It was starlight :/

I remember doing zapping and the stopping on mtv and starting to listen and i was like wow! who are they? they're good! really good! and who's the vocalist? he's kinda cute!

I know that i sound like a crazy fangirl :/

I think TIRO was the first song of theirs I heard in early 2004 an I thought, "Wow this song is awesome"..it was really pumped, energetic an had an edge to it which I loved. Plus the bass floored me lol. I can't quite remember how but I decided to explore, so I bought OoS, heard New Born (an the rest of the sheer brilliance that followed) an was mind-fucked by the fecking epic an amazing genius of this band an wondered how musically deprived I had been before. :$;)

I didn't think much of them at first. I was living in Virginia at the time. Time is Running Out came on the TV and I thought it was pretty catchy, but nothing more of it really. I was in Target I think and it cam on the TV there and I thought, "Heyy! I know this song!"

About a month later when I moved to Iowa I bought Absolution, and it earned the title of my first Iowan CD. I didn't really get into them at that point, so the CD got all kinds of scratches in it, but never skipped.

About a year later I started >really< listening to them and I bought Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry of of Amazon. Now, four years after my move I'm sitting here in my aunt's house in Richmond listening to Showbiz on the surround sound.

'Tis Amazing. :happy:

The first time I heard (really HEARD Muse) I was physically stunned into silence and awe. I have heard nothing so beautiful in my life. Matt's vocals and his talent with his guitar and piano made my toes curl. Now Muse's music is like cocaine- I haven't turned them off in three months. When I sleep, get ready for work in the morning, work out...everything. The song that did it for me was "Showbiz". I've never even thought music like that existed. :happy:

I heard muse for the first time when I was 12 and my friend said hey check out this cd. It was Absolution and it blew my mind. At first I liked it but wasn't sure what to make of it, but I couldn't stop listening. The unfortunate thing is that I sadly went through the typical female pop loving phase from 8 to like 10 or 11 and muse was one of the first bands I listened to after that so it took a while for me to be able to listen to things like stockholm because it was just to much for me but now thats one of my favorite songs.

First song i heard was early in '07 (yes i was a late bloomer) and it was Starlight and liked it alot. Second song was Time Is Running Out and i was hooked. Went out and bought Absolution and Black Holes And Revelations. I also saw them in Sept. of '07 at Verizon Ampetheater in Irvine, California. It was the best show i ever been to. And I've seen Pink Floyd OK. I wish they would hurry up and come back to Cali. COME BACK!!!

Well, to be perfectly honest, the first song I heard was The Small Print and then New Born. At first, I hated them. A month passed, I heard New Born again and thought it was pretty good. No, really good but I forgot about it. About six months passed and I heard Knights of Cydonia. I didn't like that song either but I remembered I liked New Born and The Small Print. I went home and bought New Born, The Small Print, Time is Running Out, and Starlight off iTunes. After that, I fell in love with every song I heard. I don't know why I hated them at first.. it's so odd to me now.

First Muse song I eva heard was Supermassive Black Hole, nd I thought 'Oh my God, I think this is, like, the most awesome nd sexy song I have ever heard'. I then borrowed, BHAR, OoS and A from a friend and started gradually listening to the songs, firstly starting with Starlight, then working my way through that album, then eventually gettin hooked on everything else lol!

This all started about year nd a half ago, not along after Supermassive had been released, nd I still love to this day...

Time is running out. i was only little when i listened to it. and my brothers taught me the words. and i was flicking through the music channels 2 years ago and it came on and i started singing it and i didn't know how but i was so i read the band name at the end and it was muse so i got into their music :)

Time is running out. i was only little when i listened to it. and my brothers taught me the words. and i was flicking through the music channels 2 years ago and it came on and i started singing it and i didn't know how but i was so i read the band name at the end and it was muse so i got into their music :)

you must be like 8 then lol

first time I heard Muse was on a plane to Oz in Feb 2007 when I listened to BH & R - heard Take a Bow and couldn't believe it .. as a 70's prog rock fan I'd given up finding any modern band that came anywhere near... how wrong I was! Now have all their albums, DVD's and the book about Muse...just waiting to see them live now...boo hoo...

First time I heard muse, my friend sent me a crappy copy of Showbiz (the song, not the album). I was like... wtf??? and thought nothing of them till I saw them live for the first time in 04. I was dragged along tot he concert by the same friend, and realised through the set that I already knew and already really fn liked alot of their songs (I'd loved Plug In Baby for ages, but never realised who the band was). And it was that day I decided to become hopelessly obsessed with them :)

Archived