How much money have you spend to see MUSE live?

Stephanie***

I´ve been to two gigs and have spent about 180€, including tickets, trips, hotel, spent the night at friends house the other time so free room... It´s not much considering what some people have paid when going to different countries and stufff.

I wanted to go to Xacobeo, which is probably closer to where I live than Lisbon :LOL: but it´s already sold out! :eek::noey:

I spent 375 on VIP tickets for Voodoo to make it easier for me to get barrier...

But I'm also not going to any other big fests (My ACL chances are so very low now :() and not many more concerts (only Vampire Weekend in October) this year so I figured I'd make my one big fest experience this year the best it could be. That and person im going with wanted them.

Why do you keep going if you don't enjoy it that much' date=' if at all?[/quote']

Because Muse are my favourite band, perhaps?

Put it this way, I've paid £10 for gigs that have been 10x better than some Muse gigs I've been to.

I flew out to Vegas and saw them at The Mandalay Bay Events Centre on April 10th this year and Madrid on June 16th.....an understanding husband....NOT!!! :D...will have seen them 5 times this year after Wembley and if I could go to the states again during Autumn I would but I think I would be divorced.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wouldve loved a ticket for Glasto but couldnt get one :(

The complaining over ticket prices on this board is a lot like us diehard Knicks and Mets fans over the years in NYC, who love their team and attend many, if not all, home games even though we know we'll probably leave disappointed. We then head to the pub and bitch and whine about the disparity between the escalating ticket prices and returns we're getting on the court/field. We then repeat the above the following game night, knowing full well that we could stop supporting our team anytime we want -- but we choose not to. I remember there was a stretch where all I wanted was for the Knicks to lose by a slimmer margin than 10 points every night, i.e., put forth a little effort. Didn't happen. Sad. Broke.

Also, by next tour I'll be old enough to just drive out to them by myself, I'll probably end up chasing Muse around Texas and possibly into Oklahoma. Catch the Houston date, Dallas date, San Antonio or Austin if they play either one, and possibly Oklahoma City if they play it again. Possibly, not certain on that.

So once I get free reign to go to these on my own, the current number will go waaaaaaaaaay up.

I'm also hoping to go to both Wembley dates on the next tour (I'm sure they'd play it again). Because, you know, itd be amazing, and I've always wanted to go to London.

I'm completely broke, so definitely too much (but it was worth it!). The most expensive gigs were Dublin + V Festival in 2008, I think it costed something like 600€ (tickets+plane+..) :rolleyes:

edit: oh and the Royal Albert Hall ended up being quite expensive, something like 300-400€ (knowing that I didn't book an hotel, so just flight and tickets.) 2008 = bad year for saving money. :LOL:

Usually spent around € 800 a year to see many groups, festivals and presentations of a single band. To Muse is the first time I see them, so I will spend a total maximum only for them, is € 100 more or less. I will see then, first in Santiago de Compostela and next in London. If my life revolve around of Muse and not see another group, I think myself would wither.:rolleyes:

All figures in AUD

$150 BDO Melb, $190 tix to both Wembley's, $798 on Australia tour tix

Total of $1138 on tix

Plus airfares to London $2000 (+europe holiday $4000)

Plus airfares around Australia ......(Sydney and Brisbane)

Plus accomodation.......(Everywhere in between)

Muse tour 2010 has been quite expensive but worth every cent and experience had!!!

All figures in AUD

$150 BDO Melb, $190 tix to both Wembley's, $798 on Australia tour tix

Total of $1138 on tix

Plus airfares to London $2000 (+europe holiday $4000)

Plus airfares around Australia ......(Sydney and Brisbane)

Plus accomodation.......(Everywhere in between)

Muse tour 2010 has been quite expensive but worth every cent and experience had!!!

As I'm going with muselovertoo to all these events, my rough estimate is $9000 (aus) on concert tickets, flights, accomodation, associated hoildays and tour merchandise.

Does that make us groupies :LOL:

I spent almost $1,000 between hotel, tickets and travel fees (parking, tolls) to see Muse 4 times last March. worth every penny :D

My total was somewhere in that ballpark for March Muse Madness, but I had other people sharing hotel costs so I think my share was maybe $750 with travel + hotel + concert tickets. (and I only went to 3 gigs)

So far to see them at wembley I think I've spent around $1300, not counting the cost of the added vacation :$ Then there will be transportation and food costs once I actually get there... the above cost is gig tickets + hotel + plane ticket.

And I have no money... but i has credit cards :ninja:

I figure it's worth it because I'm getting travel days along with it :yesey:

too much. seen them 10 times since 06

overseas trips:

saw them on halloween spend about $1800 (i think)

and im going to wembley i'll spend about $1500 total for this trip

the last time was in april phx and vegas i spent about $800 total for everything

edit: ok im in to this now i wanna give a total for all 10 :p

1. Inland Invasion 06: FREE won tickets and parents paid for everything else(cause they went with me)

2. The Forum 07: $100ish

3. Verizon 07: $200 i had to buy tickets for like 3 people cause i wanted company (bastards)

4. Kroq AAXmas 07: $50 for gas, food ,and merch won tickets

5. Dallas Cowboys Stadium 09: $500 total

6. Stade Couvert 09: $1800ish

7. Holiday Havoc 09: $100ish

8. Kroq AAXmas 09: $150 that was for a bus to get back to az and stuff a friend won tixs

9. Airways 10: $400

10. Mandalay bay: $400

so about $4000 just for gigs. muse gigs.

:facepalm:

I'm completely broke, so definitely too much (but it was worth it!). The most expensive gigs were Dublin + V Festival in 2008, I think it costed something like 600€ (tickets+plane+..) :rolleyes:

edit: oh and the Royal Albert Hall ended up being quite expensive, something like 300-400€ (knowing that I didn't book an hotel, so just flight and tickets.) 2008 = bad year for saving money. :LOL:

I did those same three in 2008 (if by Dublin you mean Marlay Park) and yes, it was an expensive year! I also had my Muse tattoo done that year so that was another £50 on the bloody band!:LOL::LOL:

I better not think about how much I already spent this year :stunned:

First driving 900km to Bern and back for that protesters thing, which is like 200€ in fuel and Switzerland is so expensive. Glad I didn't have to buy a ticket.

Then 4 days in Paris and both Stade de France dates, after that I stayed one week in Helsinki (ok, I didn't have to pay for accommodation there) and then London in September. :noey:

Far too much! With travel and accommodation for four to the US this April (having to bring all the family) and then all the other trips abroad to see them...I dread to think, but well worth it.

How much did it cost you each, the travel to the US? Just out of curious, I'd like to know how good you saved the cost on the trip. Any tips? :)

Archived