"Ewww change the channel!"...when I first saw the Sing For Absolution video!:eek::LOL: Then I while later I heard SMBH on the radio and was like "woah who the hell is this!?" and thus Muse came into my life:happy: (I have since grown to like Sing For Abslolution!:LOL:)

Muse introduced me not only to themselves but to quality rock music. They did so in a late afternoon when I was watching some indie selection by a music channel and saw, and litterally became awstruck, by "Feeling Good".

I became as many fans did, obcessed by them: they were quite the revelation and epiphany, with their highly suggestive name (it seemed prophetic that I should stumble upon my new MUSE) and with their rocked up version of a jazz classic that i was already very familiar with. Now mind you, "Feeling good " has had thousands of versions and this one was so fresh I thought I ought to search these guys up. And so I did.

The first song i heard was hysteria live on the absolution tour dvd.

my response, this is THE music that was missing from my life.

shortly followed after hysteria was new born and i was like, this band is the bomb.

I went out and bought all the muse albums i could find, at the time absolution was sold out, they only had showbiz and OoS, so i bought them and never looked back.

Although i swear I have heard Unintended before (like on the radio when i was young or sumfin), it was like stored in my subconscience and was released when i heard it for the first time in like 7 years.

• 2 months later...

In all honesty, I thought

"Wtf is this?"

Because I was playing Absolution, and there's that intro track lol.

It kinda reminded me of & the gods made love by Jimi Hendrix though ;)

Then it went into Apocalypse Please and it reminded me of Politik by Coldplay.

And then, in the midst of me configuring the aforementioned songs together in my mind Matt's voice came through and I was fully blown away :happy:

I heard the song Time Is Running Out, and first i was totally drawn into the beat, then Matt's voice... the way he said friction was sexy, and then just the way he could use his voice, it was a piercing as the guitar and even the guitar grated perfectly, it was love at first ... hear?

the first song i heard was muscle museum, but i only was able to listen the first 20 sec (before matt starts to sing) and i always thought "WTF is that greek music?" :LOL: and didn't like it, and i tried some times to listen to it, but I never was able to hear more of the 20 sec, until "the" day i decided to hear it complete, then i thought "HOLLY SHIT :eek: , how i could be without this music for soo long?" and then fell in love :happy:

The first song I heard was unintended.. I really didnt like it, because it was a very popular song on the show "Idol".:shifty:.everybody was singing it.:rolleyes:. But later I heard the song supermassive black hole, so I started to listen to more of Muse songs and found out that all of their song were awesome:D

First saw the video for Sunburn when I was about 7 and I thought, "what the hell?"

I've known the band since then, but never properly liked them

I downloaded a few Absolution tracks 3 years ago, but it was when I first heard SMBH

That sparked the obsession:happy::LOL: I wish I'd liked them from the very beginning though:(

Ah well:rolleyes:

The first Muse song I heard was Knights of Cydonia...live...when they opened for MCR last year :erm:. The song started and the lights went up and I thought "hmm, what is this...I didn't know what to expect and it ended up being the best concert experience I had ever had. (And they only played 8 songs.) Well, I ran out the next day I could, bought BHaR, listened to the whole thing just driving around in my car. Best way to be introduced to Muse though, to see them live. I haven't been the same since :D

The first song I heard was New Born. A mate sent it to me because he said it was awesome and that I needed to listen to it.

I believe the following MSN conversation went a little like

"Why did you send me a piano piece?"

"Oh, just give it a minute..."

*4 minutes later*

"HOLY S***"

I was kinda crushed after flunking my exams real bad during July. I had a friend who wanted to cheer me up, so he passed me his ipod and asked me to listen to a song. I put the earphones in, and basically my reaction was " Shiv, who are these and why haven't I heard of them before?" That was Feeling Good. Then I heard City of Delusion, and New Born. I went and Youtubed everything else, and was hooked by Supermassive Black Hole and Citizen Erased XD Invincible sealed it for me since it was so inspiration at that point of time XD

Archived