Yeah, I did think it was way over the top but then maybe they knew something I didnt, who knows!

Perhaps there's a stalker in our midst.:unsure:

Damnit muse, I want to meet you at the royal albert hall. I'm not a weirdo, I swear, I just want a picture and my team cydonia kit signed! :LOL:

Perhaps there's a stalker in our midst.:unsure:

Damnit muse, I want to meet you at the royal albert hall. I'm not a weirdo, I swear, I just want a picture and my team cydonia kit signed! :LOL:

I doubt you'll meet them there as there is an underground exit which they might well use. But it might be worth a try. *hopes she's wrong*

I doubt you'll meet them there as there is an underground exit which they might well use. But it might be worth a try. *hopes she's wrong*

Yeah ever since I heard about it I've been googling about it (more out of curiosity... I want to know why the built a secret tunnel into the royal albert hall. I find secret tunnels and stuff kind of intruiging for some reason.) and I found some womans blog talking about how she went on a tour and asked about the secret exit and the tourguide said that there is one, but everyone uses the stage door.

Of course, she would say that, it being a secret and all.

Yeah, I'm just thinking it's worth a try really. I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Yeah ever since I heard about it I've been googling about it (more out of curiosity... I want to know why the built a secret tunnel into the royal albert hall. I find secret tunnels and stuff kind of intruiging for some reason.) and I found some womans blog talking about how she went on a tour and asked about the secret exit and the tourguide said that there is one, but everyone uses the stage door.

Of course, she would say that, it being a secret and all.

Yeah, I'm just thinking it's worth a try really. I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Maybe someone will keep it a secret from Muse too :LOL:

Kasabian used it last year. I know because I was waiting by the stage door.

I hope you are lucky though.

Maybe someone will keep it a secret from Muse too :LOL:

Kasabian used it last year. I know because I was waiting by the stage door.

I hope you are lucky though.

Cheers. Sorry to hear you didn't ge to meet kasabian... I bet muse will use it especially given the track record of just buggering off after gigs.

Cheers. Sorry to hear you didn't ge to meet kasabian... I bet muse will use it especially given the track record of just buggering off after gigs.

I wasnt that worried about it actually. The main reason I was hanging around was because I'd had a few drinks and wasnt ready for bed yet! I had a great time waiting and we met the gorgeous Carl Barat while we were there!

Besides, last time I saw Kasabian we ended up having a drink in the pub with one of them afterwards :)

It wasnt actually inside but was just outside the loading bay area. It was also guarded by a very aggressive security guy who shouted at anyone who was within a 20 mile radius of it. Nasty man!

Maybe it was better that we took the subway back to the hotel right afterwords then >.>

I NEARLY met Muse in Tampa last April; I was waiting outside with a bunch of other people but no one ever came out :(

ı ll go to v festival and ı want to see them , how ı can do this? I WANT TOO MUCH=)))

for exemple ı go around the back of the venue , securitys isn't there? they don't let me ?

how how how can ı do ? ım goint to crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=S

ı ll go to v festival and ı want to see them , how ı can do this? I WANT TOO MUCH=)))

for exemple ı go around the back of the venue , securitys isn't there? they don't let me ?

I doubt very much you'd have a chance of meeting them at a festival to be honest

unless there's a signing tent it's highly unlikely, sorry.

How do you get to the back of the venue at a festival in the first place :unsure:

I think I'll check that out at the next (big) festival I go to, if only out of curiosity :D

Reminds me of a programme on Belgian television in which two guys and a cameraman always sneak in at afterparty's, get backstage at festivals, concerts, awards shows,... with fake passes, fake wristbands, by climbing over walls, getting past security/police, disguise themselves as whoever would get in, etc and then party and drink champagne with the stars for free... Those guys might teach us something :)

How do you get to the back of the venue at a festival in the first place :unsure:

try and befriend the most minor band at the festival that no one's heard of (possibly offer them sexual favours or at least hint at it :LOL:.) They'll probably just be happy that someone there cares about them (or wants them sexually) and invite you backstage. then, once you're there ditch them and go and find someone better. :LOL:

try and befriend the most minor band at the festival that no one's heard of (possibly offer them sexual favours or at least hint at it :LOL:.) They'll probably just be happy that someone there cares about them (or wants them sexually) and invite you backstage. then, once you're there ditch them and go and find someone better. :LOL:

Last year at the Pukkelpop festival I did befriend the lead singer of the most minor band, only she was a girl, and I'm a girl... How does that match with your theory? :unsure::LOL:

I've never been in the backstage area at a festival but I snuck into the VIP area at Reading one year on both the Friday and Saturday. I had 2 friends who had wristbands. One of these friends also had a pass for the Friday which was so obviously fake it wasnt even funny. Anyway, we thought we'd try. My 2 friends went in with their wristbands, I was behind them with my pass. The security guy looked at me looked at my pass, raised his eyebrows but let me in anyway! On the Saturday, one of my friends managed to loosen his wristband and could get it on and off. So he went in with my other friend, then she came out with his wristband and I put it on. By the Sunday my friend had been caught with his loose wristband and spent most of the day trying to figure out a way to get himself into the VIP area, where he was supposed to be, so I had no chance really!

I only did it for devilment really, because I could! Besides, it was nice to have clean toilets and no queue for the bar :LOL:

I doubt very much you'd have a chance of meeting them at a festival to be honest[/QUO

but ı saw many photos in festival. for example muse get out in stage. and all the people watch another bands. ı get out this place and... security guys? ı dont know. ı talk nonsense. but ı try definitely.

chance..:stunned:

First time I met Matt I said: I want to ask you two things, sorry if the second one seem weird. one, may I have your aughtograph? (he nodded) two, may I -please- let my fingers go through your hair!? (laughed, let my fingers go through his hair) Then we talked for like an hour or so... Then I kissed him on the cheeks three times, (Dutch formal way of saying goodbye to someone - he didnt know that and so I looked like a fool)

...mind you, I was only 15 at the time...

Second time I met him I said: I want to ask you two things, sorry if the second one seem weird. one, may I have your aughtograph? (he nodded) two, may I -please- let my fingers go through your hair! (looked at me with a frown and said: 'I met you before', smiled and let my fingers go through his hair) Then we talked for like 2 hours or so... Then we kissed each other on the cheeks three times (now he learned too that that is the Dutch formal way of saying goodbye to someone)

...mind you, I was only 16 at the time...

Third time I met him I said: I have already two aughtographs of you, so instead, could you draw someting funny on my t-shirt? Just the first thing that comes up in your mind (he drew a bunny...and another aughtograph) I touched his hair again, telling him that he should not cut it too short, haha...

...ok, ok I was 18 at that time...

Sowwww..... that was a long time ago...Good old days...

Dom admired my t-shirt on which I wrote some lyrics from Bliss, and he thought it was beautifully written, sweet guy...

Never spoken to Chris, he was drunk and throwing beer and water at people, or he was nowhere to be found. Wel, actually I was busy talking to Matt, so frankly I didnt bother, really... oh well...

One way of getting remembered! :LOL:

Yeah, I believe they did a meet and greet type thing there. They wont do anything like that at V.

how do you know ? maybe they might get out

ı hope, ı believe , they get out mais how can ı find backstage

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

First time I met them I was 14. After the concert I stood outside their tour bus for 3 hours in the freezing cold with no jacket. Who can complain though? I got everything signed, a million pics, and "Cheers" about a million times. :LOL:

The second time, on March 15, 2010 in Nashville, TN was far more interesting. :chuckle:

I love telling this story! I WARN YOU...IT"S LONG! And this is a email I copy and pasted to my friend two days after the concert while it was fresh in my head. Sorry for the mistakes because I didn't proof read it and there maybe random replys cause we were chatting back and forth.

'm going to shorten this a lot. I got there around 6 am and got second row center. After the amazing concert, I stayed close to the stage to look for guitar pics, a set list, anything. The security ppl started pushing me away. As i was pushed away, some guy popped out no where and handed me this wierd orange sticker that said "Muse the resistance: hospitality" and muttered after party. I didn't even get to see this guys face. I asked some ppl and they said it was a bumper sticker. I went to guest services and they told me where to go. I went back to the floor and some guy ushed me back stage. As i looked behind me i realized they blocked my sisters from following me and the guy grabbed me and wouldn't let me turn around. We went down some sketch hallway and he shoved me into this dark room. There was about 20 ppl in there and everyone had an accent. I didn't have my cell and neither did my sister who i was taking home. I borrowed someone cell and had a panic attack. Shaking, crying, hypervenilating. THe whole deal. Julie, my sis, managed to calm me down over the phone and said to wait 15 minutes and see if anything exciting happened and calm down.

After chatting with a girl from manchester (everyone was wayy older than me) and a millionare, I found out that the millionare had two extrs backstage passes. She told me i could have them. I ran out of the room and told the security ppl my problem. They called me a "frantic white female" over the phone. Lol. THey eventually let my sister come. Fast forward 45 minutes. My sister is drunk and matt and chris just walked into the room. Lisa, my sis, fortunatly didn't make a noise. I stood awkwardly one foot behind matt as he talked to other ppl. Eventually (like 20 minutes), he was talking to a 20 year old fan and he was standing right next to me. I randomly jumped in the convo. They were talking about the twilight soundtrack. He was like "i've written a song for the third movie, eclipse, but im unsure whether or not to put it on the soundtrack. Have you heard of it?" I was like "Yeah!!" And he goes "DO you like it? I know it is sort of like a teeny romance thing." and i acted like i wasn't obsessed at all. I replied "Ehh. It's okay." "So you don't like it." He says. I replied "No, no. I like it". and he said "No worries. You don't have to convince me. Do you think I should put it into the soundtrack?" I said "Ofcourse! It would make you huge in America!". He said "Haha. Alright. Well, if i do put it in, remember it was because of you."

Then I was like "Well, what is the band you listen to the most now?" He replys "the odd thing it, I don't really listen to music b//c the song gets stuck in my head and it plays over and over and over and I can't get it out. It's really annoying really. I don't want it to affect my music" And i said "I'm sure you realized your annoyance turned into a gift." He was like "Yeah, i have listened to this one girl. She's really populur in the UK. Its called Bats for Lashes. You know, bats (he makes a swinging motion) for lashes (points at his eyes and flutters them). Dom really is the one who listens to other people. Right now he is really into Phoenix". "Ive heard of them", i said. "Also another band called....(i don't remember the name though). It's dance. Like Daft punk." I replied "Ohh...okay..daft punk." Then I asked for a picture and he said of course. That's how i got the pic with my sister.

Then I got one by myself, of course. Haha. When he put his arm around me he said "You have a lovely accent." I was so flattered that all I could muster was "Hahah. (nervous laughter). You too!" Then we took the pic. He mentioned that his accent was like "the hillbilly of england". We talked about guitars. He bought 5 that day form a store on broadway in nashville and played a 250,000 guitar "i didn't buy it ofcourse" he joked. He talked to me how his box thing at the end of his guitar worked. "It called choas (i think). it works on an x, y axis and it is hooked up to lots of things such as synthesizers, basses, ect. So when I move my pic around, it will play according to where i touch." I was like, my friend really wants your guitar. It's awesome. He replied "Well, you can actually buy them now. My friend, Hugh Manson from australia makes them. He hand carves them, so he sits there for many hours working his ass off molding each curve." He talked about his childhood how he took one lesson and he whispered "I didn't like it very much."

Sorry if this makes no sense, im not proof reading this. By the way, when he talks to you, he gets real close and does not break eye contact at all. It is really intimidatiing. He loves making hand motions as well. Back to the story. I say. "I'm emily by the way." "Pleasure he says as he shakes my hand. His hand shakes are so weak, it's almost pathetic. Haha. I asked him "So do people in england impersonate american accents?" "Sorry?" he said and steps so my mouth is one inch away from his ear. "Do..umm...british people....um...try to fake an...um...american accent?" I stuttered. "Well, if they do, he replied, they do your accent, because it is the true american accent. it is quite lovely, really." i almost died. hahaha. I then replied "Oh, americans always try to do a fake british accent." I then switch to my terrible british accent and act like i have tea in my hand and stand up really straight. "Ello therrreee. I'm herrreee with some tea and krumpettts!", i joked. He immediatly, bent over like i punched him in the stomach and laughed that trademark laugh of his so hard. I was proud I made him actually crack up and not just chuckle. If you don't know what his laugh sounds like go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP4xZXsV6m0

My sister then introduced herself. "Im lisa. Todays my birthday!". "Happy birthday! How old are you?" he asks. "Old. " she replied. "You surely can't be older than me, though" he said. She asked "how old are you?". "Old" he replies. "Okay, i turned 29" she said. He leans in and whispers "Im 31. See, you aren't the oldest one in the room!". Lol. Um...i got a hug from him, but i had to ask for it. He was constantly getting interupted by other ppl, but he would always come back to me. His manager asked him 3 times to leave. We would say goodbye, but he would always get stopped for a final pic or something and then he would come back to me. Haha. For instance, some irish and english fans interupted us and the guy was like "I'm sorry, but can i have a pic." After a minute they started chanting some irish song i never heard of. Then when they leave "he talked to them like 2 minutes tops" he nonchalantly leans againt the wall next to me and mutters "Sorry about that. Just some crazy english fans". There is a pic of him talking to him in my album, just look at the captions.

lisa quietly ate doritos while i was chatting it up with him. I know! I was soo nervous at first, but after a while I got used to it. Julie and her friend brooke left after the concert cause they had a huge test in the morning. i doubt i could even let them in anyways. I know my luck is crazy random! The girl i talked to that was from manchester went to 33 muse concerts and that would be the 3rd time meeting them. I was thinking, I met them everytime I go to their concert. I was too afraid to talk to chris...he's big and was engrossed in his little circle of guy friends. Matt on the other hand, is only an inch taller than me and really skinny. Haha. When I hugged him i was like...omg...he needs a cookie. he was all bone! Haha. Umm. What else? Oh yeah I was like "WHere's chris and dom? (chris left by then)" he said "You saw chris didnt you? He was in the room not too long ago. maybe 30 minutes ago smoking the pipe" "Oh yeah, I replied". "And the last time i saw dom he was getting a back MAssage (pronounce the ma like in the word matress). You know, a back MAssage. Some one was rubbin down his back." "He deserves it. Don't get me wrong though. I'm perfectlyh fine with this (points at him)".

I'm running out of things to say. Oh, he was drinking just a single glass of red wine. Everyone offered him more, but he said he was fine. I found out he drinks a glass of red wine after ever concert b/c it's the only drink he can drink that doesn't get his throat dry. Trust me, at the time i thought he was still engaged to that model, so i thought he was just being friendly. Then yesterday, I found he was single again. Maybe he was flirting just a little? Who knows. Lol. I so would've slipped him my number before he left if i known. I would've said something like "In case you want to hear my "lovely" accent again". Haha. Yeah, he's like 14 years older than me. So what? He's hot (minus his teeth) and talented and has an accent! He offered me a drink and then he was like wait "nevermind, you're far too young. Hha."

The pipe smelled soo good! The funny thing is that we were shoved in the corner by the food the whole night. Once we got talking, I didn't leave that spot the whole night. He said if he didn't do muse, he would proabbaly be a music producer...or a lawyer. "Just kidding he said. I'd never be a lawyer.". Ummm...some 30 somehting stood and stared at us for 20 minutes to wait for us to stop talking to get their shirtss signed. They owed me big time on this one: i actually had to stop him and say "You know what. I'm sorry, but these girls have been standing here for a while trying to get you to sign stuff." "He was like "Ohhh. yeah. ofcourse." Remember there was another girl there, but i honestly think he liked me better b/c the other girl acted more like a crazed fan and less mature than i did. I think i played the whole "I know who you are, but im going to pretend you're normal" act well.

Archived