I voted Pendulum for best live act, like em or hate em they are fucking impressive!

Best video: Biffy for the captain.

Best act in the world today: Muse, for an amazing love-hate relationship. And I will say all the gigs I've been to have been consistently better than the next. I guess it's their Irish bias. But I don't really see anyone IMO that can claim that title currently

Btw NSC voting, for the lulz? :LOL:

I voted Pendulum for best live act, like em or hate em they are fucking impressive!

Best video: Biffy for the captain.

Best act in the world today: Muse, for an amazing love-hate relationship. And I will say all the gigs I've been to have been consistently better than the next. I guess it's their Irish bias. But I don't really see anyone IMO that can claim that title currently

Btw NSC voting, for the lulz? :LOL:

Pendulum are fantastic live. I saw them in 2005 for £2 and had never heard of them and was rather drunk but I remember it being awesome :LOL:

+1! Couldn't agree more!

For Best Track and Video... Resistance and NSC are great songs but there are better songs out there!

For Best Live Act... Muse have basically headlined every major festival this year worldwide. Why? Beacuse they are the best and biggest band around right now! No other band has headlined as many festivals as they have! For us, it's hard to judge a Muse gig beacuse our expectations are rediculously high! But for all my friends who saw them at T In The Park or even watched their Glastonbury performance on tv are all Muse fans now and love them and from what i hear this is happening everywhere! I don't see any other band with such a growing fanbase due to their live performances. They deserve this one!

Best Band... Of Course. No other band around right now can compete with Muse! As said before, they have headlined almost every major festival this year worldwide! Other contenders such as Kasabian are supporting Muse abroad so i don't understand why people would vote for Kasabian instead of Muse! Plus no other band has toured in America like Muse have ealier this year and we all know how hard that is to do for a British Band!

Headlining every festival does mean a band is good, look at Kings of Leon.

Headlining every festival doesn't mean a band is good, look at Kings of Leon.

This is what you meant surely?

But yeah, headlining a festival isn't a correlation with the quality of the artist. Just look at Guns 'n' Roses.

+1! Couldn't agree more!

For Best Track and Video... Resistance and NSC are great songs but there are better songs out there!

For Best Live Act... Muse have basically headlined every major festival this year worldwide. Why? Beacuse they are the best and biggest band around right now! No other band has headlined as many festivals as they have! For us, it's hard to judge a Muse gig beacuse our expectations are rediculously high! But for all my friends who saw them at T In The Park or even watched their Glastonbury performance on tv are all Muse fans now and love them and from what i hear this is happening everywhere! I don't see any other band with such a growing fanbase due to their live performances. They deserve this one!

Best Band... Of Course. No other band around right now can compete with Muse! As said before, they have headlined almost every major festival this year worldwide! Other contenders such as Kasabian are supporting Muse abroad so i don't understand why people would vote for Kasabian instead of Muse! Plus no other band has toured in America like Muse have ealier this year and we all know how hard that is to do for a British Band!

Being the best and being the most popular aren't the same thing though.

Neither of those songs deserve best track/video. They should maybe get best band, at a stretch.

If I liked The Resistance a bit more then I would have gone for them for that. But seeing as i'm not overly keen on it and find the two singles they've released this year to be a bit rubbish I've plumped for something else.

Best Live Act should go to Stevie Wonder. By a country mile. I would say Gorillaz but the Glastonbury show was a disappointment, even moreso since their Roundhouse show was phenomenal.

I'd say Newton Faulkner as well, maybe

If I wasn't voting Muse as best live act, I'd vote Florence and the Machine. I love her songs and her voice is fabulous.

OMG I thought she was dreadful at T in the Park. I know Muse like her too. But personally I thought she was just screaming not singing, just awful.

Newton Faulkner is okay but hardly comparible to Muse.

OMG I thought she was dreadful at T in the Park. I know Muse like her too. But personally I thought she was just screaming not singing, just awful.

I think Florence may have been having an off day there. I think I recall that performance not being upto scratch but when she's on form she's great. I hadn't heard that Muse liked her.

I wasn't aware that it was the "best band compared to muse" award.

I think Florence may have been having an off day there. I think I recall that performance not being upto scratch but when she's on form she's great. I hadn't heard that Muse liked her.

I think I remember Matt mentioning her favourably before. Maybe it was just a bad day. Not just because Matt mentioned her, in case anyone jumps on that! :rolleyes: I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, but she did assault my ears on that occasion.

Archived