My non muser friend actually spurred me to watch it again, she has never liked muse before just because I go on about them a lot but she hasn't really sat down and properly listened to them and the other day I sent her the wembley version of hoodoo to watch and she said she loved it it was beautiful. After that I said I could reccomend her some songs of theirs thinking of ones like starlight and TIRO to get her started and she came out with 'I was listening to space dimentia last night it's amazing'

There is hope in the world yet :')

That's so :awesome: . Wish I could find another Muser or convert someone :)

In my humble opinion, Space Dementia is Muse's best song.

This. Even though my favourite Muse song changes quite often, Space Dementia is always in my top 3, whereas the others come and go. It truly is a masterpiece in my opinion.

:awesome: I am trying and failing to play it in the piano. I can play the first 4 bars, feel pretty cool, and then turn the page and faint

I actually find the faster section easier for some odd reason. I performed space dementia and my own song at school a few weeks back. :happy:

:awesome: I am trying and failing to play it in the piano. I can play the first 4 bars, feel pretty cool, and then turn the page and faint

you don't play it from sheet music do you? don't do that. just learn which harmonies you need and then play the rest by ear. It's improvisation in large part. and you won't be bothered with playing every note from the sheets.

we now return to: ontopic!

I've been listening to Dark Shines a lot lately. That song is pure dark, absurd brilliance. I especially love the chaos piano before the chorus.

you don't play it from sheet music do you? don't do that. just learn which harmonies you need and then play the rest by ear. It's improvisation in large part. and you won't be bothered with playing every note from the sheets.

we now return to: ontopic!

I've been listening to Dark Shines a lot lately. That song is pure dark, absurd brilliance. I especially love the chaos piano before the chorus.

Well...yes..good idea :)

Those dischords ughhhh <3

Once you get the harmonic progression in the main part sorted (which isn't hard) it becomes a lot easier.

This. Even though my favourite Muse song changes quite often, Space Dementia is always in my top 3, whereas the others come and go. It truly is a masterpiece in my opinion.

Honestly, it took me a while to get into it, cause it is a pretty heavy song. But after getting into it, I could never let go. I agree, it is a masterpiece.

Honestly, it took me a while to get into it, cause it is a pretty heavy song. But after getting into it, I could never let go. I agree, it is a masterpiece.

Yeah, I've actually never heard such a heavy song based on only piano and bass. Makes it all the more awesome. :)

:shifty:

Ur entitled to ur own opinion... As am i...

It is dull and boring, c'mon. Yeah, the moving platform, the lights, but...

It's dull and boring :phu: (I like the song, the studio version is amazing, but live it doesn't work)

It is dull and boring, c'mon. Yeah, the moving platform, the lights, but...

It's dull and boring :phu: (I like the song, the studio version is amazing, but live it doesn't work)

I think its good live. Fuck the moving platform... And yes there are better songs live but i really do like UD live. It would be better if there were actual strings playing the pizz part.

(ILL DO IT FOR FREE!)

And ive rediscovered hyper music and darkshines!

I think its good live. Fuck the moving platform... And yes there are better songs live but i really do like UD live.

You're free to like UD live, I'm not asking you to hate it :p

It would be better if there were actual strings playing the pizz part.

(ILL DO IT FOR FREE!)

This is indeed the unique live version of Undisclosed Desires which I like (

, but it's the only actual live performance which is at least enjoyable. The one which doesn't make you yawn)

[YT]

[/YT] Edited by fabripav

I'm honestly baffled how someone can think that UD is one of the best live songs. I'm not trying to say she can't have an opinion, I just can't contemplate that. To my brain, there is nothing good about UD live other than the opportunity to go to the loo. There's one version I've heard that's not bad but I'd never consider it one of the best. On the album it's alright though.

I'm honestly baffled how someone can think that UD is one of the best live songs. I'm not trying to say she can't have an opinion, I just can't contemplate that. To my brain, there is nothing good about UD live other than the opportunity to go to the loo. There's one version I've heard that's not bad but I'd never consider it one of the best. On the album it's alright though.

:stunned::wtf: That boggles me.

You're free to like UD live, I'm not asking you to hate it :p

This is indeed the unique live version of Undisclosed Desires which I like (

, but it's the only actual live performance which is at least enjoyable. The one which doesn't make you yawn)

[YT]

[/YT]

Love that version, but that's because it takes the best part of the studio version and gives it a little extra kick. Live strings = best strings.