I don't know what the term is, but I love it when a singer's voice is backing the song, like in Assassin's chorus, which is why I prefer the original. It's my favourite part of the sing by far.
Not trying to start anything here, just wanna understand what you mean. Do you mean...backing vocals? In this case it sounds a bit like a barbershop quartet. But what do you mean by the original? There are like 3 (and a half I guess) versions, and the first one didn't have the backing vocals (because it was live). That wasn't until the studio version which is around 3 and a half minutes long, is that the one you mean? But then again the version that came after that ALSO had the backing vocals.

Not trying to start anything here, just wanna understand what you mean. Do you mean...backing vocals? In this case it sounds a bit like a barbershop quartet. But what do you mean by the original? There are like 3 (and a half I guess) versions, and the first one didn't have the backing vocals (because it was live). That wasn't until the studio version which is around 3 and a half minutes long, is that the one you mean? But then again the version that came after that ALSO had the backing vocals.

I would say backing vocals, but I'm pretty sure that's when another band member sings them. I remember reading another term for when it is the lead singer doing the backing vocals through editing.

The official album release is what I mean. Wasn't too fond on the other two versions I've heard. Sorry for the confusion.

Isolated System. When I first heard it through the social networking unlock release thing prior to the album, I was bitterly disappointed. The dance beat thing and then how that drum fill at the end just ended the piece rather then sent it to the climax...

But now, I love the eerie atmosphere about it - the strings are beautifully arranged, the piano simple yet effective. An amazingly eerie ender for an album.

I would say backing vocals, but I'm pretty sure that's when another band member sings them. I remember reading another term for when it is the lead singer doing the backing vocals through editing. heard.

Not at all, Matt tends to do all of Muse's studio vocals, lead and backing.

MK Ultra. Man, what a tune. The only song from that album deserving a place as a setlist regular, and it never got it. I'd forgotten how good it was though.

USoE was of high standards too to be a setlist regular.

Yeah, the structure is interesting in MK Ultra, the breakdown and harmonies make the song awesome.

USoE was of high standards too to be a setlist regular.

Yeah, the structure is interesting in MK Ultra, the breakdown and harmonies make the song awesome.

I always find when USOE comes on that I start enjoying it until the Queen bits to be honest. That album's full of half likeable songs that are ruined by something relatively minor halfway through. Even I Belong To You and its horrible lyrics. MK-Ultra and Redemption are probably the only two tracks I can't fault, which is a pretty low number for a Muse album. :$

I wonder if I combined the best of TR and the best of T2L into a single album, how much better would it come out? :erm:

Edit - Considering I don't like most of what I've heard from Drones so far, I could do the same there. Supremacy-MK Ultra-Reapers-Animals wouldn't be a bad opening to an album. :chuckle:

Edited by Bs

I always find when USOE comes on that I start enjoying it until the Queen bits to be honest. That album's full of half likeable songs that are ruined by something relatively minor halfway through.

This is completely, exactly, how I feel.

I've many times thought "why do I hate this song so much again...?" upon hearing USoE come on... and then the "sha, sha, SHA" parts kicks in, and the song gets turned off. :noey:

On topic, my bf informed me that he often just "tunes out" when I listen to "old Muse" so despite hearing Shrinking Universe probably literally 100s of times, it wasn't until he listened to it intentionally the other day that he, well, LISTENED to it.

It was on constant repeat in the house for the last two days now. Awwww. :chuckle:

Madness - stumbled across the jools holland version again the other day. I never really appreciated the build up and then the epic vocals near the end.

Looking back, I still don't really understand the hate towards the song. Also listening to undisclosed desires quite a bit atm as well.

Madness - stumbled across the jools holland version again the other day. I never really appreciated the build up and then the epic vocals near the end.

Looking back, I still don't really understand the hate towards the song. Also listening to undisclosed desires quite a bit atm as well.

Besides not being the "rock" Muse people seem to always want, it suffered from the same issue as DI - starts with some weird, off-putting bit of "pop fluff." The ma-ma-ma beginning put me off the song immediately.