the first ever, was when i was 7 and watched sunburn on TV, their "lipsinc" version... then came 7 years (:eek: yes 7 years!) before i heared Muscle museum again and became interested in the band again, so you can call me an "origional" muser ;)

loved them for 9 years and i am ready to pounce on that new album!

Saw Bliss video on music television sometime 2003... thought 'what the hell is that? That is SO different'. Then heard Time Is Running Out, got Absolution the month it came out, and have digested their music as if it were oxygen ever since.

The very first Muse song I heard/saw was Muscle Museum. It was on an MTV new releases video block back in November 1999. I thought it was interesting and found the outro quite scary, but didn't remember the name of the band. I remembered the video that was on right after it (American Woman by Lenny Kravitz).

Then March of 2006, I decided to explore some new music and asked a friend who was a Muse fan if they were worth looking into and he said they were extremely good. So I downloaded Absolution and that was it. Now I own all the albums, DVDs and working on my vinyl and single collection, and am completely obsessed according to my coworkers. >_>

i'm a 'time is running out' convert.

Then my friend synced our pods, everything muse included, and so began my obsessive and almost psychotic compulsion with everything Matt, Chris and Dom.

T'was love.

Bordeline stalkerish love, but love none the less!

Just realised I've not posted here.

I wish I could say something like "I found a lost CD in my mum's bedroom and stuck it on my old CD player. I was transformed to another world".

But nah. I heard them on the music channels. Plug in Baby/Hysteria; I forget which was first. But I liked them both. I didn't get really into them til 2008 even though I'd heard them about 4 years previous.

It was Feeling Good, all I could remember was the music video. none of the lyrics, tune, the band, the name of the song, nothing...so I put a load of questions (describing the music video) on the internet like Yahoo and some forums. Nobody came up with anything

All I could remember was the red back ground, petals falling, a megaphone and a load of oooooing at the end.

Then I saw Time Is Running Out on TV after about a week and thought I recognised the lead singer, so I typed in 'Muse song sung through megaphone' and there was a page that came up saying that 'Matt's megaphone had broken during Feeling Good and that he'd thrown it at Dom'

So I typed Muse Feeling Good in and here I am today. A person with a slightly unhealthy love for Muse.

The first time I heard ever heard/saw Muse, was when back in early 2004 and I was watching videos on Launch.com and "Time Is Running Out" came on. I thought the song and video were great, but it didn't really get my attention...

The next day though, I started thinking about it and I looked up the video to watch it again, after the second time watching it (I paid closer attention this time), I was hooked. I immediately downloaded as many songs as I could find, burned them on to a CD, and listened to it on repeat non-stop for weeks.. (I eventually bought all their albums). I also watched the rest of their videos and I told all my friends about them too... I was able to convert some of them into Muse fans....

I'm extremely thankful I gave that video a second look.... :D

I wish I could say something like "I found a lost CD in my mum's bedroom and stuck it on my old CD player. I was transformed to another world".

That's actually how I heard them first :happy:, except the cd was in the living room. I was searching for new stuff to listen to in 2005 and Bliss was on this old compilation CD. It was really different to all of the music around at the time. It was so good that I was so preoccupied with it that I actually lost my appetite for a while (and I mean that in the best way possible :LOL: ). I then went through all mum and dad's old CDs to find a few more songs, but it wasn't for another couple years until I heard SMBH that I decided to check them out more extensively.

and that's how it all started, got home from a trip, just few weeks/or even days after they were in latvia... :(

"hey, listen, this song is from muse. you know, i just was in their gig. "

*starlight, unintended, Tiro, apocalypse please, new born, knights of cydonia......*\

me: "yea, i've heard some of these songs before. wha.. and that was muse!?"

"yes... you like it? i though you don't!"

me: "..."

Apocalypse please, New born intro (and after that - all new born), Starlight learned on piano...

kaching!

I missed the most important event in my life! :mad::eek: the more i listened to muse, the more i suffered. And also my fingers (and mum's ears) suffered.

i sat endlessly in front of piano, listening to muse, trying to cover guitar parts...

And thank's god i did that! muse saved me from ebil pip-pop music. :p:D:LOL:

now it just gives me peace...

First time I heard Muse I heard Plug in Baby. I was totally Amazed, the effect on the bass and the insane guitar intro was something I never had heard before.

Think I listened to the song 15+ times (youtube, uhyes).

Then after being amazed, I downloaded "Best of Muse" or something, to listen a bit. First I didn't like it as many Muse songs are pretty slow and if they aren't slow, Matthews voice make them sound a bit slow.

So I thought, well, good but I got my metal to listen to /headbang. But I left Muse in the playlist and after 2-3 months I (without thinking too much) knew a few Muse songs and started to listen more to the small stuff you just don't hear first time (For example, how freaking awesome the instruments are set up in Citizen Erased at 1.25-1.35) and just fell in love with them.

Love how easy the songs really are even if they sound so complex, and how the instruments can sound so metal in Stockholm Syndrome but the song itself most of the time is pretty chilled out because of Matts voice.

Since then (4 years ago or so) I've listened to Muse pretty much every day. Best time in my live, Hovet in Stockholm/Sweden 2007<3

Archived