Guys, I need your help!!

Muse.jpg

What type of coat is Chris wearing on this photo? I need the the label and the exact type.

Please someone help me!:) I'd like to buy a coat like this. Or anyone knows a similar type of coat with that collar?

Any help appreciated;)

Hello hello hello!

I hope this thread hasn't already been created! I've used the search facility and searched Google like crazybobbles said in the sticky but i didn't find a thread like this.

I would like to combine my love of Muse and my love of fashion.

I am a fashion student studying BScHons Fashion Buying in the UK. Fashion Buying is basically the business side of the fashion industry. I also own a brand/shop called Goldbox and a run off concessions line called The Treasure Box.They're both still small scale though because i'm a student and struggle to afford bread :LOL:

Personally i get a HUGE buzz off sourcing which is why i'd love to help you with sourcing some of the finest Muse outfits from retailers.

Go on, post your fave Muse outfits and i'll see what i can do for you.

Include: Photos, material description, price budget etc...

You mean you can do some Muse clothes, like the red suit and we can buy it? :awesome:

No no hehe, although i could do that i mean i'd source it from shops for you!

I don't have time and money to make lots of Muse outfit replicas :( I already run 2 shops and need to save up to redecorate my flat and buy university equipment.

No no hehe, although i could do that i mean i'd source it from shops for you!

I don't have time and money to make lots of Muse outfit replicas :( I already run 2 shops and need to save up to redecorate my flat and buy university equipment.

Bah it's okay, I don't really want it... well I do but I don't think I will wear it...

Oh I understand. Maybe one day you will :happy:

Guys, I need your help!!

Muse.jpg

What type of coat is Chris wearing on this photo? I need the the label and the exact type.

Please someone help me!:) I'd like to buy a coat like this. Or anyone knows a similar type of coat with that collar?

Any help appreciated;)

Looks like just a standard trenchcoat/mac. I got one from River Island, very smart, but wait til Winter when shops start stocking more (and when you actually need one).

Hi there,

if you ever find the shirts that Matt wears

1) on the Hullabaloo concert-DVD (

); love those flared arms...

2) at the Montreux Jazz Festival 2002 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1xvc55Q2Ws&feature=related) (0:40...)

3) during the NME awards 2009 (

)

4) this one:

pleasepleaseplease contact me!!

Cheers!;)

Ok so...

1) If you look carefully you'll notice that all he's doing is wearing a red and black combo.

You'd have to get some kind of jersey long sleeve or 3/4 top...like this:

MWT117%20-%20Red%20-%20front%20-%20400pix.jpg

Has to be thin though because you don't wanna get sweaty!

And then combine it with a 3/4 sleeve black shirt:

armani-jeans-mens-black-141787-4087_medium.jpg

Unbutton the sleeve button and hopefully the red will show through.

2) Polka dot shirt:

shir1971a.jpg

Wear that under a black sleeveless jumper (obviously without the crest logo)

fred-perry-mens-black-114250-9903_medium.jpg

3) You can get many sweaters like the one Matt wore to the nme awards. Just search "grey argyle sweater" or "grey argyle jumper" (I'm not sure if you're american or not haha)

Should come up with something like this:

lambretta-sweat-6635.JPG

4) This one is really tricky. As i'm not sure where you're situated i don't think i can search retailers as well. I think if you were to search online the key words you'd be using are "vintage" or "speckled" or "textured" or "wool mix" along with "knitted/knit" and "jumper/sweater". It's worth having a look in parents clothes to be fair. I know my dad had stuff like that.

Let me know if that helped or not! Criticisms are fine! :happy:

Ok so...

1) If you look carefully you'll notice that all he's doing is wearing a red and black combo.

You'd have to get some kind of jersey long sleeve or 3/4 top...like this:

MWT117%20-%20Red%20-%20front%20-%20400pix.jpg

Has to be thin though because you don't wanna get sweaty!

And then combine it with a 3/4 sleeve black shirt:

armani-jeans-mens-black-141787-4087_medium.jpg

Unbutton the sleeve button and hopefully the red will show through.

2) Polka dot shirt:

shir1971a.jpg

Wear that under a black sleeveless jumper (obviously without the crest logo)

fred-perry-mens-black-114250-9903_medium.jpg

3) You can get many sweaters like the one Matt wore to the nme awards. Just search "grey argyle sweater" or "grey argyle jumper" (I'm not sure if you're american or not haha)

Should come up with something like this:

lambretta-sweat-6635.JPG

4) This one is really tricky. As i'm not sure where you're situated i don't think i can search retailers as well. I think if you were to search online the key words you'd be using are "vintage" or "speckled" or "textured" or "wool mix" along with "knitted/knit" and "jumper/sweater". It's worth having a look in parents clothes to be fair. I know my dad had stuff like that.

Let me know if that helped or not! Criticisms are fine! :happy:

Hello,

thanks for those advice! :)

I have already tried out the "number 1 idea", but it just looks too different... Matt's black jacket (or however you may call it) is zipped and shiny and has this special collar, and I think that the red parts are somehow fixed to the rest...and there are the flared arms...

"number 2 idea": I think that top (?) has many little cuts on it through which another top in a lighter color shines through... probably all those clothes were taylored and cannot be found in "normal" shops - but thanks for your idea!

"number 3": I have found a similar jumper!!:D (by the way, I'm not American an not even a native english speaker, but do they call sweater in the US what's called a jumper in the UK?? or is it the other way round?)

"number 4 idea": I was thinking to search in "parent's clothes" as well... It's really a rather common jumper, but I love that special "sparkled" (I know it's not the best word to describe it...) colour.

Well, thanks again for your help! And good luck with your own shop!:) Couldn't you extend your own label to do a bit of a Muse-inspired-collection affordable for everyone...?;)

Hello,

thanks for those advice! :)

I have already tried out the "number 1 idea", but it just looks too different... Matt's black jacket (or however you may call it) is zipped and shiny and has this special collar, and I think that the red parts are somehow fixed to the rest...and there are the flared arms...

"number 2 idea": I think that top (?) has many little cuts on it through which another top in a lighter color shines through... probably all those clothes were taylored and cannot be found in "normal" shops - but thanks for your idea!

"number 3": I have found a similar jumper!!:D (by the way, I'm not American an not even a native english speaker, but do they call sweater in the US what's called a jumper in the UK?? or is it the other way round?)

"number 4 idea": I was thinking to search in "parent's clothes" as well... It's really a rather common jumper, but I love that special "sparkled" (I know it's not the best word to describe it...) colour.

Well, thanks again for your help! And good luck with your own shop!:) Couldn't you extend your own label to do a bit of a Muse-inspired-collection affordable for everyone...?;)

I will be stocking vintage mens clothing so you never know. You could find something Matt/Muse esque there. I'll keep you posted! xxx

Guest Octazooka
:):) thanks! :)

I loved the outfit Matt wore in Live At Abbey Road, just a simple black muscle tee and red skinnies with black loafers..I WANT THE RED SKINNIES! XD

Archived