just leave him at home. He actually told me he hates Muse. :noey: Why can't I have one of those nice, supportive non-muser husbands? sorry, rant

Have him read some of the reviews of the Travelodge. The hostel will start to look pretty gosh darn appealing. I'm actually starting to consider it myself. And after the Muse comment (:eek:), it may be best that he's left at home. Seriously.

I'd be going on my own, wouldn't even hesitate with an attitude like that!:LOL::LOL:

Have him read some of the reviews of the Travelodge. The hostel will start to look pretty gosh darn appealing. I'm actually starting to consider it myself. And after the Muse comment (:eek:), it may be best that he's left at home. Seriously.

Someone, can't remember who, posted on my facebook saying they've stayed at the hostel and that it's great!

Hates Muse? :eek: Divorce him! :yesey:

Someone, can't remember who, posted on my facebook saying they've stayed at the hostel and that it's great!

Yeah, I looked at the website a bit, and they had the thing about Girl Scouts staying there. After that, I remembered some other leaders talking about staying there (I'm only about a 3 hour drive from there, and several troops do overnight trips to Chicago), and that it was fine. If they've given a stamp of OK (and I'm sure GS would have taken that program off the site if they had found it to be in the least bit sketchy), I'm sure it's fine. Actually, it looks better than fine. I've just got to decide whether or not to commit to it before the lineup comes out. I've got to go back and see what they charge for parking as well.

Yeah, I looked at the website a bit, and they had the thing about Girl Scouts staying there. After that, I remembered some other leaders talking about staying there (I'm only about a 3 hour drive from there, and several troops do overnight trips to Chicago), and that it was fine. If they've given a stamp of OK (and I'm sure GS would have taken that program off the site if they had found it to be in the least bit sketchy), I'm sure it's fine. Actually, it looks better than fine. I've just got to decide whether or not to commit to it before the lineup comes out. I've got to go back and see what they charge for parking as well.

The deposit is absolutely tiny and that is all you will lose so long as you cancel more than 24 hours before your first booked night. I've booked even though it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford flights!:LOL::LOL:

Hates Muse? :eek: Divorce him! :yesey:

Yeah, it's definitely one of those sore subjects in our marriage. :LOL: He agreed to go with me to see them in Milwaukee and then literally 2 hours before the show he said he wasn't going and told me he actually hates them because I "shoved their music down his throat" by playing it in my car all the time. :rolleyes: I even sacrificed and got seats because I knew he wouldn't stand in line all day for barrier. We fought about it later and he agreed to go to Lolla with me if they play, but now I think I'll just tell him to forget it. I would much rather spend the day hanging out with awesome Musers. :D

The deposit is absolutely tiny and that is all you will lose so long as you cancel more than 24 hours before your first booked night. I've booked even though it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford flights!:LOL::LOL:

Hmmm . . . you may have talked me into it! :)

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the Travelodge going by thre reviews I read. I would have preferred the hostel, but everyone in my group but me wanted to do the Travelodge because the cost per person is less. Ah well, it's a place to sleep - doesn't need to be fancy! But hopefully we'll be lucky and have a good experience there!

Why did I decide to have a look here? Now I want to go there. :supersad:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Lynda, I almost certainly won't be able to afford to go (even if Muse do play!) as return flights are coming up at £650 at the moment but I just had to book the hostel, JUST in case!:LOL::D

If flights come down in price and Muse (plus Foos and RHCP as rumoured) play, I may then be able to go!:)

I'm in! I get a six flags season pass every year since I live close to one here. :)

YAY! epic trip shall be epic.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Lynda, I almost certainly won't be able to afford to go (even if Muse do play!) as return flights are coming up at £650 at the moment but I just had to book the hostel, JUST in case!:LOL::D

If flights come down in price and Muse (plus Foos and RHCP as rumoured) play, I may then be able to go!:)

There will surely be some sort of "sale" between now and then. My guess is Jan/Feb-ish. Also check Indianapolis. If that's cheaper, you can drive up with me.

Archived