Yeah the people on fest forums in general are big assholes who think they know best about everything music-related. Blergh.

In other news, I booked my Coachella flight! :D

how much was your flight??? hmmm I never been to coachella but thought next year might be the year, especially if Radiohead are going to be playing.

Also...how the hell can you stay on barrier all day?! Won't you need to...I don't know...go to the bathroom eventually!? Eat something? Drink something?That's a talent, man.

I've been wondering the exact same thing, but part of me is afraid of the answers I'll get, as this is what I plan on doing if Muse is playing :LOL:

I'm legit gonna do whatever it takes though. :LOL: I am determined.

but unless I happen to like every single band on the headlining stage,

Yeah, and this won't happen often. Theres usually at least one other band on another stage I feel I have to see. ACL was like the only one I saw that was like that. Gaslight Anthem to Silversun Pickups to LCD Soundsystem to Muse would have been awesome, I'd only be missing TDCC (who ive seen) and the Local Natives

I really regret not buying a saturday ticket at least for that :(

It sucked to miss Two Door Cinema Club, Broken Bells, The Temper Trap and more, but I would have been MISERABLE not being barrier for Muse. Every time I haven't been (Manchester, Wembley night 1 where I was 2nd row, Madison Sq. Garden where I had a seat), it SUCKED BALLS.

I've had seating for two of the Muse shows I went to (which I regret) and for the other one (voodoo) we had barrier, so I haven't really experienced it with Muse. But for other shows I've been to, it just purely depends on luck. You gotta hope that no one tall is in front of you and that the people around are actually into it. I've had times where I didnt have barrier and still had a great time. Just gotta get lucky. With barrier you don't have to worry about it though

Yeah the people on fest forums in general are big assholes who think they know best about everything music-related. Blergh.

In other news, I booked my Coachella flight! :D

Fest forums are entertaining though. Sometimes I go to them when I'm bored :LOL:

And geez, lucky. Coachella is pretty much out of the question for next year for me. I'm going to try and make it in 2012 though. I'm going to hope for Roo or Lolla but those are also pretty unlikely for me mostly because of my parents, I'd have the money for them probably but I know my parents wouldn't let me go

Okay wait...I've heard all day and then I've heard half of the day. We were thinking of lining up three acts before plus the hour in between each act. So all in all about 6 hours before depending. So that's good? Also...how the hell can you stay on barrier all day?! Won't you need to...I don't know...go to the bathroom eventually!? Eat something? Drink something?That's a talent, man.

I had the opportunity to get food n use the restroom at Voodoo, but I didn't want to risk it and just toughed it out. I had a big dinner the night before and a camel pack of water so I was fine. Coachella wasn't as flexible and we had to stand and couldn't leave the whole time. I ate a big breakfast before the festival and camped barrier. Didn't have to use the restroom until after.

how much was your flight??? hmmm I never been to coachella but thought next year might be the year, especially if Radiohead are going to be playing.

Hmmm... lemme go look. My mom used a free ticket for half and I used a giftcard for the other... going on Southwest though. Arrive Thursday night really late and come back Tuesday.

Looks like $400 including the fees, but I could have done $300-350 if I had more schedule flexibility. Need to miss the least amount of classes possible...

So I found a friend I could potentially stay with, and I didn't really think about this until now but its really close to my birthday, so I could probably ask my family for a ticket for my birthday, and I'll just handle the flight fees...

If I could somehow convince my parents to let me go, this could actually work

So I found a friend I could potentially stay with, and I didn't really think about this until now but its really close to my birthday, so I could probably ask my family for a ticket for my birthday, and I'll just handle the flight fees...

If I could somehow convince my parents to let me go, this could actually work

Really? Me too! My birthday is August 14 so it's a week before. :)

We can all have a muser party in my grandparents basement, catch the train into town for lolla, and go to six flags great america (you can see the roller coasters from their house). Yeah that would be awesome...unlikely though:LOL:

Love rollercoasters, not so much grandparent's basements.

Really uncertain if I'd do barrier all day at Lolla. There's too much win to be seen.

The day that Muse plays, I will up front and center from the time gates open. Just saying. There are 2 other days of music that I will make the rounds, and hopefully all the other bands that I really want to see will be scheduled on those days.

On another note, I attempted to make a couple of comments on the Lolla forum. Big mistake, there are some real ass-wipes over there. I guess I'll just lurk :ninja: I gotta keep my eyes open for those golden tickets!

+1:D

Hotel is booked (Travelodge)! :dance: Most of my group is planning on going even if Muse isn't going to be there. I've never done a festival like this before - I'm pretty excited. Should be an awesome time!! And I've never been to Chicago before, so looking forward to that too!

Really? Me too! My birthday is August 14 so it's a week before. :)

Haley, I will never ever ever forget your birthday for the rest of life. It's the same as my oldest daughters. Just thought you should know. ;)

Hotel is booked (Travelodge)! :dance: Most of my group is planning on going even if Muse isn't going to be there. I've never done a festival like this before - I'm pretty excited. Should be an awesome time!! And I've never been to Chicago before, so looking forward to that too!

Woohoo - Muser hotel block party shaping up. :musesign::\mm/:

Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'll just camp barrier all day. I really don't care about anyone else but Muse...well I do but Nooooo way do they beat Muse at barrier. I've always had seats and I'm sick of them. Also, I'm starting a Bliss chant. If everybody in the crowd starts chanting Bliss do you think they'll play it...? Or do they have to go by the book all the time -_-

Did anybody see Muse at lolla in 07? I've never seen Muse at a festival and I really want barrier! How many hours before do you have to start working your way through the crowd?

i saw muse when they were at lolla in 07 and it was AMAZING. ppl ran to barrier when the gates opened. if they play lolla, unless some epic band is playing or i get my hands on VIP tix, i'll be waiting all day for muse.

i'll prob book at the HI with carina and shelby later on in the year.

someone mentioned six flags trip. would anyone want to go to six flags the thurs before lolla? that would be an awesome trip.

:D:dance: We're going to have the best room hahah we got Catherine ;) Oh boy there will be laughs :LOL:

i saw muse when they were at lolla in 07 and it was AMAZING. ppl ran to barrier when the gates opened. if they play lolla, unless some epic band is playing or i get my hands on VIP tix, i'll be waiting all day for muse.

QUOTE]

What exactly are VIP tickets? And did you stay at the barrier the entire time in 07? I really want to but my biggest fear here is it being like...6:00 and I have to go to the bathroom or something lame like that hahahaha.

What exactly are VIP tickets? And did you stay at the barrier the entire time in 07? I really want to but my biggest fear here is it being like...6:00 and I have to go to the bathroom or something lame like that hahahaha.

i actually wasn't at barrier. i had some friends who were. i wanted to see other bands so i ended up walking over to main stage around 3pm so i could be halfway back. decent view.

VIP passes: well, you could possibly win them somehow, whether it's a radio contest or you play a game somewhere on the festival grounds and they give em to you. (haley and i got sidestage to metric at lolla at the playstation tent.) but for the big names, you just have to know "someone" or the artist to get VIP passes. i know some people who prob could get some for me... *crossing my fingers*

Archived