About the age of 6 or 7, heard TIRO&NewBorn(pre-overplayed period) at my uncle's in Ireland and thought it sounded like a James Bond soundtrack XD

Imagine them doing one though.. :eek:

Didn't listen to them too much for a few years then saw them at Glastonbury with LostProphets and hugely listened, not going a few days without a listen since, almost the only band I don't tire of with time

I was about 12 or something, heard Unintended on MTV. My brothers had just gotten me out me out of the boyband and pop stuff, the stuff I was listening to now was Iron Maiden and Metallica and stuff . So whenever I heard a slow song or something calm I freaked out and thought; that was SRSLY gay. :p A few years later, about a year ago or something, I heard Supermassive Black Hole and Hysteria, and I thought they were awesome songs. Never bothered to listen to more songs from Muse. Heard KoC but wasn't really blown away the first time I heard it (:eek:) . But then a friend of mine showed me some pretty cool songs and I really liked the music, so I bought H.A.A.R.P and was really blown away! :D fucking awesome, and now its my favorite band! Now I love (nearly) every song by them!

My older brother has always been a massive fan of Muse, he had Showbiz when it first came out. But, bearing in mind I was only 11 back then, I didn't really listen to it properly, just heard it from his room.. I really started to pay attention to what he was listening to in the summer of 2003, aged 14, before Absolution was released.

There was a lot of hype going around about Muse putting out a new track on Radio 1 and XFM that evening. So I listened to a highly excited Zane Lowe yell "Coming up this summer, the return of Muse... I've heard 5 tracks, it's incredible... Stockholm Syndrome... LETS GO!!"

The next 5 minutes or so completely blew me away, and the rest is history.

First song I heard was *surprise* "Starlight" on the radio

I thought they weren't bad, but at the time was going through a more "heavy" phase, in which I was liking more heavy bands

I didn't realllllyyyy get hooked to Muse until my friend played their CD in her car, and the song that got me addicted was "Map of the Problematique"

hooked ever since

Heh.. mine was Knights of Cydonia, about a year ago. A friend of mine had found the video online or something, and thought I might like the music... the video kind of made me :rolleyes: but I thought 'well the music has potential... what a pretty voice!' Got BHAR, loved it, got Absolution, loved it even more, etc. etc. Am now addicted.

...*ahem.*

'Starlight', two years ago. Muse aren't very famous here in Cyprus, but sometimes they play some of their songs on the radio. So when I heard it, I liked it and downloaded it. Later I told my sister to listen to this song and when I told her that it was from a band called Muse, she told me to listen to another song from them, 'Newborn'. I fell in love with it from the first time.

I was definately blown away when I heard Muse for the first time, they are truly talented and their music is so inspirational and different in a great way. I saw them live with MCR last year and I fell in love with them and their music all over again, can't wait to see them again!!! :D

{*TERRY*}

The first song I remember hearing from them is “New Born” but didn’t really listen so much at that time (I was 11 then and too distracted of other stuff)

Then forward to 2003 and I got to listen to the whole Origin of Symmetry album and it was the SHT right there (it included “New Born” and I got to listen to it properly) :D the sounds they were giving was epic and I really loved the raging guitar solos. I particularly LOVE “Plug In Baby” and “Citzen Erased” and I remember really getting hyper. HAHA. I got hooked since then and ALWAYS thanked that there's MUSE in this world :p

Archived