I listened to Muse for the first time in September/October/November 2004. My mom heard Sing For Absolution on the radio and bought the Absolution album. I started listening to Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Apocalypse Please... But my mom got tired of listening the same songs over and over and over and over and over again, in the car, so I stopped and almost forgot about Muse. Until in November 2006 I found out a Muse song that I found out to be New Born. I bought an iPod and searched for their every albums, and only in March of this year I finished my search for all their songs. I have only three missing, right now.

If anyone has Shine (not acoustic), Jimmy Kane (not Newton Abbot's version) and/or Dead Star (studio version), pleeeeeeaaaaaase contact me, I can't find them anyfuckingwhere.

I found Supermassive black hole somewhere on the YouTube and listened to it all the time. My sister noticed that and she lend me Black holes and Revelations. I listened to that all the time as well.. Then I downloaded Absolution, then Showbiz, Hullabaloo, Origin of Symmetry and finally HAARP. I was totally amazed by Muse. So I bought HAARP DVD, then Starlight single, Knights of Cydonia and Supermassive Black Hole. And this is it. I discovered Muse by Youtube *facepalm*

I think the first song I have ever heard of Muse is "Time is Running Out".

I and my friends were captured by the stong sound of the instruments and the particular voice of the "singer" (:p).

At that time we were just two little stupid kids, but I remember that, when we were together, we watched MTV all the afternoon just waiting for the song.

Simply a m a z i n g. *__*

The first time i heard muse was Starlight but i never looked for other work UNTIL begin 2008 somewhere, a friend of mine showed me a AMV with stockholm syndrome. and since then i've been fan of them :p and got the Haarp DVD & CD Version for my birthay :D

but my first reacion was WHAT THE **** this is cool and the rest is history now :p I became a muse fan

(sorry for thet crappy english i'm dutch)

Long time ago, I thought Muse was only ordinary band (yeah, I know, this was stupid thought) .. so at OoS era I didn't pay attention to them

Hysteria was first Muse song I heard, then I thought "wow, they're amazing, are they have more song like this ?"

so I searched more Muse songs on net, then I found more amazing songs from Muse !!

sorry for my poor english >_<

:stunned: "...what the hell is wrong with that man's guitar?"

(response to the intro when a friend played "The Groove" off of her iPod. After it got past the intro and more into the song, it became)

"Oh...awesome."

(and so began a beautiful relationship.)

My son played a clip for me online when I was complaining about all the modern vocalists who just growl. I agreed that Matt was very good. Then I turned on the kid's MP3 player while he was getting an MRI to hear more and decided I had to have some Muse! One cd wasn't enough; 1 week later I was back in the store getting the other 3 studio albums which I had no business doing in my current financial circumstances, but they're totaly worth it. I probably would have bought everything if I didn't have a birthday and Xmas coming quick so I can look forward to filling out the collection then.

I was online, and looking at Stephenie Meyer's website because I told myself I was going to figure out who those Muse people were. I expected some annoying poppy stuff, because that's kind of what I expected: inspired by a bunch of cheesy love songs. So I went and looked up all the songs she had up for the books. I started with TIRO, and I listened to the 30 second preview of it. I liked that, so I kept looking up the songs that she had up.

By the next day, I was absolutely convinced that they were the best band alive. Or ever. I think I had Absolution and OoS by the time I went to New York, which was two or three weeks after that.

I'm easily obsessed. :LOL:

A few years ago, I listen the song 'Time Is Running Out' somewhere in a game and.. what's this ? What an amazing song dude :p

Was heard in.. and after meeting the band corresponding to the music.

And discover MUSE \m/ :D:)

From there, I'm a Great Fan of Muse ;)

My son played a clip for me online when I was complaining about all the modern vocalists who just growl. I agreed that Matt was very good. Then I turned on the kid's MP3 player while he was getting an MRI to hear more and decided I had to have some Muse! One cd wasn't enough; 1 week later I was back in the store getting the other 3 studio albums which I had no business doing in my current financial circumstances, but they're totaly worth it. I probably would have bought everything if I didn't have a birthday and Xmas coming quick so I can look forward to filling out the collection then.

I know what you mean but having said that there's quite a lot of good singers in the Jeff Buckley mold too. Bellamy is one, Chris Martin another and also Caleb Followill from Kings of Leon slightly.

christmas day. i got Guitar Hero 3 and fell in love with Knights Of Cydonia. i broadened my Muse likings and now Hysteria is my favorite :LOL:

they are now my favorite band.

my top 2

1) Muse

2) Led Zeppelin

used to be

1) Led Zeppelin

2) Aerosmith

1999, I'm driving to uni, Sunburn comes on the radio. Went straight to uni record shop, bought Showbiz, took the day off and drove to the beach. Listened to it all the way through about 4 times that day. Twas a good day :D

Thought it was a bit inconsistent (still do), but it still has some of my fave songs of all time - Showbiz, Muscle Museum and Sunburn. I like most of the others too.

Hey, first post. Yay me.

I was sitting in my room and my brother started playing Newborn out of his laptop, I heard the beginning and recognised it then said "Is this Eminem?" then he was like "Nah, Muse" so I was like "ooh what song?" then he told me, I downloaded it and continued to love it. Then I downloded Starlight and Bliss but never paid attention to them so didn't think much of Muse.

Couple months later my friend was playimg SMBH, I was what song's this again? (Cos I recognised it) he told me, I downloaded it, loved it, had another listen to Bliss and Starlight, loved them, downloaded their discography, love it. One of my, if not my favourite band =)

First time it happened back around March/April 2007, someone sent me a link to the 2004 BH&R at Rock Am Ring, and I was thinking - "who is this guy playing amazing guitar and this super amazing Rachmaninov piano solo and singing so well at the same time"? I thought he was some alien. Yeah I'm a real latecomer to Muse. Only bought the rest of the albums about 5 months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

First time i heard them was when they were touring with Depeche Mode as supportband(no idea if that's the right word) and after a while I though, "They are pretty good". A day later after having said that I liked them, my dad showed me a poster of Muse and said that it was them. Downloaded BH&R and I liked it. But it took another year before I started to love them, it just came gradually while I listened to them.

Archived