Probably not. :LOL:. That's just expecting too much getting them back to Australia. :p.

I remember trying to find ways to get down to that carpark. I think I had found a plausible way to get in, I should of checked to see if it would work. But by not doing that, me and my friend were the only people who saw them enter Rod Laver, so we're happy with that. :D

^^^^ that sig is cute!

I met them in a backstage bathroom :eek:

Matt was attentive and beautiful

Dom was distracted and writing on the wall

Chris was shy and cute

The following year I met Dom. He was talkative and nice.

Oh mann!! I'd love to meet them, even though I'd probably faint. Matt is gorgeous and so gifted!! In some twisted reality of mine, Matt and I are soulmates.. haha

Probably not. :LOL:. That's just expecting too much getting them back to Australia. :p.

I remember trying to find ways to get down to that carpark. I think I had found a plausible way to get in, I should of checked to see if it would work. But by not doing that, me and my friend were the only people who saw them enter Rod Laver, so we're happy with that. :D

woooah that is awesum !! lol next time tho i will make sure of it that i get down to that car park !! lol we should form a mob :LOL:

My plan is to meet them after the next gig I go too. Anyone wanna join me waiting for them? :D

Yeah me :p I'm danish :p Only 3-400 km. away you know.. And I really wanna meet those guys...

Me too, me too! :D

Hey you I've just heard about a couple of guys, around 15 actually, who waited for Muse after their gig here in Sweden. But Muse just left in their cars, didn't give a shit about the fans waiting. Kinda' low.. Hope they were really busy or didn't notice them.

And OFCOURSE I realize they must be exhausted after a gig, but it seems like they've been very patient and nice to all the other fans who've waited for them..

I was one of those who waited. We talked to some guy from their crew who said that they had already left.

c'est embêtant ce site quand on ne parle pas bien anglais même si les traducteurs existent...

je les ai rencontré une fois, j'ai remis un texte à math en mars 2004 à orléans, je n'ai plus jamais eu de nouvelles...rien j'ai du lui faire peur...mais mes prédictions n'empêchent été vrai et toc...

fa

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, all of you are so lucky. I haven't gotten the chance to go see them live yet, much less meet them. I'm definitely going to have to try to next time they come here, though. I'm pretty sure I'll end up having no idea what to say to them. I'll probably be too determined not to let out a fangirly squeel or an "OMG I LOVE YOU!" to say anything. :p

hehe. i bet dom had matt's green shirt taken in to be made into pants. :LOL:

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=687478272.wav - click! distribute freely, but obviously it can't be your voicemail greeting unless your name is cj :happy: enjoy!

That was adorable! :happy:

Being from Teignmouth, I used to bump into the chaps from MUSE most days in town.

My mum still sees Chris from time to time in the CO-OP in town with his kids!!

I first saw/heard of MUSE in 1993 when they played a gig in Teignmouth at the Meadow Centre, it was an XMAS gig and there were about 5 bands playing, mostly kids but it was great fun all the same.

I have an original flyer that I think MUST be the only one in existance but when I posted a pic of it, I got shot down in flames and told it was a fake one that I made myself....it isn't !!

It has Fixed Penalty and Gothic Plague on the same bill and this caused some concerns, please read the book by Ben Myers and it says on there that in the early days BOTH bands would play supporting one another!!

Anyway, I used to kick about with Matt's 2 cousins in Teignmouth for years and was also quite chummy with Paul (Matt's older brother), so asking them for autographs would be like a little sad nowadays.

I am just glad that they have done so well in life and have started something that I am proud to pass onto my kids in years to come...

Thanks

Musky72

Formerly of Teignmouth, Devon (1972-2001)

Being from Teignmouth, I used to bump into the chaps from MUSE most days in town.

My mum still sees Chris from time to time in the CO-OP in town with his kids!!

I first saw/heard of MUSE in 1993 when they played a gig in Teignmouth at the Meadow Centre, it was an XMAS gig and there were about 5 bands playing, mostly kids but it was great fun all the same.

I have an original flyer that I think MUST be the only one in existance but when I posted a pic of it, I got shot down in flames and told it was a fake one that I made myself....it isn't !!

It has Fixed Penalty and Gothic Plague on the same bill and this caused some concerns, please read the book by Ben Myers and it says on there that in the early days BOTH bands would play supporting one another!!

Anyway, I used to kick about with Matt's 2 cousins in Teignmouth for years and was also quite chummy with Paul (Matt's older brother), so asking them for autographs would be like a little sad nowadays.

I am just glad that they have done so well in life and have started something that I am proud to pass onto my kids in years to come...

Thanks

Musky72

Formerly of Teignmouth, Devon (1972-2001)

Thanx for sharing this.

You'll be such a cool dad in your kids eyes.:D

BTW I would really like to see your rare original flyer.

• 3 weeks later...

i met them at a signing for black holes and revelations.. u had to buy the cd when it came out to get the wristband.. which i woke up in the wee hours of the morning to try to be the first person to get it, which i would have if mapquest wouldnt have given me directions to the megastore like a few blocks from the one i was supposed to go to..

n e who...

i was SOOOOO scared to say anything..because well they are practically Gods to me.. and well it felt sooo unreal! i was just staring at Matts beautiful eyes n was kinda in tears. he looked at me and said *its ok* and winked! and at a festival during the arctic monkeys we spotted Dom on the side of the stage.. me n my friend had flyswatters..... NEON flyswatters.. ha.. n i was yelling like a madwoman DOM DOM!!! n he FINALLY looked at me.. n i waved n he kinda looked wierded out... cos c'mon who has flyswatters at a show.. but he smiled and waved at me n my friend! *that was the best! even better then the KILLERS' performance later on that night.. ha

i met them at a signing for black holes and revelations.. u had to buy the cd when it came out to get the wristband.. which i woke up in the wee hours of the morning to try to be the first person to get it, which i would have if mapquest wouldnt have given me directions to the megastore like a few blocks from the one i was supposed to go to..

n e who...

i was SOOOOO scared to say anything..because well they are practically Gods to me.. and well it felt sooo unreal! i was just staring at Matts beautiful eyes n was kinda in tears. he looked at me and said *its ok* and winked! and at a festival during the arctic monkeys we spotted Dom on the side of the stage.. me n my friend had flyswatters..... NEON flyswatters.. ha.. n i was yelling like a madwoman DOM DOM!!! n he FINALLY looked at me.. n i waved n he kinda looked wierded out... cos c'mon who has flyswatters at a show.. but he smiled and waved at me n my friend! *that was the best! even better then the KILLERS' performance later on that night.. ha

At that point, I probably would have squealed like a fangirl and passed out. :LOL:

During a Hysteria solo at Wembley Arena he stared right into my camera lens and smiled...If I hadn't have been frozen stiff by this holy moment, I would have actually taken a flipping photo with Matt looking STRAIGHT at me, SMILING LIKE A TRULY SEXY THING..WHY DIDN'T I DO IT...WHY??? GAAAAH.

Thats just one of those moments....i think everyone has one of them

Thats just one of those moments....i think everyone has one of them

If you're one to take pictures at gigs, it's BOUND to happen once in your lifetime lol It's happened to me once and i was gutted i blurred the photo trying to take the pose the band member was making for me! :(

First time I met Matt I said: I want to ask you two things, sorry if the second one seem weird. one, may I have your aughtograph? (he nodded) two, may I -please- let my fingers go through your hair!? (laughed, let my fingers go through his hair) Then we talked for like an hour or so... Then I kissed him on the cheeks three times, (Dutch formal way of saying goodbye to someone - he didnt know that and so I looked like a fool)

...mind you, I was only 15 at the time...

Second time I met him I said: I want to ask you two things, sorry if the second one seem weird. one, may I have your aughtograph? (he nodded) two, may I -please- let my fingers go through your hair! (looked at me with a frown and said: 'I met you before', smiled and let my fingers go through his hair) Then we talked for like 2 hours or so... Then we kissed each other on the cheeks three times (now he learned too that that is the Dutch formal way of saying goodbye to someone)

...mind you, I was only 16 at the time...

Third time I met him I said: I have already two aughtographs of you, so instead, could you draw someting funny on my t-shirt? Just the first thing that comes up in your mind (he drew a bunny...and another aughtograph) I touched his hair again, telling him that he should not cut it too short, haha...

...ok, ok I was 18 at that time...

Sowwww..... that was a long time ago...Good old days...

Dom admired my t-shirt on which I wrote some lyrics from Bliss, and he thought it was beautifully written, sweet guy...

Never spoken to Chris, he was drunk and throwing beer and water at people, or he was nowhere to be found. Wel, actually I was busy talking to Matt, so frankly I didnt bother, really... oh well...

First time I met Matt I said: I want to ask you two things, sorry if the second one seem weird. one, may I have your aughtograph? (he nodded) two, may I -please- let my fingers go through your hair!? (laughed, let my fingers go through his hair) Then we talked for like an hour or so... Then I kissed him on the cheeks three times, (Dutch formal way of saying goodbye to someone - he didnt know that and so I looked like a fool)

Second time I met him I said: I want to ask you two things, sorry if the second one seem weird. one, may I have your aughtograph? (he nodded) two, may I -please- let my fingers go through your hair! (looked at me with a frown and said: 'I met you before', smiled and let my fingers go through his hair) Then we talked for like 2 hours or so... Then we kissed each other on the cheeks three times (now he learned too that that is the Dutch formal way of saying goodbye to someone)

Third time I met him I said: I have already two aughtographs of you, so instead, could you draw someting funny on my t-shirt? Just the first thing that comes up in your mind (he drew a bunny...and another aughtograph) I touched his hair again, telling him that he should not cut it too short, haha...

Dom admired my t-shirt on which I wrote some lyrics from Bliss, and he thought it was beautifully written, sweet guy...

Never spoken to Chris, he was drunk and throwing beer and water at people, or he was nowhere to be found. Wel, actually I was busy talking to Matt, so frankly I didnt bother, really... oh well...

:eek: *jealous*

I nearly met them once, but I had to leave :(

That was too cute. :happy: Good to hear he doesn't freak when people ask him questions like that. :LOL: So how were you able to talk to him for so long?

If you're one to take pictures at gigs, it's BOUND to happen once in your lifetime lol It's happened to me once and i was gutted i blurred the photo trying to take the pose the band member was making for me! :(

Yeah its happened to me a few times

Got some good shots of Matt at the NEC 2006 tho:happy:

That was too cute. :happy: Good to hear he doesn't freak when people ask him questions like that. :LOL: So how were you able to talk to him for so long?

O, he was very kind and didnt freak out, eventhough I asked/said a lot of bullshit!

This was in the time that muse still allowed people backstage after a show. (2001) I was enjoying a wonderfull concert, really it was my first ever rock concert, I was thinking: 'o, I'll never miss a muse concert ever from now on, this is LIFE!' Something like that anyway.

And then, at the end, the stage manager handed out 'aftershow tickets' though I had no idea it was for backstage entrance lol, so I just walked away and had a beer! haha... but then me and my friend saw people walking over the stage to 'backstage' and we looked at each other, at the ticket and we RUN back to the stage and said: hi...er...we have this, showed the ticket and the woman said, o, follow me. (very mellow, and we were like IIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAIIIIAAAIIIIAA!!!)

So yeah.

Second time I knew about the tickets, so when I got one, I stayed near the stage, freaking out again of course!

third time, was when I waited outside the building with a handful of fans, and they came out around 4 in the morning (!), quick chat before they went into the bus.

If anyone read this, who was there also, Paradiso 2001, Heineken Music Hall 2001 or Ahoy 2003, please reply, maybe you remember things I dont!

O, he was very kind and didnt freak out, eventhough I asked/said a lot of bullshit!

This was in the time that muse still allowed people backstage after a show. (2001) I was enjoying a wonderfull concert, really it was my first ever rock concert, I was thinking: 'o, I'll never miss a muse concert ever from now on, this is LIFE!' Something like that anyway.

And then, at the end, the stage manager handed out 'aftershow tickets' though I had no idea it was for backstage entrance lol, so I just walked away and had a beer! haha... but then me and my friend saw people walking over the stage to 'backstage' and we looked at each other, at the ticket and we RUN back to the stage and said: hi...er...we have this, showed the ticket and the woman said, o, follow me. (very mellow, and we were like IIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAIIIIAAAIIIIAA!!!)

So yeah.

Second time I knew about the tickets, so when I got one, I stayed near the stage, freaking out again of course!

third time, was when I waited outside the building with a handful of fans, and they came out around 4 in the morning (!), quick chat before they went into the bus.

If anyone read this, who was there also, Paradiso 2001, Heineken Music Hall 2001 or Ahoy 2003, please reply, maybe you remember things I dont!

So that's probably the best way to try to meet them nowadays, yeah? Just stand around near their bus after a show. With most likely no luck of a two-hour conversation with them. :( Still, meeting them would would be incredible, even if just for a few minutes. :happy:

Archived