Don't laugh, but on GH3, i heard Knights of Cydonia, and i was like, "hmm very unique song." Later my Dad told me i should check them out and gave me Blackholes and revelations. All i listened to was Knights. And for 6 long months, i just ignored the Muse album on my itunes. By accident one day last summer, the album before finished and went to take a bow. I was amazed, and listened to more. Ever since then i've been hooked on the band, and proceeded on getting all of their other albums.

well it was about 2004-2005 ish that i heard hysteria and i though it was amazing but it didn't interest me enough to check them out more but slowly i heard more songs and it wasn't until the beginning of 2007 that i was an avid muse fan. i have been every since, listen to them every day.

My obsession with Muse is completely my friend Aimee's fault.

She told me she was trying to figure out the Butterflies and Hurricanes piano solo, assuming I knew what she meant, and I was all, WTF? So yeah, she enlightened me by playing Time Is Running Out and then I just got obsessed and went on a crazy spending frenzy and bought all the CDs.

First song was Hysteria, in 2004 (I was 13.) I was excited to finally hear them, because some people I knew online had been talking about them, but I hadn't got around to listening to them until then. I liked the song, but I thought the distorted vocals were very odd. I was watching the music video (the one where they're surrounded by columns of lights or something? It was later replaced by a different one with a more red and grey background... I don't remember the original one all that well.)

I heard Muse for the first time after Absolution came out; specifically the song Time is Running Out.

At that time I had an awful taste in music and listened to horrible bands with no sense of originality at all, and for some reason I seemed to like those bands and not Muse.

Then in the fall of 2007, after I had stopped listening to that horrid music (because my iPod broke earlier that year), I suddenly remembered Muse and started looking at their videos on YouTube, and realized they were awesome and I was an idiot for not liking them before. I also realized that I had heard New Born a long time ago without knowing the artist was Muse.

Now I've listened to every A and B side of theirs and can't get enough.

I officially don't care about other music.

it seems Time is Running out is the first song many have heard

Probably because it was the first single of theirs to be released in the US.

Many of the people I know that like Muse think Absolution was their first album; they don't even know about Showbiz and Origin.

I heard Muse for the first time after Absolution came out; specifically the song Time is Running Out.

At that time I had an awful taste in music and listened to horrible bands with no sense of originality at all, and for some reason I seemed to like those bands and not Muse.

Then in the fall of 2007, after I had stopped listening to that horrid music (because my iPod broke earlier that year), I suddenly remembered Muse and started looking at their videos on YouTube, and realized they were awesome and I was an idiot for not liking them before. I also realized that I had heard New Born a long time ago without knowing the artist was Muse.

Now I've listened to every A and B side of theirs and can't get enough.

I officially don't care about other music.

Woah. That's my story exactly. Fall of 2007, and everything.

My reaction? I remember, when I first decided to really listen to them, I put Absolution on my iPod because my brother had it, and I went to San Fransisco with my family that weekend (about a 7 hour drive). I listened to it nonstop during the drive there and back. I thought they were weird but cool, and that all their songs sort of sounded the same but I liked them anyway. Then the obsession grew . . .

The first time i heard them was time is running out in my brothers car. I noticed the uniqueness of matt's voice (or however you spell it) and demanded the name of the band and what other songs he had. i still really didnt know them and just listened to what my brother had, but a few weeks later i bought black holes and revelations for his birthday UNSUSPECTINGLY (as in i did not know this cd would somewhat change my life:]) and then listened to it for myself. it was like a jesus moment or something. after that i became seriously obsessed and bought all of their other albums, and now i am here going on about my obsession because no one i know actually wants to listen about how incredibly much i, anna, LOVE. MUSE. :]

'Twas Knights of Cydonia: I believe my thoughts went as follows:

That guitar is pretty cool...

My god that voice is nasal.

My god that voice is high

Holy crap that solo...

And I think it cut out about there due to heavy headbanging.

Funny, cos my dad had been trying to get me to listen to BHaR for ages, and I didn't bother finding time, so when I asked him if he knew what song it was (because, as always, when a good song is on the radio they don't bother telling you what it is) I looked pretty dumb.

Although, that was the first time I heard muse and knew it was them, I'm pretty sure I heard TiRO before, and freaking loved it. Maybe also ToaDA, In Your World, and maybe Bliss once, all of which I liked, but never knew it was Muse.

I first heard Plug in Baby on Kerrang, and I was like "What the hell is that bands name". Then my dad got Asolution and I listened to Hysteria on Absolution, and from then on they have been a big part of my life.

I dont know why Muse arent that well known to be honest, as they will soon be up there with the legends of rock.

its because not all people appreciate something new or different :mad:

Muse style of music is different and if they were playing the same shite that all the other bands play they would have been more popular because most of the people are bloody cunts who just listen to one kinds of music and afraid of change

so lets say if Matt Chris and Dom were playing the same sissy gay music of Oasis FAll out boys or Panic at the disco they maybe became more popular

and i will quote myself

its because not all people appreciate something new or different

this is the reason why not all musers like Bh&r because Muse tried something new and unique which produced the best muse song "Knights of cydonia" (tho Knight isn't my top fav but imo its the best muse song ever)

I orgasmed. Then i changed my pants and went on google to look them up, and immediatley downloaded all of their songs.

Haha no actually I heard Hysteria, I think it was MTV, and I fell in love with the bassline, and the heavy, epic sound. Then it all just kinda went on from there.

I first came across Muse in 01 when they releced the single 'Plug In Baby' Got Oos shortly after the single thanks to some nice worker in tesco who informed me she'd made them keep the album on the shelf a few weeks longer than it should have as she was such a fan.

Waited for Absolution way to impacently. Then got Showbiz and hullabaloo followed by Bhar and Harrp.

I'd like them to be a little more prolific but then that would probably enfringe on their quality. Why must you tour so much, muse?!:p

Plug in baby was just so high paced and was more than just a 'song' it was a story in music, a journey through a musical landscape with a clear beginning middle and end almost everything at the time was just pop manure.

Archived